Mondu's random fanart v 2013

Request, Submission, or Review of Fanart. Again "fukufic" content preferred but not necessary

Re: Mondu's random fanart v 2013

Postby mondu_the_fat » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:13 pm

Short doube slleeved buff coat, Derflinger, riding boots

Based on Znt/Gamer crossover Mana Based System
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:12 pm

Cool, looking forward to seeing it assembled.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby mondu_the_fat » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:12 am

Riding boots and greaves

Vambraces

Dagger and sheath

refs: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/ ... cqg86.jpg'
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:42 am

The greaves have horizontal reinforcements. Most blows to the legs will be coming from the front or sides. (If they're coming vertically, they'll probably hit the body instead.) Vertical reinforces would give more protection.

If you're trying to re-create something, instead of create, that does not apply. If the original had a damfool magic armorer, the copy should.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby mondu_the_fat » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:10 am

@ellen: I went for rule of cool. Most other leather greaves on the net were either too simple, or too comple, or had similar horizontal reinforcements.

Modelling mostly done. Just needs gloves, belt, and laces for the coat.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:14 pm

Cute design.

Looks shorter than I expected.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby mondu_the_fat » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:37 pm

mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:17 pm

Test render (forgot to include the dagger in this one). Only modelling job left is the gloves.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:50 pm

Cute! She's starting to come together.

Her expression is adorable too.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby mondu_the_fat » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:23 am

And version 1 is done! I'll work on v2 (with cape) tomorrow.

Last edited by mondu_the_fat on Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:26 pm

Looks right cool, she does.
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:22 am

Version 2
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:24 pm

Very nice looking.

I just have one "objection", and that´s the stance.

The sword held like that is a retreat or sidestep then counterattack either swing/turn or turn/swing, or if you´re really fancy, turn and thrust, yet her balance says she´s rearing backwards and trying to block something from high. Which at the moment would likely get her knocked out by either or both of her weapons.
The swordhold is essentially a nonblocking defensive one that is intentionally weak to draw an opponent forward into a slow overextended position to allow a slow but nasty counterattack.
( oh and btw, i really hope she´s lefthanded or doublehanded )

Second, a dagger is nearly always held with the blade going out the direction of the thumb, having it out the way of the pinkie means you remove the extra reach from it as well as make it harder to control, especially if used to parry with, not to mention make it difficult to stab with.
Oh and the dagger also obscures her vision, even if not hugely so.

Third, you can get away with both, but together they´re basically an invitation for me to dash in and stomp her toes or knees, or legsweep her, because her sword takes far too long to swing to hit me with(and her own head is in the way of thrusting with it), while her dagger can´t reach me at all as long as i kick at kneeheight or lower while her balance is, well, unbalanced.

Anyway, i don´t like being critical here(hope you excuse me), because the pic still LOOKS pretty darn good.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Art