Sailor Venus: Cursed?

Discuss the Sailor Moon series in this forum.

Sailor Venus: Cursed?

Postby SpaceKnight of Chaos » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:18 am

I was just browsing the Anime Addventure when I stumbled across something that made me curious. It was basically a reference to the Sailor V manga, claiming that, in that serial, Sailor Venus had a fiance named "Danburite" (or something like that) and that she was forced to kill him in the course of her duty. With his last breath, he cursed her to always be forced to choose between either duty or love, or somesuch... is this at all true?
Water, water, everywhere, and all was cursed and black!
Drowned ones cast bad spell and out come pig, girl, duck, panda!
Swirl, swirl, slithery pond, and join with magic spring!
Swirl, swirl, dirty pond, and rid the cursed sting!
Here my prayer, I beg you please!
Now turn these curses BACK!

http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-boys-names.shtml
http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-girls-names.shtml
SpaceKnight of Chaos
Prism Power Senshi

Re: Sailor Venus: Cursed?

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:30 am

No. If I remember the character in question, it was more like a fortune telling. He showed her a card and told her that finding love will be hopeless, because her duty as a senshi would get in the way. And then he said that she should be happy, since she doesn't have to worry about choosing between the two. Or something like that.

And, if I remember correctly, he wasn't her fiance; he just claimed to be "the one", more or less. But they had never met personally, since she usually lived in her castle or the moon, and he on her home planet as a non-special soldier.
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:40 am

The character who told her that was Danburite, leader of the Dark Agency, and the main villain of Codename: Sailor V. In the combined Sailor V/ Sailor Moon mythos, he was a commander just under the four Generals in the Dark Kingdom hierarchy, and his energy-gathering scheme was running a talent agency that produced "idols" who were the prototypes of the youma of Sailor Moon. He later played the part of an idol himself using the name Phantom Ace, pretended to be Minako's ally, and became a love interest for her.

From Wikipedia:
Kaitou Ace (Phantom Ace (最上A)) was a love interest of Minako's in Codename: Sailor V. He was an idol who appeared after an evil plot to make girls gain weight. He helped the girls of Tokyo to lose weight, had his own TV show, and fights alongside Sailor V (like Tuxedo Mask would later help Sailor Moon). It is later revealed that he is Danburite, who serves under the Shitennou. In the Silver Millennium, he was Adonis, a lowly foot-soldier posted to Venus. He saw Princess Venus and fell in love with her, but his love was hopeless. He was talented at giving "Love Readings" involving playing cards, predominately the Aces of the four suits. In his final death scene against Sailor V he foretells that her love shall forever remain hopeless, dooming her and at the same time leaving her path open to put her mission before romance without hesitation.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby AdmiralTigerclaw » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:36 pm

Well, I can say that's one villain who put some finess into his death. Most of them just scream 'NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! THIS CANNOT BE! I"M INVINCIBLE! ARRRGHH-" after which death is usually instantanious.
Ernest 'Admiral Tigerclaw' Hart
OWNER: Samurai Penguin Studios
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/SamuraiPenguinStudio
AdmiralTigerclaw
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Return to Specific Series: Sailor Moon