Stylistic Musings

Request, Submission, or Review of Fanart. Again "fukufic" content preferred but not necessary

Stylistic Musings

Postby LawOhki » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:23 pm

Little something I've been playing around with.

Relevant page


Link
Image
Last edited by LawOhki on Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
LawOhki
User avatar
Moon Senshi
Posts: 1590
 

Re: Stylistic Musings

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:31 pm

Might be a bit late for the suggestion but the knees come a bit too close together without altering the lay of the dress to allow one leg to be behind the other. Unless there is so little muscle to her legs that her knees are narrower than her throat.
Image
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
User avatar
Eternal Power Senshi
Posts: 47647
 

Re: Stylistic Musings

Postby LawOhki » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:47 am

Spokavriel wrote: Might be a bit late for the suggestion but the knees come a bit too close together without altering the lay of the dress to allow one leg to be behind the other. Unless there is so little muscle to her legs that her knees are narrower than her throat.

Well first that's how Rumiko drew it and second Ranma was implied to be walking. So 'her' knees aren't together but behind one another.
LawOhki
User avatar
Moon Senshi
Posts: 1590
 

Re: Stylistic Musings

Postby Konsaki » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:23 am

I'd extend the fabric crease line down a little farther then, maybe a few more 'inches' to help indicate the leg's forward position better.
Konsaki
User avatar
Asteroid Senshi
Posts: 726
 

Re: Stylistic Musings

Postby LawOhki » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:42 pm

Konsaki wrote:I'd extend the fabric crease line down a little farther then, maybe a few more 'inches' to help indicate the leg's forward position better.

I'll think about adding some kind of gradient to show the fabric fold of the leg.

Realized I fouled up on the eye lashes/brows so that'll have to be fixed.
LawOhki
User avatar
Moon Senshi
Posts: 1590
 

Re: Stylistic Musings

Postby LawOhki » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:38 am

Updated the image to include a few things I missed/forgot. Like eyebrows.
LawOhki
User avatar
Moon Senshi
Posts: 1590
 

Re: Stylistic Musings

Postby J. St.C. Patrick » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:18 am

The whole image looks good. I like the pattern you put on the fan.
One thing that stands out as being off is that the space between her left arm and torso and the triangular space created by her right arm and the fan seem a bit too light compared to the rest of the background.
Though I'm not sure if that's a real change in color of the background or an optical illusion.
Director of Forum Arts and Culture
The King of... Stuff
The Ever Ubiquitous
J. St.C. Patrick
User avatar
Moon Cat Advisor
Posts: 1921
 

Re: Stylistic Musings

Postby LawOhki » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:51 am

J. St.C. Patrick wrote:The whole image looks good. I like the pattern you put on the fan.
One thing that stands out as being off is that the space between her left arm and torso and the triangular space created by her right arm and the fan seem a bit too light compared to the rest of the background.
Though I'm not sure if that's a real change in color of the background or an optical illusion.

If you mean the shading then I wasn't trying for anything really consistent with that other than to be minimalistic. Her arms do have darker shading on the side facing her torso, might be just hard to see due to the background texture being similar in that area. It's the same gradient I applied to her leg.

Thanks for the comment.
LawOhki
User avatar
Moon Senshi
Posts: 1590
 

Re: Stylistic Musings

Postby J. St.C. Patrick » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:48 pm

Sorry for the confusion, I was talking about the color of the background in the spaces created by her arms being lighter than the background on the outside, making the interior stand out.

Here is a close up with the areas I'm talking about circled with patches of that color exported to show how much lighter they are.

Image
Director of Forum Arts and Culture
The King of... Stuff
The Ever Ubiquitous
J. St.C. Patrick
User avatar
Moon Cat Advisor
Posts: 1921
 

Re: Stylistic Musings

Postby LawOhki » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:48 am

J. St.C. Patrick wrote:Sorry for the confusion, I was talking about the color of the background in the spaces created by her arms being lighter than the background on the outside, making the interior stand out.

Here is a close up with the areas I'm talking about circled with patches of that color exported to show how much lighter they are.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a377/ ... loseup.png

Never intended for there to be perfect shading, in fact I purposely just used simple gradients on every major section. So each arm has one one, the dress has just one, leg has one, hair has one, etc.
LawOhki
User avatar
Moon Senshi
Posts: 1590
 

Re: Stylistic Musings

Postby LawOhki » Sun May 19, 2013 2:03 pm

From my new avatar. Ranma from my new story Rinne. Tried to be very quick with all the shading and to use a different color palette for the clothing than is usually seen. Editting from this page.

Image

http://lawrachan.deviantart.com/art/Rin ... -372587444
LawOhki
User avatar
Moon Senshi
Posts: 1590
 

Re: Stylistic Musings

Postby Dumbledork » Sun May 19, 2013 2:35 pm

Really great picture here.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
User avatar
Prism Power Senshi
Posts: 3341
 

Re: Stylistic Musings

Postby LawOhki » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:08 pm

Got the urge to try and clean up some of Takeuchi's sometimes really sloppy line art. Just playing around, probably won't do much else with it.

Image

Original
LawOhki
User avatar
Moon Senshi
Posts: 1590
 

Re: Stylistic Musings

Postby LawOhki » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:20 pm

It's been quite some time since I've seriously done any art, so here's pony Ranma in progress.

Image
Full Size
LawOhki
User avatar
Moon Senshi
Posts: 1590
 

Re: Stylistic Musings

Postby LawOhki » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:57 pm

More or less finished version.

Image
Full Size
LawOhki
User avatar
Moon Senshi
Posts: 1590
 

Next

Return to Fan Art

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron