[R.5/SM] Strained Harmony: Setsuna and Ranma

Request, Submission, or Review of Fanart. Again "fukufic" content preferred but not necessary

[R.5/SM] Strained Harmony: Setsuna and Ranma

Postby Sunshine Temple » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:42 pm

So it's not quite the full Setsuna, Hotaru, and Ranma pic I had originally planed back in early winter.

But it does have Setsuna and Ranma... set in about late chapter 7 or so. (Least that'll answer the question of roughly how far Ranma will go..)

http://sunny-temple.deviantart.com/art/ ... -524695467

Composition of the picture comes from a B&W setsuna partial body shot that Pat did, and a few different gown models that I put together for Ranma. I then came in and added the missing bits and did the linework, and coloring, and shading.

Oh, and I suppose it's an early Easter surprise (Or not, if one doesn't like the way the story's gone).

Thanks to DCG, Ikarus, ToxinVictoria, Milanda Anza, and Mahou Sensou for all their critiques and comments.

And special thanks to J. St.C. Patrick for giving me many, many tips and bits of advice. Especially on Setsuna's arms, and by prodding me to put more work into Ranma's hair.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Re: [R.5/SM] Strained Harmony: Setsuna and Ranma

Postby Té Rowan » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:48 am

Was hoping Ranma would keep in practice, but “that’s the way the chimney smokes, Pope Goestheveezl”
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:00 am

That's not Ranma -- though I suppose that has been one of the threads of this story, so it doesn't count as heavily. Nabiki sure as hell won't recognize her.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Sunshine Temple » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:25 pm

Té Rowan

Was hoping Ranma would keep in practice, but “that’s the way the chimney smokes, Pope Goestheveezl”

[Aye, this has been building for a while in the story.

Ellen Kuhfeld

That's not Ranma -- though I suppose that has been one of the threads of this story, so it doesn't count as heavily. Nabiki sure as hell won't recognize her.

[Indeed. This picture is oh... about two and a half to three years into the story.
[Which is longer than she's live in Nerima.

[And amusingly having a disguise that Nabiki wouldn't recognize was what started Ranma down this road.

[Thanks for commenting both of you!

[I know this isn't necessarily your cup of tea, but I really appreciate it.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby ckosacranoid » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:32 pm

I have to say one thing sunny, but what the heck hit ranma? That just seems to way to big for anyone. That is just totaly obease type of body. I know you always said she gained some weight and grew up some. But that just reminds me of most older middle aged black women for size, not a teen age girl from japan. The outfits are nice, but the body is just way to wrong. Sets looks nice though.
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:02 pm

ckosacranoid

I have to say one thing sunny, but what the heck hit ranma? That just seems to way to big for anyone. That is just totaly obease type of body. I know you always said she gained some weight and grew up some. But that just reminds me of most older middle aged black women for size, not a teen age girl from japan. The outfits are nice, but the body is just way to wrong. Sets looks nice though.

[Actually funny thing, the model I used as my primary reference for this pic is a young Japanese woman.

[A minor (I think) Seiyu, cosplayer, and party organizer named Mika Hoshima.

http://dekkappai.blogspot.ca/2014/08/14 ... e178415321
[Warning while the page that link goes to is worksafe (cleavage aside), other pages on that site might not be.
[And apologies for the link itself but most of her other pages aren't in English.

[Also if you haven't guessed Mika is exceptionally well endowed and has a very... generous figure.

[Now the argument of if Ranma would ever get this big (the far end of the bellcurve) is quite valid.

[It also amused me that she and Ranma share a few hobbies.

[Glad that you enjoyed the outfits though.

[Thanks for commenting.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby HopeSeiketsu » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:31 am

Just gotta say that I can NOT see that EVER happening if only for the fact that Ranma takes pride in her body and once ANYONE pointed out that she was fat she would take IMMEDIATE steps to fix that problem. Plus giving up the art completely is just something I can not see happening with out being paralyzed from waist down minimum. I often really enjoy your stories from the beginning to the middle but can't stand them by the end. I believe you OC from your Princess Rose story put it best when she asked her cousin(?) "Rose" if she was talking to her cousin Ranma or just someone who looked similar and had HIS memories.

That being said, don't let it discourage you, and keep writing because I truely enjoy your stories... Up to a point anyway. And you are a excellent writer but when you get to a certain point Ranma stops being Ranma ya know. That is all.

Though the drawing is very well done, so long as you look at it as setsuna and an OC. You really are a very talented artist and author. Just not my cup of tea after a certain point is all. Though the journey to that point is always enjoyable. And as the saying goes It's not the destination that's important,but the journey to get there.
HopeSeiketsu
Senshi Cadet

Postby Sunshine Temple » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:41 pm

HopeSeiketsu
Just gotta say that I can NOT see that EVER happening if only for the fact that Ranma takes pride in her body and once ANYONE pointed out that she was fat she would take IMMEDIATE steps to fix that problem. Plus giving up the art completely is just something I can not see happening with out being paralyzed from waist down minimum. I often really enjoy your stories from the beginning to the middle but can't stand them by the end. I believe you OC from your Princess Rose story put it best when she asked her cousin(?) "Rose" if she was talking to her cousin Ranma or just someone who looked similar and had HIS memories.

[Good example.
[And I'll admit that you're not the first peson to point out both the bit of the end and thinking of Ranma like that.

That being said, don't let it discourage you, and keep writing because I truely enjoy your stories... Up to a point anyway. And you are a excellent writer but when you get to a certain point Ranma stops being Ranma ya know. That is all.

[Thanks! And glad you like my stories (up to a point ;p)
[And yeah... pushing the envelop on when Ranma stops being Ranma (and then jumping off) is a repeated thing in my stories.

Though the drawing is very well done, so long as you look at it as setsuna and an OC. You really are a very talented artist and author. Just not my cup of tea after a certain point is all. Though the journey to that point is always enjoyable. And as the saying goes It's not the destination that's important,but the journey to get there.

[Thank you so much.

[I'm glad you liked it from the artistic standpoint
[I got some good help and am rather pleased with it on a technical standpoint
[For example this is the first time I ever really got her hair done the way I thought it would look.

[Thanks again for commenting.

[And appologies that my reply took so long.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Return to Fan Art