She lost it again

Discuss the Sailor Moon series in this forum.

She lost it again

Postby Zwzn » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:34 am

How many times is the Silver Crystal taken from Usagi in the anime and manga, and how does the Silver Crystal being taken from her effect her health?

I remeber it being taken from Usagi at least once in both the mang and anime.

I remeber in season one the Silver crystal had been broken into seven peaces, and each peace was used to imprison one of Beryl's seven elite warriors. Each crystal had also been sealed in a different person. Usagi was fine without the silver crystal.

I also remember in R the Dark Moon family got a hold of the present Silver Crystal and the future Silver Crystal, but I don't remember how it affected Usagi's health.

So, does anyone remember any onther times Usagi did not have the crystal, and the effects it had on her health?
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby P.H. Wise » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:42 pm

In the anime? I don't recall her ever really losing it after she got it. Well, in the Sailor Moon R movie, it shattered, and while she was still alive, her eyes were all creepy and soulless and she didn't do anything but lie there and continue breathing until it was restored.
Hige sceal þe heardra || heorte þe cenre,
mod sceal þe mare || þe ure mægen lytlað.
P.H. Wise
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Zwzn » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:31 am

P.H. Wise wrote:In the anime? I don't recall her ever really losing it after she got it. Well, in the Sailor Moon R movie, it shattered, and while she was still alive, her eyes were all creepy and soulless and she didn't do anything but lie there and continue breathing until it was restored.
Thank you, and you right. The problem is we don't know why she basicly died. It could have just been she "died" from over doing it like at the end of season 1, and she put to much energy into the crystal making it shatter or used to much energy to fast.

I know Usagi's broach(Silver Crystal and all) gets taken from her in season 3, and she just can't seem to transform into Sailor Moon, and Neo Princess/Queen Serenity. It also seems that in the anime she needs the silver crystal to transform into princess mode.

I was hoping someone could come up with a more clear cut case of the silver crystal being taken and causing Usagi to have poor health or not then what I could come up with.
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby P.H. Wise » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:42 am

From what I can tell, in the Anime, the physical presence of the Silver Crystal doesn't have any effect on her health. It's only when the crystal is actually destroyed that things go bad.

Mind you, the Silver Moon Crystal (Usagi's starseed, which the Ginzuishou evolves into, whatever that means - maybe it's a kind of gestalt? Maybe her starseed absorbs the Ginzuishou) is something that Usagi can't do without, but that's true of all star-seeds and their bearers. It may not even be the physical presence of the starseed that is required. It's entirely possible that (this is my own theory and not canon, mind you) Galaxia's weapon severs the spiritual link between the star-seed and its host body, and THAT is why it causes the host body to slowly fade away.
P.H. Wise
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Zwzn » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:58 am

P.H. Wise wrote:From what I can tell, in the Anime, the physical presence of the Silver Crystal doesn't have any effect on her health. It's only when the crystal is actually destroyed that things go bad.

Mind you, the Silver Moon Crystal (Usagi's starseed, which the Ginzuishou evolves into, whatever that means - maybe it's a kind of gestalt? Maybe her starseed absorbs the Ginzuishou) is something that Usagi can't do without, but that's true of all star-seeds and their bearers. It may not even be the physical presence of the starseed that is required. It's entirely possible that (this is my own theory and not canon, mind you) Galaxia's weapon severs the spiritual link between the star-seed and its host body, and THAT is why it causes the host body to slowly fade away.
I would think that the link would be formed when it reformed in the anime, but I seem to remember the SC just sitting on Usagi's dresser in some Eps in either season 1 or 2, but I can't remember if this is correct. I was hoping someone might know. What I'm trying to say is what happens to Usagi when the silver crystal is not in her broach or on a wand?

Interesting idea on how Galaxia's bracelets might work.
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby Seraphim » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:29 am

P.H. Wise wrote:From what I can tell, in the Anime, the physical presence of the Silver Crystal doesn't have any effect on her health. It's only when the crystal is actually destroyed that things go bad.

Heh. The absorption of the Ginzuishou was a theory of mine, unless someone else thought of it first, then the credit goes to them. But, great minds think alike eh?

Like Zwzn said, intersting theory on Galaxia's bracelets! :)
"No, I'll just sit here like a well behaved ritual sacrifice." - Gary, Good Night Sweetheart

My DevArt
My Aerie of Ramblings
Random Natterings of a Spazz (My Anime/Games/whatever Blog)
Seraphim
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Zwzn » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:18 pm

The problem is that it is only destroyed when someone makes a really big wish. We have a sort of wich came first the chicken or the egg. Did it break because it's user died, or did it break because to much power was forced in to it?

P.H. Wise wrote:Mind you, the Silver Moon Crystal (Usagi's starseed, which the Ginzuishou evolves into, whatever that means - maybe it's a kind of gestalt? Maybe her starseed absorbs the Ginzuishou) is something that Usagi can't do without, but that's true of all star-seeds and their bearers. It may not even be the physical presence of the starseed that is required.
The silver crystal is shown to be linked to all the Sol system senshi at least. The Sol system senshi power it even if they don't want to. In the R movie it even shows colored motes of light in the crystal because the inners are pumping in so much power. It never shows a pink light however.

P.H. Wise wrote:It's entirely possible that (this is my own theory and not canon, mind you) Galaxia's weapon severs the spiritual link between the star-seed and its host body, and THAT is why it causes the host body to slowly fade away.
I've always just thought that Galaxia was just mean and added a little something that destroyed the body. I mean a star seed isn't the person's soul in the anime at least. A person's soul in the anime is a pure heart crystal.

I guess there are just to many unknows to answer my question.
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby P.H. Wise » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:03 am

I've always just thought that Galaxia was just mean and added a little something that destroyed the body. I mean a star seed isn't the person's soul in the anime at least. A person's soul in the anime is a pure heart crystal.

Actually, that's not true. A pure heart crystal represents the purity of a person's pursuit of some task or goal. The purity of Umino's love for Naru forms a heart crystal. The purity of Usagi's love for Mamoru forms a heart crystal. The purity of Chibi-Usa's platonic love for Hotaru forms a heart crystal. The purity of Elsa Grey's dedication to the sport of running forms a heart crystal. The purity of Uranus and Neptune's pursuit of the Talismans (their dedication to the task and what not) forms a heart crystal in each of them. The purity of Minako's desire to HAVE a pure heart crystal forms a pure heart crystal in her, and so on.
P.H. Wise
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Comartemis » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:21 am

The purity of Chibi-Usa's platonic love for Hotaru forms a heart crystal.

Platonic, is it? :roll:

Depends on your interpretation I guess.
Currently Watching: Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu
Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Currently Reading: Sora no Otoshimono

KILL the darkfic. BURN the angst. PURGE the Bad End.
Comartemis
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby P.H. Wise » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:51 am

Comartemis wrote:Platonic, is it? :roll:

Until they're both legal, damn right it's platonic. :lol:
P.H. Wise
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Zwzn » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:16 pm

P.H. Wise wrote:Actually, that's not true. A pure heart crystal represents the purity of a person's pursuit of some task or goal. The purity of Umino's love for Naru forms a heart crystal. The purity of Usagi's love for Mamoru forms a heart crystal. The purity of Chibi-Usa's platonic love for Hotaru forms a heart crystal. The purity of Elsa Grey's dedication to the sport of running forms a heart crystal. The purity of Uranus and Neptune's pursuit of the Talismans (their dedication to the task and what not) forms a heart crystal in each of them. The purity of Minako's desire to HAVE a pure heart crystal forms a pure heart crystal in her, and so on.
All humans at least have a Heart Crystal.

Many poeple, but not everyone it seems has a Pure Heart Crystal. A person with a pure heart crystal seems to often be focused on one thing, and at many times this focus seems unhealthy.

At most two poeple are known to have a Ultra Pure Heart Crystal, or a Holy Grail. A ultra pure heart crystal is said to give it's owner limitless power.

A Daimon pod can replace a Heart Crystal, and all daimons can eat Heart Crystals.

A heart crystal gives off life energy, and contains a person's memories and personality. That sounds like a soul to me.
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby Zwzn » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:24 pm

The purity of Chibi-Usa's platonic love for Hotaru forms a heart crystal.

Comartemis wrote:Platonic, is it? :roll:

Hotaru thinks of Chibi-Usa as being cute like a doll, and Chibi-Usa has only shown to have the hots for males. There is her father(season 2 and likely any season after that), a alicorn(Helios), and an Elf(The superS movie). All three are males, but only one was human. Chibi-Usa has some rather naughty fetishes don't you think?

I'm not even sure Chibi loves in any way Hotaru anyway in the anime. Chibi sure was focused on forfilling the mission her mom gave her.
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Return to Specific Series: Sailor Moon