Mondu's random fanart v 2013

Request, Submission, or Review of Fanart. Again "fukufic" content preferred but not necessary

Re: Mondu's random fanart v 2013

Postby Sunshine Temple » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:36 pm

I wouldn't have noticed the warping if you hadn't pointed it out.

I think the ruffles and skirt work well. Though her figure seems too willowy and thin.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby lwf58 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:57 pm

It's noticeable near the end of the left ribbon, where there is a big gap between the center red layer and the surrounding ruffles. The rest look okay.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Té Rowan » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:58 pm

Which can be written off as "Oh! The seam ripped!"
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:01 am

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/mondu_the_fat/hinafinal_zps73b22e2d.jpg[[/img]

In the fic this is based of, she givs away her arm ribbon.

There's some problems with the model. There's a gap between the head ribbons that's seen from the back and the head ribbons are too wildly flinging. *Might* fix it, but this thing causes Poser to crawl to a near-halt (ie, pressing anything in poser causes the program to halt for 10 to 12 seconds) and working on it is like pulling teeth. Simply changing a color needs up to 2 minutes of waiting for the harddrive. Stupid ruffles take so much memory.
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:01 am

In the fic this is based of, she givs away her arm ribbon.

There's some problems with the model. There's a gap between the head ribbons that's seen from the back and the head ribbons are too wildly flinging. *Might* fix it, but this thing causes Poser to crawl to a near-halt (ie, pressing anything in poser causes the program to halt for 10 to 12 seconds) and working on it is like pulling teeth. Simply changing a color needs up to 2 minutes of waiting for the harddrive. The ruffles take so much memory.

On the upside of being anal about colors, I like how the skin turned out here than the Youmu fic. Less glare, softer.
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:42 am

Beautiful coloring on the dress.

Just now noticed, but the wrists are too narrow, and look completely disproportionate to the hands. The left wrist especially has very unnatural curvature.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Sunshine Temple » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:49 pm

I'll second the coloring on the dress. That's really well done.

I'd also agree with her wrists. And her arms seem a bit long.

I like the hair ribbon up top, but her eyes seem a bit too flat I'd guess.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Cheb » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:54 am

Contrasted with this dress, the hair is now looking not detailed enough :)
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:20 am

ref

Not sure if I'll be able to finish this, though. The hair looks quite annoying to do. And juri from SFIV keeps on nagging me, "I know you find my hands and feet... interesting."
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:53 am

Your reference link didn't work for me, but I found this one. Internet Explorer, eh? I noticed that down in the lower right corner of the sheet, there is a much simpler version of the back of her hair.

First thing I notice is that her skirt looks a little shorter and flairs out more in the reference than your version does.

Can't say I like the design for Juri myself. But it's not my project, so that doesn't matter much.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby mondu_the_fat » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:18 am

Street Fighter Elena

dem legs

mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:40 pm

Xiaoyu ref

Specifically, her SFxT version. SF has a strange aesthetic -- legs are way long, hands and feet are ginormous, and the women are all built like trucks.

I haven't enlarged the hands and feet yet, but the thighs and shoulders are near enough. I think Poison's thighs are the size of basketballs.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:52 pm

I haven't enlarged the hands and feet yet, but the thighs and shoulders are near enough. I think Poison's thighs are the size of basketballs.

If you want the same kind of look as in the linked pic, then the legs may need to be larger in a more even way, all the way.

Specifically, her SFxT version. SF has a strange aesthetic -- legs are way long, hands and feet are ginormous, and the women are all built like trucks.

Meh, you should see my cousin that played football for 15 years. While the linked pic is a bit too exaggerated, it´s not that far away. Biggest difference, my cousin has a much larger body and wider shoulders, and still manage to look a lot prettier than that. :mrgreen:

Remember, it´s usually only "bodybuilders" that gets muscles that bulge, in part because it takes special training to get like that and in part because that kind of muscles are less effective, especially for fighting(as then the muscles also act to shield against damage to bones).

Style seems to be an attempt at taking something realistic and combine it with previous versions of the character?
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Vocaloid » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:26 am

Her hands and feet really don't look that large or out of proportion and her knees are a bit thicker then what you currently are showing...(a larger knee joint area does tend to keep the larger legs in proportion)
Know Music, Know Life
No Music, No Life
Vocaloid
Asteroid Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:02 am

If you want the same kind of look as in the linked pic, then the legs may need to be larger in a more even way, all the way.

Her hands and feet really don't look that large or out of proportion and her knees are a bit thicker then what you currently are showing...(a larger knee joint area does tend to keep the larger legs in proportion)

I'll fix that as the last thing.

Style seems to be an attempt at taking something realistic and combine it with previous versions of the character?

SF4's style is similar to SF3 and SFAlpha. If you look at the sprites or figures of those games, the hands and feet are enormous.

Reading some of the older gripes about SF4, on how they're badly out of proportion compared to Tekken, some critics miss the fact that Capcom was making a deliberate stylistic choice, not that they can't do "realistic" models.

Anyway:

The costume is simple enough (and practically done at this point). The challenge is the mapping texturing. The two previous projects did not have any mapping at all.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Art