Glyph references

Discuss the Sailor Moon series in this forum.

Glyph references

Postby Wyrd » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:32 pm

A person on the Sailor Ranko boards posted this, and I thought people here might be interested in seeing it. This has the traditional symbols for the various planets and their biggest moons as well as some alternative symbols the poster created where there was no existing symbol or he thought a different symbol might be better.

It just seemed like this would be a good reference for people incorporating their own Senshi into a fic.

edit:

Here is a link to a similar page with a couple of variants on the symbols, including the alternate symbol for Charon mentioned below. Reference
Last edited by Wyrd on Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wyrd
Senshi Cadet

Re: Glyph references

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:59 pm

I suppose it could have its uses.

Personally, I prefer the other symbol for Charon, where a capital C is attached to a capital H. It fits better with Pluto's primary symbol, which looks like a capital P.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Zwzn » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:17 pm

Wyrd wrote:A person on the Sailor Ranko boards posted this, and I thought people here might be interested in seeing it. This has the traditional symbols for the various planets and their biggest moons as well as some alternative symbols the poster created where there was no existing symbol or he thought a different symbol might be better.

It just seemed like this would be a good reference for people incorporating their own Senshi into a fic.

edit:

Here is a link to a similar page with a couple of variants on the symbols, including the alternate symbol for Charon mentioned below. Reference

Usagi is Sailor Charon, and using Sailor Moon's gear?
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 am

Maybe? ;p

Well, I think the symbols for Pluto and its moons differ depending on whether they're used in astrology or astronomy, which are two different schools of thought. Personally, I'd reference another portion of the site, which is what I used almost a year ago when I wanted to figure out what symbol to use for Charon. It has a bit more in the way of symbols, and some stuff to read should someone be interested.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Return to Specific Series: Sailor Moon