Random Sailor Moon Discussion.

Discuss the Sailor Moon series in this forum.

Random Sailor Moon Discussion.

Postby Frog » Fri May 26, 2006 5:08 pm

I couldn't decide whether this should go in Fic Research or the SM section since it pertains a bit to both. In the end I decided to post it here since it's mostly discussion about Senshi rather information gathering for fic writing.
I present you some scans of the SM manga, french translation. I scanned these back when a friend of my sisters had loaned me the manga. I no longer have it so further scans are impossible, unless I manage to snag the manga again. These are all flipped so read from left to right, instead of the original japanese orientation.
1. A little exhibit to further counter fanon ideas of Pluto. This is her on the verge of tears because the other Senshi are getting creamed during The Black Moon Family story and she cannot move from her position as Guardian of the Gates. Evil mastermind who has been controlling the the fate of history since the fall of the Silver Millenium Empire? Hardly.
2. I must've missed a page in the french translation but was it ever explained why Haruka was wearing a Tuxedo Kamen getup? Whatever happened to that suit anyway?
3. http://www.sentrygun.com/ascension/SM/scan3.jpg
http://www.sentrygun.com/ascension/SM/scan4.jpg
http://www.sentrygun.com/ascension/SM/scan5.jpg
http://www.sentrygun.com/ascension/SM/scan6.jpg
http://www.sentrygun.com/ascension/SM/scan8.jpg
These scans show how some of the Senshi introduce themselves. We all know how Moon is 'Soldier of Love and Justice', or something like that, but I just thought it was rather neat that the others also had their own personal introductions. For the french impaired here are my rather rusty translations:
Mars: I am Sailor Mars, Soldier of Combat, under the protection of the planet of fire.
Jupiter: I am Sailor Jupiter, Soldier of Force (Strength?), protected by the planet of lightning.
Venus: I am Sailor Venus, Soldier of Love, protected by the planet of beauty, Venus.
Neptune: I am the Soldier of the Abyss, protected by the planet of the sea, Neptune.
Uranus: I am the Soldier of the Sky, protected by Uranus, the planet of the wind.
Saturn: I am the Soldier of Silence (not Death, not Death and Rebirth), protected by Saturn, the planet of destruction.
Would anybody happen to know how the rest of the Senshi introduce themselves? I think I recall Pluto introducing herself as the Soldier of Revolution, but it seems like I did not get a scan of that page.
Hm, guess that's it. If people feel that this is better of under fic research then so be it *shrugs*
Move, make way, truth is coming through
The era of justice will come
There are songs of hope too
I would happily sacrifice my life for this world.
Frog
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: Random Sailor Moon Discussion.

Postby Zwzn » Sat May 27, 2006 12:41 am

Frog wrote:1. A little exhibit to further counter fanon ideas of Pluto. This is her on the verge of tears because the other Senshi are getting creamed during The Black Moon Family story and she cannot move from her position as Guardian of the Gates. Evil mastermind who has been controlling the the fate of history since the fall of the Silver Millenium Empire? Hardly.
Her character in the anime is very different. She tends to come off as cold and manipulative. and she always seems to at the very least to have a good idea what is going on and what to do. She also gets almost no screen time.
She was sent back in time by Neo Queen Serenity to ensure/protect Crystal Tokyo in the anime, and she never died on until the end of season3/S. I do not remember it ever stated how far back into the past she was sent, and I do not remember it ever being stated how long she had been in the past.
Strange thought:
Given what I remember threre may only be a Crystal Tokyo Pluto in the anime.
Basicly your fanon Pluto is just not manga Pluto, but she is likely based on the anime Pluto. The anime and manga are very different.
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Sat May 27, 2006 11:11 am

Zwzn wrote:Her character in the anime is very different. She tends to come off as cold and manipulative. and she always seems to at the very least to have a good idea what is going on and what to do. She also gets almost no screen time.
She was sent back in time by Neo Queen Serenity to ensure/protect Crystal Tokyo in the anime, and she never died on until the end of season3/S. I do not remember it ever stated how far back into the past she was sent, and I do not remember it ever being stated how long she had been in the past.

Where are you getting this information? It's not really correct. I'll grant you this, though; because a lot of the anime was written by the production staff instead of Naoko Takeuchi, it actually contradicts itself at times.
In the anime episode #82 of Sailor Moon R, Luna says she once heard Queen Serenity speak of a Sailor Senshi who must remain at her post at all times. According to her, Pluto is a lonely warrior who, because of her duty, must live out her life in the Nether Realm, alone. This is canon, and follows Naoko's story.
In Sailor Moon S episode #112, Setsuna says that she has to help Uranus and Neptune "find the Messiah". She doesn't seem to have any idea that Usagi is the right person, something she should already know if she'd come from the future. In episode #115, Setsuna and Chibi-Usa talk, and Usa says that she'd thought Pluto had forgotten about her. Pluto tells her to call her Setsuna, not Puu. Pluto does mention in that scene that Neo-Queen Serenity sent Chibi-Usa there. Come to think of it, that's probably where you got confused. NQS didn't send back Pluto in SMS, she sent Chibi-Usa for "training".
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Cyber_Skaarj » Sat May 27, 2006 2:01 pm

You know, based on that pic of Saturn, I'd say Hotaru's gonna grow up to be one scary lady.
"Never send a Henchkitty to do an assassin's job..."
The Devils Creed

Appointed Spammer Rank C By Himitsu, 11th March 2007
Cyber_Skaarj
Moon Senshi

Postby DCG » Sat May 27, 2006 3:13 pm

Cyber_Skaarj wrote:You know, based on that pic of Saturn, I'd say Hotaru's gonna grow up to be one scary lady.

*aachoo* 9-chan *ahmm* excuse me.
DCG
Fukufics Staffer

Postby Cyber_Skaarj » Sat May 27, 2006 3:16 pm

DCG wrote:*aachoo* 9-chan *ahmm* excuse me.

Any links to pics? I've only ever seen Sailor Moon up until the end of the Doom Tree arc, and never read the Manga at all, so I don't know what Mistress 9 looks like.
The Devils Creed

Cyber_Skaarj
Moon Senshi

Postby DCG » Sat May 27, 2006 3:30 pm

Can't forget the tentacle hair.
That should be enought.
DCG
Fukufics Staffer

Postby Zwzn » Sat May 27, 2006 4:24 pm

lwf58 wrote:
Zwzn wrote:Her character in the anime is very different. She tends to come off as cold and manipulative. and she always seems to at the very least to have a good idea what is going on and what to do. She also gets almost no screen time.

Where are you getting this information? It's not really correct. I'll grant you this, though; because a lot of the anime was written by the production staff instead of Naoko Takeuchi, it actually contradicts itself at times.
From watching what is done in the anime and listening to what is said, and reading subs.
lwf58 wrote: In the anime episode #82 of Sailor Moon R, Luna says she once heard Queen Serenity speak of a Sailor Senshi who must remain at her post at all times. According to her, Pluto is a lonely warrior who, because of her duty, must live out her life in the Nether Realm, alone. This is canon, and follows Naoko's story.
Luna said it her self it was not first hand information in the anime, and her memory of the moon is not very good.
Uranus and Neptune trust Pluto. This means they knew her well. They did not trust Saturn or the inners.
We are out right told they fought along side each other.
My conclusion is that Luna got something wrong, or Queen Serenity was lied to.
On a side note the anime and manga are not and can not be the same world. There are major diffences in characters and events. This is why I always try to remember to state if I am tlking about the anime or manga.
lwf58 wrote: In Sailor Moon S episode #112, Setsuna says that she has to help Uranus and Neptune "find the Messiah". She doesn't seem to have any idea that Usagi is the right person, something she should already know if she'd come from the future. In episode #115, Setsuna and Chibi-Usa talk, and Usa says that she'd thought Pluto had forgotten about her. Pluto tells her to call her Setsuna, not Puu. Pluto does mention in that scene that Neo-Queen Serenity sent Chibi-Usa there. Come to think of it, that's probably where you got confused. NQS didn't send back Pluto in SMS, she sent Chibi-Usa for "training".
It is out right stated in the Sub and Dub that that Pluto was sent back in order to make sure that things happened the way did in season3 in order to ensure the event seen in R came to pass. The statement I am thinking of happens before that little chat but after the grail is summoned in the first part of the Ep. titled "Who is the true mesiah? Chaos of light and darkness".
From the Sub
Pluto: If that happens, the future will change as well, of course...
Ami: Setsuna, you came here from the future to tell us about that, right?
Pluto: Yes...

From the Dub
Pluot: And that means, the future as we have known won't come to be...
Ami: So, you've come from the future to prevent the purity chalice getting into the wrong hands?
Pluto: Yes...
Last edited by Zwzn on Tue May 30, 2006 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby Zwzn » Sat May 27, 2006 4:40 pm

Cyber_Skaarj wrote:
DCG wrote:*aachoo* 9-chan *ahmm* excuse me.

Any links to pics? I've only ever seen Sailor Moon up until the end of the Doom Tree arc, and never read the Manga at all, so I don't know what Mistress 9 looks like.
These galleries have some nice Hotaru/Misstress9/Sailor Saturn pictures.
http://www.angelfire.com/moon2/silentmessiah/
http://www.moonprincess.com/galleries
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby Cyber_Skaarj » Sat May 27, 2006 4:53 pm

Thanks.
Heh, knew Hotaru could be a really scary girl if she wanted to be:
And, personally, I definately think Saturn has the best of the Senshi's fukus:
As to the discussion on Pluto, I don't really know that much about it, but here and here have some pretty good info on the series, so that might help.
The Devils Creed

Cyber_Skaarj
Moon Senshi

Return to Specific Series: Sailor Moon