Sailormoon human monsters

Discuss the Sailor Moon series in this forum.

Sailormoon human monsters

Postby Quickshot0 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:28 am

I have a question on some of the enemies in Sailormoon that have a human base. In specific what I'm wondering about is if the Phages in the Sailor Stars arc, is it the only cases where a human will turn in to a monster when you take something away from them?
Or are there some alternative possibilities aside of the few cases of possession we've seen?
Quickshot0
Moon Senshi

Re: Sailormoon human monsters

Postby Pusakuronu » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:16 pm

Well, there's the rainbow crystal carriers, but they are a special case. However, Zoisite later upgraded the black crystal he was using to extract the shards so he could just zap someone with it, and the target would turn into a monster. That's not really taking something from them, though.
Pusakuronu
Senshi Candidate

Postby Quickshot0 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:50 pm

Ahhh, I see, I'd forgotten about Zoisite. I'll have to take that in to account then, thanks for the information.
Quickshot0
Moon Senshi

Postby Comartemis » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:53 pm

I imagine it as being somewhat similar to extracting a piece of their souls and replacing it with dark energy, which triggers the transformation. Purging the energy with Sailor Moon's healing magic allows the Star Seed (or whatever) to be replaced into its' rightful place.
Currently Watching: Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu
Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Currently Reading: Sora no Otoshimono

KILL the darkfic. BURN the angst. PURGE the Bad End.
Comartemis
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Quickshot0 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:48 pm

That's a rather clever idea, so it would be like getting to study the crystals while getting instant minions, with a rather minimal investment of energy. I can see how that would be attractive to Galaxia.
Quickshot0
Moon Senshi

Postby AdmiralTigerclaw » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:05 pm

"MutterI'll replace Galaxia's heart with Depleted UraniumMutter..."

*Rechecks GAU-8*
Ernest 'Admiral Tigerclaw' Hart
OWNER: Samurai Penguin Studios
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/SamuraiPenguinStudio
AdmiralTigerclaw
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby timdraco » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:57 pm

wasnt there something about the balck moon family changeing normal humans into monsters?
timdraco
Senshi Cadet

Postby Quickshot0 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:16 pm

I can't recall any instance myself, but I'd forgotten one other example already... so I'm not entirely sure. I poked around a little bit in wikimoon as well but haven't found anything there either atleast not up till now. On a side note, is it black moon family or dark moon family? I think it's the former but I've seen the latter used a few times here and there.
Quickshot0
Moon Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:14 am

Quickshot0 wrote:I can't recall any instance myself, but I'd forgotten one other example already... so I'm not entirely sure. I poked around a little bit in wikimoon as well but haven't found anything there either atleast not up till now. On a side note, is it black moon family or dark moon family? I think it's the former but I've seen the latter used a few times here and there.

There's a ---- Moon Family and a ---- Moon Circus. Always confused me. Season two, season four.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Comartemis » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:00 pm

timdraco wrote:wasnt there something about the balck moon family changeing normal humans into monsters?

Yes, actually. I never saw most of the R season myself but I know Sailor Moon turned several of Rubeus's minions (those girls in his Quirky Miniboss Squad, actually) into humans, which I don't think she could've done if they'd never been human in the first place.

Comartemis
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby timdraco » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:27 pm

thanks well now ill have to break out r season just to check lol. i think that was a main line canon idea through out the whole series and movies that the enemy could turn humans into monsters.
timdraco
Senshi Cadet

Postby Comartemis » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:44 pm

It is; whenever the villains don't supply their own monsters (most youma, the cardians, and the daimons for instance) they inevitably use humans or something provided by humans to create their minions. It's one of the reasons why I headdesk at everyone who goes with the "NQS's purification brainwashes mankind" theory after we've had three or four seasons of humans being corrupted and transformed into monsters and saved via that same purification (but that's a topic for another thread...).

Comartemis
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Cheb » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:14 am

AFAIR, the monsters of Nehelenia's circus were her former royal court (humans).

is it the only cases where a human will turn in to a monster when you take something away from them?

It's not "taking away". It's forcible awakening them as a Sailor Senshi by the process of materializing their Star Seeds. Most people don't have power nor purity for that so they are rapidly corrupted by their own nature. Galaxia's minions then just lose interest in the subject, so the Star Seed gets reabsorbed, resulting in a twisted parody of a Sailor Warrior.

There's a ---- Moon Family and a ---- Moon Circus. Always confused me.

BLACK moon family and DEAD moon circus. Quite a difference. :)

"MutterI'll replace Galaxia's heart with Depleted UraniumMutter..."

She's able to cleave buildings in half with her sword, you know. Are you sure some stupid depleted uranium would be able to scratch her?
Not to say that she doesn't have a star seed herself, being an ultimate zombie powered by Primordial Chaos. I'm not sure if she is killable at all.
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Comartemis » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:26 pm

You've obviously never seen a GAU-8 Avenger in action, Cheb.

Comartemis
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Cheb » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:58 pm

Impressive. But still she devastated uncounted planets, many of them probably having much better technologies. Their defenders failed to kill her -- I believe not for the lack of trying.
A simple battle clairvoyance will ensure none of the bullets would hit her. The zero magic resistance of the plane's pilot will ensure he'll have his soul sucked out before he even gets close.
Plus Galaxia appeared amidst the storm of her own making. Plus, she shows the ability to control electronic transmissions at will. There would be no radar, no navigation, no communication, the flight conditions terrible... No, it would be like hunting a T-Rex in the pitch dark jungle. Theoretically, you have a chance to shoot it down, but... Chomp. Just chomp.

And still, I don't believe Galaxia is as fragile as some puny main battle tank. No ultimate badass villain would allow themselves such a weakness.
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Next

Return to Specific Series: Sailor Moon