Do they look related (Please critique)

Request, Submission, or Review of Fanart. Again "fukufic" content preferred but not necessary

Does my character look related to Heero Yuy

Yes
No votes
No
No votes

Total votes : 0

Do they look related (Please critique)

Postby LadyRelena » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:53 am

Here is a picture of what I think Heero Yuy's mother would look like. She's supposed to be a sleek beautiful Japanese woman with an edge to her. Anyway, I would like a critique on whether they actually look related, why or why not, and what you think I should change.

Also, for good measure here is his father.

Ranma/Shampoo, Ranma/Kurumi, Ryoga/Anna, and Ukyo/Ryuu
LadyRelena
Senshi Cadet

Re: Do they look related (Please critique)

Postby WG_Writer » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:54 am

Could work as appearances, although you should stick to brown eyes in either parent. Brown hair is not in the typical genome of someone of Japanese decent, but the same is true for blue eyes.

As far as relation if you are going anime style he should match his father more closely (Its a genetic trait that goes way back in human evolution, its that way to ensure that the child looks like the father for parentage thing.) Thus bring the father's looks back a bit.

Blue eyes are from Caucasian genome not Japanese, from what I have read. So switch the mother's eye color or she will seem less Japanese and will/does look to have either mixed ancestry or a genetic mutation somewhere.

If these are existing characters a simple yes will suffice here. :p
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Re: Do they look related (Please critique)

Postby Spica75 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:25 pm

Here is a picture of what I think Heero Yuy's mother would look like. She's supposed to be a sleek beautiful Japanese woman with an edge to her. Anyway, I would like a critique on whether they actually look related, why or why not, and what you think I should change.

The one thing i can see, is that both parents have less rounded eyes than him(both have very little rounding on the lower edge of their eyes), certainly not an impossibility, but if you want to accent the likeness, it might be something to look at.

Aside from that i´ll say that there´s probably enough likeness as it is.

Also, drawing or painting "family resemblance" is extremely hard when doing fictional characters where you don´t have anything to start with, so if you get anywhere close to what you think is good, then great, don´t sweat it too much.

#####

As far as relation if you are going anime style he should match his father more closely (Its a genetic trait that goes way back in human evolution, its that way to ensure that the child looks like the father for parentage thing.) Thus bring the father's looks back a bit.

That has long since been proven incorrect. It´s essentially wishful thinking mixed with pseudoscience.
http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic ... semblance/
A subsequent body of research, building over the years in the journal Evolution & Human Behavior, has delivered results in conflict with the 1995 paper, indicating that young children resemble both parents equally. Some studies have even found that newborns tend to resemble their mothers more than their fathers.

A more recent study in the same journal employed a larger set of photos than were used by either Christenfeld and Hill or Brédart and French in their studies and still concluded that most infants resemble both parents equally. "Our research, on a much larger sample of babies than Christenfeld and Hill's, shows that some babies resemble their father more, some babies resemble their mother more, and most babies resemble both parents to about the same extent," says Paola Bressan, a psychologist at the University of Padova in Italy who co-authored the 2004 study. Bressan added that, to the best of her knowledge, "no study has either replicated or supported" the 1995 finding that babies preferentially resemble their fathers.

http://www.parents.com/getting-pregnant ... aby-looks/
AB Poll: Whom does your baby look like? 63% of our readers said Dad and 37% said Mom.

The interesting part about that, is the fact that when tests were done with letting computer face matching software trying to compete, the end results always came up without the claimed "looks more like father". They either came up roughly equal, or around 1/3 each mom/dad/uncertain.

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-that-d ... -If-so-why
No, it's not true. Our appearances are the composite of many thousands of genes, and on average, half of those will have come from each parent. It's certainly possible for an individual to appear much more like one parent than another, but it would be due to chance; there is no known pattern of heritability of appearance causing one gender to look more like the opposite gender parent (or the same gender parent).

http://www.parenting.com/article/no-resemblance
Scientists used to think that infants tended to resemble their fathers more than their mothers as a kind of evolutionary safeguard. The idea was that a strong resemblance would ensure paternal devotion, since there could be no doubt as to who was the father. More recent research has squashed this notion, though evidently most of my children were destined to leave all traces of Mom behind in the womb.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Fan Art