Tuxedo Mask- Does he possess limited flight?

Discuss the Sailor Moon series in this forum.

Re: Tuxedo Mask- Does he possess limited flight?

Postby Lioconvoy » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:56 pm

I think he'll occationally glide, but most of the time it's the same type of leaps the Senshi do.
Sometimes it just doesn't pay....

Expect me when you see me -Doctor Who (The first Doctor)
Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:34 am

Tuxedo Mask often shows up at considerable heights - on buildings, on street-lights. Can't say I've ever seen him hovering in mid-air like the generals, so I'd vote for jumping.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:51 am

For the anime, as the others I've only seen him leaping. Gliding, whether he's done it or not, is probably believable enough to be accepted by most readers. In the manga, he can fly just like the senshi can, and teleport like them, too.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:11 pm

The Senshi could fly in the Manga? One of these days I need to read the manga...well it's getting translated again soon so I'll have my chance.
Sometimes it just doesn't pay....

Expect me when you see me -Doctor Who (The first Doctor)
Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:46 pm

They could fly in the manga as early as the first story arc.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Cheb » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:22 pm

The anime copied the manga for a whole one episode. So the anime creators crew could have mixed the canons before they settled on their own view of powerlevels & abilities. Thus showing a flying Tuxedo Kamen.
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby claymade » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:07 am

If you look closely at his brief fight with Jadeite in the episode where they battle at the airport, it seems that Tux does indeed possess some degree of flight even in the anime. That's not just the camera moving when they spin around each other; they end up on opposite sides while in midair from when they started, and I don't think that kind of lateral spin would work very well with a jump or a glide...

Then again, I don't think he uses it very consistently, and it could just be an implementation of Anime Physics (tm).
claymade
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:49 am

I don't recall him ever moving anything with his mind. I've seen him pick up information about a person by touching them, heal a cut (his own) completely, view other places of the Earth in his mind, share his energy/life force to keep Chibi-Usa alive, prone to seeing visions of the future, and he once used his will to break crystal that had him and a few others trapped and unable to move. Mind you, these things I recall from the manga. Considering that he's the guardian of Earth, and the other mental-powered things that he can do, it probably wouldn't be a stretch to say that he's psychokinetic.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Zwzn » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:19 am

Crescent Pulsar R wrote:I don't recall him ever moving anything with his mind. I've seen him pick up information about a person by touching them, heal a cut (his own) completely, view other places of the Earth in his mind, share his energy/life force to keep Chibi-Usa alive, prone to seeing visions of the future, and he once used his will to break crystal that had him and a few others trapped and unable to move. Mind you, these things I recall from the manga. Considering that he's the guardian of Earth, and the other mental-powered things that he can do, it probably wouldn't be a stretch to say that he's psychokinetic.

Well in the anime:

He unfortunately does the keep Chibi-Usa alive bit when Mistress Nine eats her soul

He is shown healing a cut on a disguised Fisheye's hand

In the Credits he is shown flying as i recall

The only times I recall the senshi flying is either when they get out of the Earth's gravity well, or in season 5, but then all of season 5 is a lotus-eater machine.
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Return to Specific Series: Sailor Moon