Questions: Senshi and Shitennou, their past lives, love, ect

Discuss the Sailor Moon series in this forum.

Questions: Senshi and Shitennou, their past lives, love, ect

Postby LadyRelena » Fri May 08, 2009 3:56 pm

This sailor moon picture is defiantly an old one but when I found it on this site http://mangastyle.net/genga1.htm there was some caption under it saying

"This is the title page for the conclusion of the first series of Sailor Moon. It had a great deal of impact on the first series. Probably because the four couplings on the right side were very unexpected. I was thinking of love stories of the previous lives of these couples. I'd like to be able to draw that someday..."

Then something dawned on me; granted I haven't read or watched the ending of Sailor Moon in a very long time, but if I'm not mistaken, In the ending of the anime version, Sailor moon gets back all the sailor crystals/souls from Galaxea after she turns good. Witch meant everyone was reborn in the Galaxy and on Earth. In the manga version, Sailor moon absorbs all the sailor crystals and transforms into Sailor Cosmos. She again turns Galaxea good and everyone is reborn again.

If everyone gets reborn again doesn't that mean all the previous bad guys get reborn too? (but this time as good guys) That would mean that the (Shitennou) the four guardians of Endymion would be reborn as well. And if that's true, then shouldn't the inner Senshi still have memories and or feelings for them just as Usagi/Serenity had for Mamoru/Endymion? To think that only Usagi and Mamoru still have the power of love over time, just because they're the main characters/couple, seems a little cliche and unfair to the other Senshi.

Would you think this would be possible in the canon storyline?

BTW It would be awesome if there were a fanfiction post canon manga/anime of the inner Senshi and Shitennou that linked memories from their past lives in the Silver Millennium.
Ranma/Shampoo, Ranma/Kurumi, Ryoga/Anna, and Ukyo/Ryuu
LadyRelena
Senshi Cadet

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Fri May 08, 2009 6:14 pm

Well, things may be like that in the anime. I'm more familiar with the manga, so I'll correct you on that front and then give you additional information on the four guardians.

First, Endymion's four guardians weren't reborn at the end of the manga. Galaxia had only collected Sailor Crystals, which they don't have. (While there are various kinds of Star Seeds, and they probably had "strong" ones, Galaxia was only interested in the Sailor Crystal variety.) Eternal Sailor Moon did melt in the cauldron, but she didn't absorb any of the other Sailor Crystals; they merely granted her their power. At which point she defeats Chaos, and they were all immediately regenerated and sent on their way to their respective destinations.

Now, about Endymion's four guardians. In the manga, there is no sign that they had any relationship with Sailor Moon's guardian senshi. Not in the flashbacks, or when their memory is recovered. In fact, in that picture, Venus and Kunzite are shown together; and yet Venus shows no sign of love or remorse for him, who is the only one of the four that remains alive by the time they regain their memories, when she (along with the other senshi) planet attack him to death.

As for Takeuchi's intentions, I can not say. It could have just been a thought she fancied when she drew that picture, or an expression of an idea that she wasn't able to include in the manga. But one thing is for certain: having a relationship isn't in their destiny. In the fourth story arc we are told what dreams the senshi have and, while the baddies try to convince them to pursue their dreams, rather than carry on their duty as senshi, their "inner selves" convince them to abandon them because they all share a duty that they can not deviate from, which includes any distractions. It's unfair, but that seems to be the way it is. Usagi and Mamoru can have a relationship and have a child, same as Luna and Artemis, but not them.

Now, to address your question: I think it's possible. While I personally disagree, I can't say so in regard to the anime, since I'm not as familiar with it. Plus, whether it's canon or not, there's a good chance that enough people will accept it as canon (even if it's simply because that image exists). But I don't see anything wrong with exploring the idea, anyway. If that's what someone (and other people) fancy, then enjoy it.
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby TerraEpon » Fri May 08, 2009 9:38 pm

There's nothing at all even hinting any such pairings in the anime, or even hinting that the four generals were ever anything but bad guys.

Still, there's a lot of fanfics that use those pairings based on that pic (or based on speculation garnered from it).
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Fri May 08, 2009 10:12 pm

What about with the live action? I know that Jedite was very loyal to Beryl, but were any of the other generals paired?
Sometimes it just doesn't pay....

Expect me when you see me -Doctor Who (The first Doctor)
Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby LadyRelena » Sat May 09, 2009 1:48 am

Crescent Pulsar wrote:Well, things may be like that in the anime. I'm more familiar with the manga, so I'll correct you on that front and then give you additional information on the four guardians.

First, Endymion's four guardians weren't reborn at the end of the manga. Galaxia had only collected Sailor Crystals, which they don't have. (While there are various kinds of Star Seeds, and they probably had "strong" ones, Galaxia was only interested in the Sailor Crystal variety.) Eternal Sailor Moon did melt in the cauldron, but she didn't absorb any of the other Sailor Crystals; they merely granted her their power. At which point she defeats Chaos, and they were all immediately regenerated and sent on their way to their respective destinations.

Now, about Endymion's four guardians. In the manga, there is no sign that they had any relationship with Sailor Moon's guardian senshi. Not in the flashbacks, or when their memory is recovered. In fact, in that picture, Venus and Kunzite are shown together; and yet Venus shows no sign of love or remorse for him, who is the only one of the four that remains alive by the time they regain their memories, when she (along with the other senshi) planet attack him to death.

As for Takeuchi's intentions, I can not say. It could have just been a thought she fancied when she drew that picture, or an expression of an idea that she wasn't able to include in the manga. But one thing is for certain: having a relationship isn't in their destiny. In the fourth story arc we are told what dreams the senshi have and, while the baddies try to convince them to pursue their dreams, rather than carry on their duty as senshi, their "inner selves" convince them to abandon them because they all share a duty that they can not deviate from, which includes any distractions. It's unfair, but that seems to be the way it is. Usagi and Mamoru can have a relationship and have a child, same as Luna and Artemis, but not them.

Now, to address your question: I think it's possible. While I personally disagree, I can't say so in regard to the anime, since I'm not as familiar with it. Plus, whether it's canon or not, there's a good chance that enough people will accept it as canon (even if it's simply because that image exists). But I don't see anything wrong with exploring the idea, anyway. If that's what someone (and other people) fancy, then enjoy it.

Well, ok then, how could this idea work using post canon manga then? I'm up for ideas.
Ranma/Shampoo, Ranma/Kurumi, Ryoga/Anna, and Ukyo/Ryuu
LadyRelena
Senshi Cadet

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Sat May 09, 2009 6:19 am

Well, Usagi is capable of restoring things. As for bringing stuff back from the dead... Doesn't look like it. But it's obviously in the realm of possibility, in some form or another.

The best thing that comes to mind, is the instance where Cosmos restores what Galaxia was in the process of destroying. (Since I'd assume Cosmos is capable of such a thing.) You could say that Mamoru's apartment got caught up in the destruction, where the four stones are kept, and they regain their bodies when Cosmos' power restores everything. It'd work in much the same way as when Sailor Moon first used her moon rod. When she tried to save the people, it was shown that other unintended effects had taken place: such as a flower growing/blooming, and child recovering from whatever illness they had.

Or you could just conceive a reason for why they would be brought back on purpose, whether they had a relationship with the senshi in the past or not. It could be just as interesting to put the relationships together from scratch.
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Return to Specific Series: Sailor Moon