Pluto is still a planet - in some places

Discuss the Sailor Moon series in this forum.

Re: Pluto is still a planet - in some places

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:10 pm

Words are just vibrations of sound given distinct intonations, wherein bearing a meaning. It's not different from many other creatures that make sounds to communicate, only they're much more complex. In truth, words are a crutch when it comes to magic, created by human familiarity and a lack of imagination. Words, ordinarily such a simple thing to a person, that can somehow accomplish great things -- usually to a conveniently-capable type of person, because, for some reason, not just anyone is special enough to say the same words to such affect. And yet far is it from magic to be restrained by words. Indeed, words are dwarfed by a large array and variety of other things with which magic can come into being. Words aren't special; they're just convenient and easy for most people to use and understand.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that. It doesn't matter if we agree or disagree, since it's not exactly what the topic was about. And, in the end, everyone's free to exercise whatever ideas they like.
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Tovath » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:13 pm

I would argue that words are very important, after all just what are we using to have is discussion, but I agree that we should just leave it.
“Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.”
-Hanlon's Razor

"Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much."
-Oscar Wilde

Senshi of Puck
Tovath
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:11 pm

I'm not saying that words aren't important in that way (we're talking about magic, not standard usage, remember?). I'm only saying that words are given power by individual choice, not by nature. And when individual choice gives words power beyond normal, it's usually because the nature of the universe (or world, or other special area/zone) makes it possible.

And if that loose end is tied, that should be it for me. XD
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Previous

Return to Specific Series: Sailor Moon