Sailor Mau Revisited

Request, Submission, or Review of Fanart. Again "fukufic" content preferred but not necessary

Sailor Mau Revisited

Postby KonokoHasano » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:29 pm

So I just finished doing a redrawing of the Sailor Mau art I did way back in 2007 to see how I improved in regards to it.
Usagi-Hasano on Fanfiction.net
Senshi of Metis (Jupiter XVI)
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
User avatar
Crisis Power Senshi
Posts: 19604
 

Re: Sailor Mau Revisited

Postby Spica75 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:22 am

KonokoHasano wrote:So I just finished doing a redrawing of the Sailor Mau art I did way back in 2007 to see how I improved in regards to it.


You have improved quite noticeably i would say.
Spica75
User avatar
Moon Senshi
Posts: 1911
 

Re: Sailor Mau Revisited

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:15 am

Yes indeed, great improvement!
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
User avatar
Sailor Starlight
Posts: 1710
 

Re: Sailor Mau Revisited

Postby Dumbledork » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:50 am

Yep, much better. Now if only you would update some of your fics...
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
User avatar
Prism Power Senshi
Posts: 3333
 

Re: Sailor Mau Revisited

Postby KonokoHasano » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:35 am

Dumbledork wrote:Yep, much better. Now if only you would update some of your fics...

I'm going to be honest here. The main issue is that since it's been so long since working on them, I have no idea what I was honestly planning to do next in any of them. I've had interest here and there with getting back to them, but realize I don't have any idea about what to do next.

Wild Magic would be the easiest to figure out, however I kind of regret going about and making most of the Slayers cast reincarnated like implied

A Ralts in Moonlight would need a bunch of editing, especially since the Ralts line is now part Fairy type.

A Surviving Mau could probably use some editing to get rid of the Tokyo Mew Mew cross I was putting into it, because I don't know where I was going with that, and feel like I could do without that.

The others? I dunno
Usagi-Hasano on Fanfiction.net
Senshi of Metis (Jupiter XVI)
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
User avatar
Crisis Power Senshi
Posts: 19604
 

Re: Sailor Mau Revisited

Postby gsteemso » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:03 am

Well dern. I’ve been waiting with bruised hope for an update to “Take the Green and Go” for nearly eight years now. Of course, I am in no position whatsoever to complain, but… Imagine a sad face here. :@\
The world’s only gsteemso
gsteemso
User avatar
Senshi Cadet
Posts: 150
 

Re: Sailor Mau Revisited

Postby Cheb » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:35 am

After watching a bald species kitten I realized that people draw the "fuzzy catlike hands" wrong.
Cat's hand isn't that different from human's in that fingers themselves are quite thin and are normally packed densely together. The difference is fuzziness.
You should draw not a hand of thick fingers but a normal human hand with a thick fur outline, not completely unlike a mitten. When two fingers are held together, their fur simply overlaps, in rendering terms.
And only when fingers are splayed their separate thickness becomes apparent.
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
User avatar
Moon Senshi
Posts: 1386
 

Re: Sailor Mau Revisited

Postby ckosacranoid » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:35 pm

nice update on your pic. much better then before if nothing else they are standing apart and detail can be seen better along with the cat. before they where oover lapping and hard to make out.
as for fic updating......please, please, please...............start with sailor mau since the pic is giving you an excuse to do some work......
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi
Posts: 366
 

Re: Sailor Mau Revisited

Postby KonokoHasano » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:11 pm

Cheb wrote:After watching a bald species kitten I realized that people draw the "fuzzy catlike hands" wrong.
Cat's hand isn't that different from human's in that fingers themselves are quite thin and are normally packed densely together. The difference is fuzziness.
You should draw not a hand of thick fingers but a normal human hand with a thick fur outline, not completely unlike a mitten. When two fingers are held together, their fur simply overlaps, in rendering terms.
And only when fingers are splayed their separate thickness becomes apparent.

Yeah, I actually noticed that a little after redoing this drawing. I saw some cat paws and was like 'huh... interesting'. It's something I'll have to keep in mind.

gsteemso wrote:Well dern. I’ve been waiting with bruised hope for an update to “Take the Green and Go” for nearly eight years now. Of course, I am in no position whatsoever to complain, but… Imagine a sad face here. :@\

Sorry about making you wait for so long, gsteemso. I admit, I probably should have written the ideas I had for the stories down so I'd remember them instead of just relying on my memory. I really would like to revisit the stories again in some way, but I'm unsure of just how to continue.

ckosacranoid wrote:nice update on your pic. much better then before if nothing else they are standing apart and detail can be seen better along with the cat. before they where oover lapping and hard to make out.
as for fic updating......please, please, please...............start with sailor mau since the pic is giving you an excuse to do some work......

Before I could even begin to work on Sailor Mau, I'd have to figure out just what I was going to do.
Usagi-Hasano on Fanfiction.net
Senshi of Metis (Jupiter XVI)
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
User avatar
Crisis Power Senshi
Posts: 19604
 


Return to Fan Art

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users