How powerful are the Senshi?

Discuss the Sailor Moon series in this forum.

How powerful are the Senshi?

Postby runnerz » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:21 am

Often times, in Ranma/Sailor Moon fics we seee Ranma as vastly more powerful than the senshi.But based on the anime and manga, how powerful would you say they really are in comparison with the world of Ranma 1/2.
Love is a battlefield. So is Sailor Moon. When Josh finishes Gunslinger Moon, then the battlefield will be bloody too.
runnerz
Senshi Cadet

Postby Heaven's Deamon » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:31 am

*winces a little* for one thing, there is already a "Sailor Moon (anime) Ranma 1/2 (manga) comparison" topic under misc. for another your topic title is a little misleading. the title itself only asks how powerful they are, where as your post asks specifically how powerful they are compared to Ranma. if that was the only refrence you wanted, it would have been better to include it in the topic title......
Heaven's Deamon
Moon Senshi

Postby Pale Wolf » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:22 am

The only sane answer is: 'However much you want.' Twitch things around as necessary for the story - they're different universes, created by different people, so it's not like these radically disparate characters are going to stack up against one another cleanly.
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

<Stratagemini> My Titanium Anus Armour will repel all challengers!

Would you believe this is one of the more tame bits of dirt I've got for him?
Pale Wolf
Fukufics Staffer

Re: How powerful are the Senshi?

Postby Seraphim » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:23 pm

runnerz wrote:Often times, in Ranma/Sailor Moon fics we seee Ranma as vastly more powerful than the senshi.But based on the anime and manga, how powerful would you say they really are in comparison with the world of Ranma 1/2.

Very much more poweful, in the manga especially. I haven't heard (or seen) Ranma destroying a fairly large multi-story(sp?) building and not being winded at all.
"No, I'll just sit here like a well behaved ritual sacrifice." - Gary, Good Night Sweetheart

My DevArt
My Aerie of Ramblings
Random Natterings of a Spazz (My Anime/Games/whatever Blog)
Seraphim
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Cheb » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:24 pm

SM manga and SM anime are *too different* to intermix casually. "However much you want" is really a best answer.
It is very hard to judge the SM power because the show *does not* focus on the technical details and is not ver consistent in that matter.
From what we see, though (anime), a suicidal all-out attack of th first-level Senshi (AFAIR, there are 5 powerlevels for them) does as much damage as a Perfect Shishi Hokou dan. So R/SM anime creaw are *approximately* on par.
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Climhazard » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:23 pm

Very much more poweful, in the manga especially.

Higly doubt that it a "very much more powerful". They roughly on par. But NWC clearly better fighters in term of skill. Plus NWC much better in term of whistand physical punishment, but in same time Senshi energy resistance far better that NWC's.
But back to point... They as powerful as you want it. If you want Ranma be more powerful, fine. Or you want a Ungodly :) powerfull Senshi? It all up to you.
- Carry the Emperor´s will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

- Even in death I still serve! (C) Dreadnought
Climhazard
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Seraphim » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:44 pm

Climhazard wrote:Higly doubt that it a "very much more powerful". They roughly on par.

Fair enough point. I didn't word that very well, did I? *laughs embarrassedly*
I agree that 1st/2nd season anime Senshi are roughly on par with Ranma, in energy output (slightly higher?), while Ranma is physically stronger/faster than the Senshi.
The manga Senshi are different kettle fish though.
EDIT: I like to go by canon feats the characters have done and go from there, in terms of compairing that it is.
"No, I'll just sit here like a well behaved ritual sacrifice." - Gary, Good Night Sweetheart

My DevArt
My Aerie of Ramblings
Seraphim
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Climhazard » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:52 pm

The manga Senshi are different kettle fish though.

Manga Senshi even can give Goku a workout... Although not very big one :).

Climhazard
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Seraphim » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:20 pm

Climhazard wrote:Manga Senshi even can give Goku a workout... Although not very big one :).

Manga Galaxia and Moon, could beat Goku.
It's shown in both the manga and the anime that Senshi can fly much, much, much faster than the speed of light, and even fight while doing that.
Considering manga Galaxia can completely vapourize planets with no charge time, while Goku has to charge up, but leaves big rocks left.....
Add to fact Manga Moon is stronger than Galaxia.... :shock:

My DevArt
My Aerie of Ramblings
Seraphim
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Climhazard » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:43 pm

Manga Galaxia and Moon, could beat Goku.

Debatable... Very debatable. Goku, after all, strongest fighter in Universum. His universum, of course, but still...
It's shown in both the manga and the anime that Senshi can fly much, much, much faster than the speed of light, and even fight while doing that.

And Goku can teleport from planet to planet.
Considering manga Galaxia can completely vapourize planets with no charge time, while Goku has to charge up, but leaves big rocks left.....

Um... For Z-fighters destroying a planet ridiculously easy task. Even a Piccolo with power-level 400 destroying Moon without any trouble.
But this all allready a off-topic. If you want to continue this dispute PM me :).

Climhazard
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby claymade » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:22 pm

Seraphim wrote:It's shown in both the manga and the anime that Senshi can fly much, much, much faster than the speed of light, and even fight while doing that.

Wow, they can do that in the anime? I'd heard things like that in the manga, but I didn't know that kind of thing showed up in the anime as well. Do you remember the episode offhand?
Seraphim wrote:I agree that 1st/2nd season anime Senshi are roughly on par with Ranma, in energy output (slightly higher?), while Ranma is physically stronger/faster than the Senshi.

Don't forget to factor Tuxy into that too. He has some pretty impressive speed/accuracy/blocking stuff of his own going on, with the way he swoops Moon out of the way of attacks, manages to block a whole storm of small energy blades with his cane, even beating Jupiter hand-to-hand, etc.
While in terms of raw power he's not up to the Senshi's level he seems to have significantly more speed/skill on his side. Which could make him a very deciding factor in any clashes with the NWC, as it might be now he, more than the Senshi, that is most ideally suited to handle the foes directly given the NWC's different nature.
An interesting reversal of his usual role, at least...
claymade
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Climhazard » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:33 pm

Which could make him a very deciding factor in any clashes with the NWC, as it might be now he, more than the Senshi, that is most ideally suited to handle the foes directly given the NWC's different nature.

Not sure on that... Maybe he can beat Akane, why, no matter what some people say, very good fighter. But i doubt that he can do something to Ranma or Ryoga. More so to Cologne or Happosai.

Climhazard
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Seraphim » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:45 pm

claymade wrote:Wow, they can do that in the anime? I'd heard things like that in the manga, but I didn't know that kind of thing showed up in the anime as well. Do you remember the episode offhand?

Episode 200, though only Galaxia, the Starlights and Kakyuu are shown doing it, it's probably an ability that all Senshi have.

My DevArt
My Aerie of Ramblings
Seraphim
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby claymade » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:34 am

Seraphim wrote:Episode 200, though only Galaxia, the Starlights and Kakyuu are shown doing it, it's probably an ability that all Senshi have.

Ah, gotcha--as implied by them flying off to their home planets, you mean? I, personally would take the view that there was a wormhole/hyper-jump/space-warp/tesseract technique implicitly used somewhere along the line there--for the sake of some token compliance to E=mc^2, as well as for power-balancing purposes.
More to the point, each of those five were known interstellar travellers just to get to Earth, so it makes sense that they would have arranged the equipment/techniques for said interstellar travel. But would that necessarily be a general Senshi thing?
If the main Senshi do have super-fast flight they don't seem to realize it, even as late as SuperS (else the death-by-falling danger at the end of that season would have made little sense). I suppose they could theoretically have it, but I'd personally prefer to see it in action before I credited them with the ability to have those kind of high-speed aerial dogfights.
claymade
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Zwzn » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:06 am

Seraphim wrote:Episode 200, though only Galaxia, the Starlights and Kakyuu are shown doing it, it's probably an ability that all Senshi have.

claymade wrote: Ah, gotcha--as implied by them flying off to their home planets, you mean? I, personally would take the view that there was a wormhole/hyper-jump/space-warp/tesseract technique implicitly used somewhere along the line there--for the sake of some token compliance to E=mc^2, as well as for power-balancing purposes.
More to the point, each of those five were known interstellar travellers just to get to Earth, so it makes sense that they would have arranged the equipment/techniques for said interstellar travel. But would that necessarily be a general Senshi thing?
If the main Senshi do have super-fast flight they don't seem to realize it, even as late as SuperS (else the death-by-falling danger at the end of that season would have made little sense). I suppose they could theoretically have it, but I'd personally prefer to see it in action before I credited them with the ability to have those kind of high-speed aerial dogfights.
The Sol system anime senshi are able to teleport. The five inners do it at least twice together, Saturn does it without transforming, and the outers do it in at least the SuperS movie. Coupled with their jumps there is little reason for them to need to fly let alone at FTL speeds.
Does anyone remember if Galaxia, the Starlights, and Kakyuu have actual bodies? If they where just Star seeds at the time they may have abilities and weaknesses they normally would not have had.
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Next

Return to Specific Series: Sailor Moon