[R.5/SM] Strained Harmony: Bunny-maid!

Request, Submission, or Review of Fanart. Again "fukufic" content preferred but not necessary

Re: [R.5/SM] Strained Harmony: Bunny-maid!

Postby Dumbledork » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:51 am

Spica75 wrote:I´ll just have to ask this Sunny, while your drawing skill is good, i wonder if you truly realise just how many kg you added to "Ranma" in that pic?
To reach that pic, s/he has probably increased in weight to somewhere between double and triple her original. Maybe more considering she´s usually somewhat on the thin side.
Trying to compare with real people, my guesstimate puts her at 120-150kg.

Akane would run circles around him without even trying. Akanes friends at school would run circles around him.

I agree.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:43 pm

Spica75 wrote:I´ll just have to ask this Sunny, while your drawing skill is good, i wonder if you truly realise just how many kg you added to "Ranma" in that pic?
To reach that pic, s/he has probably increased in weight to somewhere between double and triple her original. Maybe more considering she´s usually somewhat on the thin side.
Trying to compare with real people, my guesstimate puts her at 120-150kg.

That's overestimating. She's definitely zaftig in that picture -- but she's short. I know a woman who's perhaps a bit taller, and a bit heavier, than that picture. She's about 85 kg. I'm taller, and heavier than I ought to be, and I still don't come close to 120. And that's total weight, not increase from base weight.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Spica75 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:14 pm

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:That's overestimating. She's definitely zaftig in that picture -- but she's short. I know a woman who's perhaps a bit taller, and a bit heavier, than that picture. She's about 85 kg. I'm taller, and heavier than I ought to be, and I still don't come close to 120. And that's total weight, not increase from base weight.

"zaftig" :mrgreen: Switch the z to a s and from Swedish that translates as juicy.

Anyway, my cousins wife because of hormonal problem was about 115kg, and she´s actually shorter than what i recall she-Ranma is, and she only partially looked anywhere near similar, legs and arms she´s much thinner(or rather, she has muscles but not a whole lot of fat), because of having a healthcare job where she lifts a lot(a lot of people that is).

And then there´s the closest i can think of in height, someone my brother knows, and she´s at ~120kg or a bit higher while looking THINNER except at the waist.

The actress chosen for Ranma in the live tv is 165cm. And i can also compare with myself, i´m a good bit taller sure(though at the same time, not THAT much), but i also don´t really look overweight, and i´m still already at 95kg. If i looked like in the picture i would probably be above 140kg at least. Probably well above.

I think you need to recall that this is a person who is supposed to until recently have been in excellent shape and have lots of muscles. And musclemass is noticeable heavier per volume than fat.

Your point is taken, but i don´t think i´m exaggerating.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:51 pm

Coincidentally, I was 85Kg the last time I weighed myself. I'm 6'1", don't have much in the way of muscle, and have some extra fat around the belly.

Just thought I'd contribute something unhelpful. :)
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:19 pm

Crescent Pulsar S wrote:Coincidentally, I was 85Kg the last time I weighed myself. I'm 6'1", don't have much in the way of muscle, and have some extra fat around the belly.

Just thought I'd contribute something unhelpful. :)

You lightweight you!
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:35 pm

I dunno about that. I don't know what kind of frame my body has, but I'd supposedly be at the upper end of having an ideal weight if my frame were large. For the medium and small frames, I'd be a bit overweight.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:14 pm

Spica75 that's actually a very good point. I didn't think I added that much kg to her.
Admittedly yes, I added a lot, but I didn't think triple or double. I wasn't going for triple kg.

Hmm, now Dumbledork is seeing it the way you are, but Ellen has a different view.

Ellen Kuhfeld
That's overestimating. She's definitely zaftig in that picture -- but she's short. I know a woman who's perhaps a bit taller, and a bit heavier, than that picture. She's about 85 kg. I'm taller, and heavier than I ought to be, and I still don't come close to 120. And that's total weight, not increase from base weight.

Yeah, this is more what I was thinking with Ellen's views. And I think I had that Ranma at a bit under 70 kg. Which yes is a *lot*, but not as much as you're seeing Spica.

But I can see the concerns you and Dumbledork have. Now what may help is what do you think of Acey's original drawing? As she drew that one with a Ranma who had gained at most a few kilos. (As you'll note I also thought she was drawn too tall).

How overweight do you see that Ranma as?

Spica that's interesting. As I thought Ranma was around mid fifties kilo in the canon.

Well your muscle mass point would have Ranma actually be heavier than she'd look. Probably not enough to make a difference though.

Interesting Cressie and yeah the frames may make a difference.

Okay, that's interesting. I can see where Spica and Dumbledork are going with how she looks, but Ellen's read is more of my intent: zaftig and Rubensesque.

It might not help that there's no scale for how tall Ranma is. Though given I admit that she's gained a fair bit of weight, maybe this is all dancing on the head of a pin.

Thanks for commenting. It's good that we're back on track. Again sorry for the diversion.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:19 pm

Personally, I'm only concerned about there being a good enough explanation for the degree of weight gain, and I'm not sure if I've seen one (due to memory, perhaps). I know that plenty of people portray/perceive Ranma as a big consumer of food, probably thanks to the anime (and/or fanon), but that may be a bit of a stretch since it may just be due to eating when the eating's good, as a result of food access/supplies often being less than ideal, rather than it being a true case of gluttony.

I could accept that it adds to the disguise, but I don't recall the weight gain being intentional toward that purpose. I could also accept Ranma not minding it because Hotaru likes it, but that's kind of after the fact. I'd feel better if I knew (or was reminded?) why Ranma doesn't seem to mind the weight gain.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:38 pm

Crescent Pulsar S
Personally, I'm only concerned about there being a good enough explanation for the degree of weight gain, and I'm not sure if I've seen one (due to memory, perhaps). I know that plenty of people portray/perceive Ranma as a big consumer of food, probably thanks to the anime (and/or fanon), but that may be a bit of a stretch since it may just be due to eating when the eating's good, as a result of food access/supplies often being less than ideal, rather than it being a true case of gluttony.

[Well this story definitely has her indulging in her eating habits.
[And has Setsuna encouraging it.

[Also her increase in size has been noted and crept up over the course of months/years and chapters.

I could accept that it adds to the disguise, but I don't recall the weight gain being intentional toward that purpose. I could also accept Ranma not minding it because Hotaru likes it, but that's kind of after the fact. I'd feel better if I knew (or was reminded?) why Ranma doesn't seem to mind the weight gain.

[It wasn't intentional to the disguise.
[And yes Ranma did like that Hotaru likes it (which yes was after the fact)

[In the most recent chapter there was a scene where Kasumi did confront Ranma about the weight gain. And she pointed that stuff out to Ranma. That might be more what you're looking for.

[Thanks for commenting. Hope that helps!
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:02 pm

I'll have to check that chapter out, then. I'm a chapter behind, I think, since I've been busy writing lately, if not distracted by other things.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:04 pm

I'll have to check that chapter out, then. I'm a chapter behind, I think, since I've been busy writing lately, if not distracted by other things.

[Ah! Then that latest chapter might have just what you were looking for.

[Here's hoping!
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Spica75 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:15 am

Sunshine wrote:Yeah, this is more what I was thinking with Ellen's views. And I think I had that Ranma at a bit under 70 kg. Which yes is a *lot*, but not as much as you're seeing Spica.

But I can see the concerns you and Dumbledork have. Now what may help is what do you think of Acey's original drawing? As she drew that one with a Ranma who had gained at most a few kilos. (As you'll note I also thought she was drawn too tall).

How overweight do you see that Ranma as?

Spica that's interesting. As I thought Ranma was around mid fifties kilo in the canon.

About canon, yes i would also put male Ranma at mid 50s and female at low 50s or high 40s as she tends towards thinner than male. And like i said, the actress picked as female Ranma was 165cm.

Aceys pic makes her look a lot more "reasonable", but is definitely not just "a few kilos". Sure i might compare with pictures that are on the low end, but in that pic i would think she´s somewhere in the high 70s to mid 90s.

She certainly looks more "plump" than me, and if i drop a dm worth of weight, somewhere in the 80s is where i end up with as likely.

And yes the difference in proportions/height is definitely messing things up a bit extra and making it harder to guesstimate.

Heard of the basic rule? For every extra cm around the waist, you can assume +1kg, and that´s for low to average fitness people, for high fitness people it´s usually more(because high fitness means the body will store fat around all wellused muscles, ie more evenly and less noticeably).

And there´s a lot of cm added to the waistline in both pics.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:01 pm

Maybe Ranma is like Genma. Muscles that look like fat, because honestly, the way she looks in that picture reminds me of Genma.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:24 pm

Dumbledork wrote:Maybe Ranma is like Genma. Muscles that look like fat, because honestly, the way she looks in that picture reminds me of Genma.

Not nearly bald enough.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Sunshine Temple » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:28 pm

Spica75

Interesting that definitely answers that question.

See my looking on Acey's fiew is that there wasn't that much cm added to her. I mean Ranma's slight but she's not exactly wasp-waisted and Acey's pic still has her waist pinching in despite the dress and apron being fluffy.

But if one already assumes that the original Acey pic represents like 20 to 40kg of mass...
And that seems very... high to me. Then again I don't see the Acey pic as being plump either.

Interestingly you put the original Acey picture in a weight band (70 to 90kg), and meanwhile I shifted that same picture with the intent of representing a ~70kg weight. Definitely a gap on intent versus result.

And really, what I should have done was scale the two pictures so that they were at the same height. That might have helped. It also can't help that the maid outfit and apron don't give an accurate idea on body shape (shoulder puffs, fluffy skirt, ruffled out apron. They all exaggerate her... but even taking that into account... she *is* heavier.)

Well Dumbledork, Ranma *is* Genmma's child. So being reminded of him isn't that out of place. Maybe it's the chin-line.

Heh, good point Ellen. It's probably a good thing that Nanny Ranma's got all that extra hair to offset it.

Good points all.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Art