Mondu's random fanart v 2013

Request, Submission, or Review of Fanart. Again "fukufic" content preferred but not necessary

Re: Mondu's random fanart v 2013

Postby mondu_the_fat » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:10 pm

I'm having trouble with the rigging.

It isn't insurmountable (like the hair I mentioned a few posts back). Just extremely hair-pullingly tedious.

(ribbon was taken off another model)

Didn't bother making buttons because the vest would cover it anyway.
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:34 pm

"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:41 pm

Skirt and sleeves and bow look good.

Not sure of the blouse part is right. Looks like of like the person is leaning back.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby lwf58 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:55 pm

The top of the skirt is supposed to fit up at the bottom of her rib cage instead of her waist? That's where it looks like it begins, anyway.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Spica75 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:15 am

Mmm, blouse definitely looks weird. Like Sunshine said, as if the person is leaning backwards rather awkwardly or something.

Or if stretching it slightly, possibly has had a species malfunction and is currently equipped with 2 sets of tits.

My guess is that the waist, or possibly between the waist and the chest, needs a bit slimming... And Lwf58 might have a point about the skirt sitting high, but that could be a matter of an optical illusion messing with the scale impression.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:15 pm

@sunny: yeah, the base body I'm making this for is slightly leaning back.

@lwf: you're right, the skirt is too high. Correcting.

@spica: I was trying to make the shirt bunch up a bit over the waistband of the skirt. Since I'm going to make vest over it, might as well remove that detail since it won't be seen anyway.

So...

Also, lengthened the skirt a bit.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:19 pm

mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:45 pm

Added buttons and bloused out the shirt more?

Different bow?
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby mondu_the_fat » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:12 pm

Same blouse and ribbons. Vest added, although its kinda hard to see in that pic.

mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:13 am

Ahhh. Yeah it is a bit hard to see. The vest looks good and with a contrasting color would be more visible.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby lwf58 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:04 am

While the vest looks fine by itself, on the model the arm holes look too small. On a real person, they'd be chafing the person's armpits. It doesn't look that way now, but I'm imagining what would happen when the arms and shoulders were hanging in a normal, relaxed posture instead of being raised.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby mondu_the_fat » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:04 am

redid the shoes, loosened the vest a bit and added some flaring, smaller arm poofs, some basic colors to see it better. What's missing: the underskirt (I seem to have lost the file), the scabbards, and the hair.

Incidentally, while this is ging to pass as generic fanart for Youmu Konpaku, this is supposed to be fanart for On the Boundary of Light and Shadow. As such, she'll be wearing a ninja headband as an armand,
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:38 am

Very nice so far. I'm looking forward to seeing everything when you add textures.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Sunshine Temple » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:12 am

Seconded. It's really starting to tie together.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Art