New Sailor Moon Anime Announced.

Discuss the Sailor Moon series in this forum.

Re: New Sailor Moon Anime Announced.

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:12 pm

Except for Sailor Cosmos and sailor senshi from other solar systems.
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:30 pm

The Sailor Starlights look like they came out of an S&M brothel. :P
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Makoto » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:39 pm

Dumbledork wrote:Really? Then what about Pokémon or Detective Conan?

Actually, it depends strongly upon whoever's creating/producing the dub, and for what market.

Pokemon was brought to US audiences at some point during the 90's (too lazy to look up the exact date, at the moment :P). 4Kids supposedly got a little better over the years (I don't know about TPCI, or how much Game Freak/Nintendo had an influence over the names (look at how the Team Magma/Aqua admins were renamed in a later appearance)), but let's be fair - Pokemon IS marketed as a children's TV series, more or less.
...though it IS hard to explain some of the renames, especially when you keep obviously Japanese names like "Pikachu..." :mrgreen:

Conan... it's hard to say. Yes, there supposedly was some issue with having the name "Conan" be a part of the series name. and yes, it was fully intended for a TV airing, but I really don't know why they started renaming some things (and inconsistently). Were the name changes more Viz's idea, than Funimation's, or vice versa? :shock:

Slade13: Heartcatch PreCure was okay, I guess - liked the fact that Takayama Minami and Hisakawa Aya played roles in it, too (along with a few other seiyuu I recognized, like the one who plays Ran in Detective Conan (forgot her name for a second :oops: ). But overall, I preferred the original series more, with the concept of two characters who are slightly opposite in some ways, ending up having to work together to use their more powerful attacks. Though I can imagine a YPC5 fusion with Ranma, or something like that, where Akane tries to recruit people to become PCs. :P
Still alive, but failing miserably at dodging Real Life.
My webpage has returned! http://www.fdnest.com/~makoto/
My Fanfiction.net profile: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1473284/
Makoto
Asteroid Senshi

Previous

Return to Specific Series: Sailor Moon