Great freeze

Discuss the Sailor Moon series in this forum.

Re: Great freeze

Postby Cheb » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:55 am

I got a great idea.
What if king Endymion lied to the visitors from the past? His reason being to hide the fact of their immortality from them. (to prevent them falling to a superiority complex or just put them at ease giving them some worry-free years with their families)
While in reality there was no such thing. :roll:
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Zwzn » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:15 am

Tirfarthuan wrote:Some exceptional fanfics have the Great Freeze lasting a very long time, and there are advantages to that. The longer it lasts, the more the Senshi will be praised for stopping it. If it had lasted five minutes, then there would be no Crystal Tokyo. A few weeks, and they become world heroes. A few years, and they would be revered. A hundred? More? Nobody cares about a person who ends a flash freeze, but what about a person who ends an ice age?

The cause of the Great Freeze is really variable. The more the senshi are personally responsible for it, through action or through inaction, the more despotic Crystal Tokyo tends to be, whether or not the senshi see it that way. The less responsible they are for it, the better Crystal Tokyo is as a future. I've seen some asteroid-caused ones for both of these.

That would actually be reason to think the senshi did not actually defeat the Dead Moon Circus as shown during the series., but I'm not sure why being good fighters would be reason to be given the very different job of running a country/city/planet?
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby Zwzn » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:24 am

Cheb wrote:I got a great idea.
What if king Endymion lied to the visitors from the past? His reason being to hide the fact of their immortality from them. (to prevent them falling to a superiority complex or just put them at ease giving them some worry-free years with their families)
While in reality there was no such thing. :roll:

While we have no way of knowing how truthful king Endymion, the senshi already knew about the indefinite life span that could be expected way back in the Beryl arc, and Minako knew that Tokyo was likely filled with other people reborn from the Moon Kingdom as well. Why lie about something the senshi already know?
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Previous

Return to Specific Series: Sailor Moon