[R.5/SM] Strained Harmony: Bunny-maid!

Request, Submission, or Review of Fanart. Again "fukufic" content preferred but not necessary

Re: [R.5/SM] Strained Harmony: Bunny-maid!

Postby ckosacranoid » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:04 am

Sunny, please take this more in the vain trying to help then being mean.
Aceys pic seems a bit ok, but the way you have talked about ranma is she gained height from growing up in height, next she would also fill out more in curves since she spent lots of time in female form. The next couple of things to remember is ranma works out quite abit, not sure as much as she did, still enough to keep in good shape. I think meybe everone kinda forgot about that.
Now from the pic point of veiw, aceys pic is a bit heavy, ok can deal with that and it would work. Though the uniform drawning seems to make ranma look like a cheap hooker in stead of a sexy outfit. Just my thoughts. Meybe cleaning the lines to work with the body might make it look better then the cheap hooker look. I will go back and double check later to refreash my look.
The added mourf you did not bothering to talk about hair, you turned ranma into a beached whale who looks to be somwhere in the 300+ pound size which is not good. I know everyone has talked about this, but I think meybe somewhere closer to acey might be what you might want. I will try to find some pics tommor to post for ideas that might work for the two extreams to kinda help everyone get onto the same genral idea. I think some of the issues is just the way her outfit looks also which kinda thowrs everything off a bit. Its both ideas are good to get an idea what ranma looks like, but both shots kinda fall avlittle short.
As I said, just exressing what I think is wrong and ways to try to fix the issue.
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:57 am

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "fill out more in curves since she spent lots of time in female form", as the female form wouldn't get curvier due to her being in it more. It would get curvier with more weight (both muscle and fat).

And in the story I did try to keep in mind, and mention, that she was growing stronger so her musculature was increasing as well.

As for the cheap hooker... yeah... I'll confess this isn't an outfit that Ranma would normally wear in this story. That said, since Setsuna buys all of Ranma's clothes, I'm guessing Setsuna picked this out and not as an official uniform.

However, I think you have a very good point as the outfit does throw things off. Not just in it's style, but the fluffy skirt, ruffled apron, puffy shoulders and the like make it hard to get a gauge of just what size Ranma is.

But maybe this will help some. But I was working on this last night.
http://sunny-temple.deviantart.com/art/ ... -492637422

It has the two images that you all have already seen. Plus one between Acey's original and the big nanny, and then one that's thinner than Acey's original.

Now just based on that I'm not sure the 4th image is 300lbs / 140 kg. But that's mostly based on me expecting her stomach to be much bigger if so. And while it looks like I was low-balling the growth of Acey's pic, I'm still not sure going from 1 to 2 is more than ~7 kg (maybe 10 kg).

But again, we're seeing some very different views on how much is added between each image.

Thanks for commenting! I'll be very interested to see what you come up with. That will help iron things out.

(I was originally going to apologize for the "brief reply" written in the morning before work but... )
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Spica75 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:44 am

And while it looks like I was low-balling the growth of Acey's pic, I'm still not sure going from 1 to 2 is more than ~7 kg (maybe 10 kg).

Waistline increase is around 20% in one dimension, leg size over 25%. But to get an estimate on weight, we have to take into account that the increase is in TWO dimensions(since height doesn´t change, it´s not 3 dimensions).

If we say original weight is 55kg(first pic looks slightly heavier than common manga/anime), and only look at a straight increase in a single dimension, that would still be OVER 10kg already. Since we´re not looking at square people though, the increase isnt straight, but doing a 20% 1D increase with a roughly round object still comes out as a 40% increase in 2D.

And suddenly those 55kg that the leftmost pic might be starting with(if we assume that´s what it is), the 2nd pic would be at around 80kg.

Now, the increase from first to last pic is about 50%. For 2D that becomes around >125% increase.

Which ends up with an approximation of 125kg for the rightmost pic. Taking into account the increase in heavier bonemass needed and a few decimals i dropped for quick counting, we then end up at roughly 130kg. :mrgreen:

I´m actually surprised myself that my earlier guesstimate ended up so right on where i now instead used size measuring and actual calculations from equal scale pictures.

Still, obviously these kinds of calculations can only be rough estimates, a 10% variance either way is well within the possible. Although if Ranma is supposed to still work out and be in shape, any additional variance will definitely be in the UP direction rather than down.

Oh and i also didn´t try to account for the fact that legs are more oval than round, and that they´re at their "thinnest" towards front. Though the fact that heads doesn´t scale and that bodyshape is more sideways oval should mostly make up for that.

Again, i´m just doing these calculations quick n dirty, so they are by definition NOT reliable or exact, but they should still give you some hints.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:13 am

Why do you even want Ranma to gain so much weight? Do you have a thing for 'big' girls or is there an important story-related reason?
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:48 am

After looking at the pictures, I'd say 'Soft Bunny' could be around 200 pounds. That's about 91 kg. Unless she has grown considerably taller, I just don't see that as over 100 kg. 130 kg is 286 pounds. If we look at Wikipedia,

There is also an International Sumo Federation, which encourages the sport's development worldwide, including holding international championships. A key aim of the federation is to have Sumo recognized as an Olympic sport. Accordingly, amateur tournaments are divided into weight classes (men: Lightweight up to 85 kg (187 lb), Middleweight up to 115 kg (254 lb), Heavyweight over 115 kg (254 lb), and Open Weight [unrestricted entry]), and include competitions for female wrestlers (Lightweight up to 65 kg (143 lb), Middleweight up to 80 kg (180 lb), Heavyweight over 80 kg (180 lb), and Open Weight).

Anything Goes isn't Sumo, but look at the weight classes: heavyweight men over 115kg, and heavyweight women over 80 kg. Soft Bunny might be at the lower end of heavyweight female sumo, but that is only 80 kg and up. We are dealing with Japanese bodies here, and they aren't nearly as tall as us Nordic folk. By the square/cube law, they weigh less for the same body shape.

I do think - Rubensesque or zaftig though she may be - Soft Bunny could stand to lose some weight. Otherwise she will look way disproportionate among the other Senshi.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Sunshine Temple » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:45 pm

Spica75, very interesting work. I agree with your methods. It's rough but it gives a good idea.

However.... I think the percentages you're getting are off. At the very least they're not matching what I get when I scale these pictures.

For example, scaling up the first image to the second (Acey's original) takes only 5% width increase. So I'm not sure where you're getting 55kg to 80kg from picture 1 to picture 2. That's an increase of 45%

Using you method, the 5% I found is a 10% increase in mass, so that's about 60.5 kg. Which is about what I thinking for that Acey pic. Noticeable weight gain, but not extreme. A few kilos in other words.

(And by my readings I have Acey's (pic 2) to the Big Bunny (pic 4) is a 20% for waist and a 15% increase for the legs)

And from the First to the Last I get a waist increase of 30%

All these measurements were taken from the raw psd files and me simply doing a horizontal scale to match waistline to waistline (or thigh to thigh)

So for my numbers that's... a 70% increase in mass.

Which yields 92kg for the 4th pic. Which *is* heavier than I expected. But not quite to the level you calculated. And you are correct that if she has denser bones and is more muscular (which she is) then she would be heavier than that.

So yeah... she'd be under triple digits, but not by much Huh. Big Bunny Nanny.

+++

Another reason why I'm not so sure about the weights you've calculated:

My thinking is this, a girl that's around 150cm (under 5ft) who weights 80 kg (180lbs) would have more curve and a gut and bigger thighs than that second pic.

Going from 1 to 2 doesn't seem like it'd be over 20kg.

Similarly girl that's around 150cm (under 5ft) who weights 130 kg (290 lbs) should really have more of a gut and much bigger hips. Don't get me wrong the 4th pic is a big girl, but I'm not sure she's 80kg bigger.

I agree with your down and dirty math.

I'm just not sure your scales are correct.

Thanks though! I think you've got a solid method, and I can see where you're coming from. ANd one could easily make the argument that Ranma creeping up on doubling her mass *is* excessive.

++++++

Dumbledork

Why do you even want Ranma to gain so much weight? Do you have a thing for 'big' girls or is there an important story-related reason?

Yes, that's the main reason, it is a big part of the story. Ranma indulging in excess and "softening" to her new life are major parts of the story. Just look at how integral food has been with major events of trust, acceptance, and love.

As is her changing to be Hotaru's nanny and eventually Setsuna's fiance and then Hotaru's mother and Setsuna's wife. And again, food (to perhaps the excess) has been a major part of all those events.

And Ranma being able to be *comfortable* and feel safe is a huge part of it. There's also distancing herself from her old life (though the hair is a bigger part of that really).

Not to mention that Hotaru likes her as a softer more maternal figure. And a stronger, larger protector. Note how Ranma got her powers and that her strength has been increasing more than even for Ranma.

And as alluded to with Hotaru's interest there is a sinister aspect to how Ranma's changing and becoming "big bunny". There's been foreshadowing with that, with regards to Hotaru's dreams, and the plans of a certain Countess.

That all said, I won't deny that I do like the aesthetics of a larger, softer Ranma. So yes, I do like big girls. I also like small girls. Note that in Windborne, Fairy Ranma is tiny. And then there's Return where Ranma is a shapeshifter and can alter her height and figure at will, but mostly does the lean, almost predatory sharp succubus mommy.

Also amusingly Gen Lost has plans (that have only started) of Princess rose going with a more modest figure. Yes, that means a smaller chest for her. (And Ranma Rose's reason to go for a more modest figure was that she wanted a more demure aspect).

And that ties into the 3rd reason. To be honest? As far as I know there aren't any stories that has Ranma-chan getting heavier. Maybe there's some lemons. So this novelty also amuses me. So trying to have a story where Ranma becomes Rubensesque and zaftig is interesting for that reason too.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Ellen Kuhfeld

After looking at the pictures, I'd say 'Soft Bunny' could be around 200 pounds. That's about 91 kg. Unless she has grown considerably taller, I just don't see that as over 100 kg. 130 kg is 286 pounds. If we look at Wikipedia,

Agreed. And that's pretty close to the numbers I came up with. And really good point on the sumo weight classes. Which helps visualize the "class" of Soft Bunny.

I do think - Rubensesque or zaftig though she may be - Soft Bunny could stand to lose some weight. Otherwise she will look way disproportionate among the other Senshi.

Heh. Well that's also the problem as Naoko drew the Senshi as spindly-long-limbed willows. But you raise a good point that her Hestia Seifuku would need some modifications.

Ideally I should work on a trio pic of Hestia, Saturn, and Pluto. As that would give good height scales between the three.

Thanks for the comments everyone!
I think we're getting clearer on sizes and all.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Spica75 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:03 am

However.... I think the percentages you're getting are off. At the very least they're not matching what I get when I scale these pictures.

Well, how i did it was simply by measuring onscreen, something close to this is what i used, to minimize errors:
http://www.verktygshopen.se/public/img/ ... 573802.jpg
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:55 am

Spica75 wrote:Well, how i did it was simply by measuring onscreen, something close to this is what i used, to minimize errors:
http://www.verktygshopen.se/public/img/ ... 573802.jpg

Huh. That's quite confusing then. As my method was taking the source image and in Photoshop scaling Leftmost one's waist (or thighs) until it was the same size as the other image. That should give the same result as your method.

But instead I got 5% going from Image 1 to Image 2. And why I really can't see a 20% on 1 to 2. I mean that's a full fifth.

How strange.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby ckosacranoid » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:30 pm

Admin edit
Warning the below images contain nude figures. Not Safe For Work.
/Admin

http://cyberphoto001.deviantart.com/art ... -390063816

http://csp-media.deviantart.com/art/Bea ... -319645778

http://csp-media.deviantart.com/art/Bea ... -294056037

http://chamberstock.deviantart.com/art/ ... -104224108

http://shaluski.deviantart.com/art/Carl ... -103357964

http://chamberstock.deviantart.com/art/ ... -114867941

http://cosplaydeviants.deviantart.com/a ... -410886021

http://cosplaydeviants.deviantart.com/a ... -414387345

http://cosplaydeviants.deviantart.com/a ... -370429412

http://cosplaydeviants.deviantart.com/a ... -359480198

http://cosplaydeviants.deviantart.com/a ... -315067832

i went though deviant art tonight and posted links to different types of bodies like i said i would, if for some reason anyone is offened or its wrong, please deleted this tread then. i was aiming this more to help then do anything bad. i do hope this might help a bit, but i get the feeling its going to come back to explode in my face for some reason.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:33 am

"mature content filter"... Sheesh i hate those things.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:51 am

Admin: I'll have to be quick, but ckosacranoid you could have been a bit more explicit that you were linking to reference nudes. I'll add a little edit to the start.

Sunny Don't have time just this second, but thanks for the links they do cover a good suite of body shapes.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Té Rowan » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:39 am

You folk do know that these images are all filtered at the source so one has to be logged onto the 'Tart to see them?
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:00 pm

I'm aware of it. But there's no harm in putting up a warning anyway. Especially as that's forum policy.

As for the pictures themselves. They do run a good gambit. The Velma one is probably closest to Strained Harmony Ranma. And the Wasp/Fairy one is rather Strained Harmony in height and overall size (save for bustline).
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby ckosacranoid » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:41 am

Sorry about that sunny, thats why I made the comments I did. Was not sure if the links would get in trouble or not so I worded things the way I did. Your welcome sunny in that I do hope you get some ideas and it was my way of helping to make the storys better with goodcart to go with it.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:49 am

I think it worked out fine.

And thanks for the images! I do have a few ideas with them. First off I might be able to use that "Velma" one as a guide for an idea I've been thinking of: Hestia, Saturn, and Pluto. That would also help showcase the different heights of the three. (The nude with a scarf might make a good Setsuna proportions-wise)
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Art