Possible cause of the Great Freeze?

Discuss the Sailor Moon series in this forum.

Re: Possible cause of the Great Freeze?

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:57 am

Zwzn wrote:In the anime Sailor Pluto out right states she is from Crystal Tokyo, and there to ensure the future seen in season 2 happens. Without Sailor Pluto and Chibi-Usa events would have happened very differently in season 2, 3, and 4. We see no sign things are not happening as they "should", and get subtle hints Crystal Tokyo is in the cards.

In the Manga Pluto dies in Crystal Tokyo at the end of the Dark Moon story line, and is reborn in the past.

Deal with it.

I fail to see what you're arguing. It's probably because it's been too long to remember the details, and I'd rather not look through all of the backlog. What I do know is that I don't have to deal with it, because whatever you're arguing falls flat on its face in light of the three taboos. You know, the three things that she's not supposed to do. Which, if I remember correctly, is relevant in both the anime and the manga. It doesn't stop her from doing them, but only as an exception; and I don't recall her breaking the taboos again, after she's reborn. As far as I'm concerned, her long life, up until the thirtieth century, certainly gives her a good of what to expect in the future. But she doesn't travel through time or use the Time Gate to weave everyone's fates.

Zwzn wrote:That is an out of universe explanation so it isn't relevant to this topic.

Well, if you want to accept something that makes no sense as making sense, just because it happens, that's fine by me. But I'll contend that such things can matter, if they're bad enough. And I think it is. (The manga had the decency to do it right.)

Reminds me of the fact that Chibi-Chibi, who is Sailor Moon in the future, can get near and even touch Sailor Moon of the past, in the final story arc, when Sailor Moon, when she's near her future self, as Neo-Queen Serenity, is adversely affected by being too close. You know, for the same reason why Pluto had to stop time in order to prevent Diamond from making the ginzuishou from the past and future touch. Paradox! (Examples from the manga, just so I'm not shown as being particular toward the anime. They're both flawed, here and there.)

I guess people just pick and choose whatever.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Zwzn » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:27 am

Zwzn wrote:In the anime Sailor Pluto out right states she is from Crystal Tokyo, and there to ensure the future seen in season 2 happens. Without Sailor Pluto and Chibi-Usa events would have happened very differently in season 2, 3, and 4. We see no sign things are not happening as they "should", and get subtle hints Crystal Tokyo is in the cards.

In the Manga Pluto dies in Crystal Tokyo at the end of the Dark Moon story line, and is reborn in the past.

Deal with it.

Crescent Pulsar R wrote:
I fail to see what you're arguing. It's probably because it's been too long to remember the details, and I'd rather not look through all of the backlog. What I do know is that I don't have to deal with it, because whatever you're arguing falls flat on its face in light of the three taboos. You know, the three things that she's not supposed to do. Which, if I remember correctly, is relevant in both the anime and the manga. It doesn't stop her from doing them, but only as an exception; and I don't recall her breaking the taboos again, after she's reborn. As far as I'm concerned, her long life, up until the thirtieth century, certainly gives her a good of what to expect in the future. But she doesn't travel through time or use the Time Gate to weave everyone's fates.
Time Spy Pluto is canon in the anime, and the proof comes from her own lips.

Time Spy Pluto is sort of canon in the manga.
Zwzn wrote:That is an out of universe explanation so it isn't relevant to this topic.

Crescent Pulsar R wrote: Well, if you want to accept something that makes no sense as making sense, just because it happens, that's fine by me. But I'll contend that such things can matter, if they're bad enough. And I think it is. (The manga had the decency to do it right.)

Reminds me of the fact that Chibi-Chibi, who is Sailor Moon in the future, can get near and even touch Sailor Moon of the past, in the final story arc, when Sailor Moon, when she's near her future self, as Neo-Queen Serenity, is adversely affected by being too close. You know, for the same reason why Pluto had to stop time in order to prevent Diamond from making the ginzuishou from the past and future touch. Paradox! (Examples from the manga, just so I'm not shown as being particular toward the anime. They're both flawed, here and there.)

I guess people just pick and choose whatever.

The senshi lost in season 4 there is no problem in the anime time line.

If Chibi-Chibi was lying, or the Dark Moon Circus won there is at least one less problem in the manga.
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:40 am

zwzn wrote:Time Spy Pluto is canon in the anime, and the proof comes from her own lips.

Time Spy Pluto is sort of canon in the manga.

Okay, I think I have an easy (enough) solution. Someone, anyone, if they're up to it, can point me to an anime episode or manga chapter that shows that she's a Time Spy. I'm pretty sure she's not in the manga, at least, since I'm pretty familiar with it; but, for the sake of the argument, maybe I'm wrong about that.

(I'd look it up myself, but I don't have an idea of where to look, like I had when I found Endymion yapping about stuff.)

The senshi lost in season 4 there is no problem in the anime time line.

If Chibi-Chibi was lying, or the Dark Moon Circus won there is at least one less problem in the manga.

I'm not sure what you're saying, here, in regard to the senshi losing or the clowns winning. If you're saying them as facts or what ifs. As for Chibi-Chibi, we have to assume that she's telling the truth, since there's nothing of the series afterward that could contradict her. Lying will have to be reserved for fan-fiction theories. (Which I've done, actually. Well, I haven't written up to that part yet, but eventually...)
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:23 pm

My theory about this

(1)The anime Crystal Tokyo we see in the anime is not on the same timeline with the anime 'main timeline' .

(2)In the Anime Crystal Tokyo Timeline, either the Senshi or their Allies stuck the Earth in 'coldsleep' to protect in from Enemies - Or rather, Galaxia and such.

(3)The anime 'Pluto from the 'future'' was sorely puzzled that nothing seemed to turn out the way she thought it would till she managed to figure out that it wasn't the same timeline at all. And then, she decided to put her trust in that timeline's Usagi and her friends, and stopped time, and died. (I don't think she stayed dead, but die she did, at least once)

Season-5 Pluto on the other hand actually is a 'local version Pluto' who'd been 'briefed' by the 'Crystal Tokyo version', including the 'Please take care of Small Lady!' stuff.

Season-5 Pluto is trying to fly by the seat of her pants, and knows this.
Tinkerbell
Senshi Candidate

Previous

Return to Specific Series: Sailor Moon