Windborne ch3 (Starting Scenes)

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Windborne ch3 (Starting Scenes)

Postby Sunshine Temple » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:08 pm

I've already put up new content for Generation Lost and Strained Harmony (the next chapter of that is with prereaders). So let's look at another old fic of mine.

Windborne
A Ranma Sailor Moon fic thingy.
By Josh "Sunshine" Temple

Naturally, I own neither Sailor Moon nor Ranma. So here's the disclaimer
Ranma 1/2 and its characters and settings belong to Rumiko Takahashi, Shogakukan, Kitty, and Viz Video. Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon belongs to Naoko Takeuchi, Koudansha, TV Asahi, and Toei Douga, and DIC.

Previous chapters and other works can be found at my fanfiction website.
http://jtemple.florestica.com/

Other website Temple of Ranma's Senshi Seifuku
http://fukufics.com

C&C as always is wanted.

Chapter 3 Growing into the Space Provided

The Kuno Estate was a sprawling, walled compound in the middle of Nerima. Water diverted from one of the ward's canals fed the meandering streams and still ponds that dotted the intricately landscaped grounds.

In the property's center a multi-tiered shiro fortress rose above the trees, walls, and outbuildings. Smaller than any of Japan's "Original Twelve" castles, the Estate was still an imposing structure.

One of the adjacent outbuildings was a dojo. Built of the same painted and polished wood as the rest of the compound, sheer scale alone made the two story tall structure ostentatious and indulgent.

Ranma padded across the dojo's mats in gauzy bootie-like slippers. She wore an open-backed sparkling green leotard with leaf patterned accents. Translucent petal-like skirting swished around her legs. Sparkling ruby hair fell back in a smooth wave with a sapphire streak in the center and on the inside arcs of curled bangs.

A couple steps behind her another fairy followed. He wore a green and silver Hakama with his sword sheathed at his side.

Wide-eyed, Ranma gazed up at the beams and banners. She let out a high whistle. Her attention shifted to the floor and some of the equipment neatly stacked against one wall.

Ranma looked back at her... fiance. "Heck of a place you got here." The room was pristine but it was not museum quality. It had been used regularly, although maybe not recently. "The kendo club use this place?"

"On occasion," Kuno chuckled. "Though my sister's exuberance can make things... difficult for guests."

Ranma shook her head. "I did warn Wolf about Mr. Turtle."

"Are you concerned for your familiar?"

The redhead crossed her arms. "He's a giant magical wolf."

Kuno nodded. "I suppose his experience will serve him well, and the ponds are kept well-stocked with koi," the bronze-skinned fairy eventually

"Mr. Turtle gets hungry?"

"My vile sister indulges her pets." Shaking his head, Kuno walked past her and inspected the dojo. "I presume you sympathize, my love," he said as he slipped off his scabbard sword and took a wooden bokken off a wall-rack

"Wolf ain't my pet," Ranma declared. She turned and planted her feet in a loose stance.

"Apologizes for my presumption, I dare not tempt your righteous ire" Kuno lightly said.

Blue sparkles flickered around Ranma's tiny fists. "You... you... you're teasing me?"

"Pardon my familiarity," Kuno bowed his head.

"Oh you're gonna play it that way?" Smirking, Ranma darted forward. In a flash the diminutive girl was within Kuno's defenses.

The swordsman stepped back with his left leg and pivoted with his right. His bokken came out in whisper, the wood blade almost glowing in the bright light of the dojo.

His arm twisted and the practice blade fell towards the fairy queen.

"Yah think you can hold back now?" Ranma taunted as she rolled back, flipping under the bokken. As her legs went up, her right knee kicked out slammed the edge of her slippered foot into the underside of Kuno's chin.

Dazed Kuno withdrew and squared his blade.

Ranma completed her roll and bounded back up to her feet. "You seem a bit off your game."

"Do you doubt my prowess?" Kuno lunged forward, his blade slashing.

"Hah!" The redhead was faster, she slipped a step over, pushed her left arm against Kuno's and thrust her forearm into his neck.

Choking, Kuno pulled back his arm and slammed his sword hilt against the back of Ranma's head.

Glitter flew as the redhead yelped. Kuno brought his arm down to hold her against him. Still keeping his arm to the side, she leaned forward and hooked Kuno's leg.

The two fairies fell in a mess of sparkles.

Kuno found himself on top. Eyes wide Ranma wrenched the bokken from his hands but Kuno responded by putting a knee across her thighs and pressing a palm onto her sternum. Ranma stabbed forward with her left fingers into Kuno's solar plexus, pulling the blow. A punch to his temple was similarly held-back.

The two panted. Ranma idly noted that Kuno's hakamashita had loosened. exposing some of his chest. She rolled her shoulders and frowned at the weight being pressed down on her.

"Right," Ranma's eyes turned critical. She inspected how she had fell, how she was being held, how far away the bokken was, and where her hands had landed. "You're adapting, but you can do more."

"I can, my love?" Kuno said as he got off her. He winced a bit at the tenderness in is side.

Ranma sat up. "You're more flexible now; there's potential you're not using. You're stronger than I thought." The redhead pouted. "I guess male fairies really are better at that."

"Are you troubled?"

The redhead looked down. "Look, this isn't about my body. I'm... I'm fine."

Kuno put his hand on her shoulder. "You've endured much, but you are stronger for it. I've seen you blossom in-"

Ranma put a finger to his lips. "No, no, don't you try to blow that up my skirt. I'm weaker as a fairy. You are too, just not as much." She stood up and rolled her shoulders.

"I wasn't talking about physical strength."

"Well, I was." Ranma rolled her eyes. "Anyway, the better speed and flexibility are only part of the story. Our antennae can sense magic and I think our hearing's better. But Wolf thinks that's in my head."

She began to circle Kuno who had just stood up. "Fairies also have other advantages. Someone all into art would say that fairies are more elegant." She put a hand out and ran it over Kuno's shoulder. "That we've got more... aesthetic advantage. But that ignores the functionality." She concentrated and her wings with their sparkling spiraled blue and red whorls.

"Are we going to fly?" Kuno looked up at the ceiling. "I would have gotten a bigger room."

"And leads to the next advantage." She smirked and in a shower of glitter shrank down to a couple inches in height. Her wings buzzed and she continued to lazily circle around Kuno at eye-level.

"There would be less reach," Kuno remarked as he picked up his wooden sword.

Ranma rolled her eyes. "Obviously. But the mobility and difficulty to hit are some interesting advantages. Not to mention the strength."

"My Love?" Kuno eyed the tiny fair as she flexed her arms. "I do not understand."

"Ah, the student asks for a demonstration!"

Kuno blinked and a glittering comet raced towards him in a jerking pattern of dash and maneuver. She flew past his right eye then as Kuno turned landed on his left shoulder.

Pain exploded from his jaw as the tiny fairy's punch landed. Gasping Kuno worked his jaw. "Such spirit!"

Smirking, Ranma crossed her arms and paced on his shoulder. "Strength."

Kuno held his mouth in his hands and worked his lower jaw. "But you're weaker... Oh I see. Clever. You true form may be less strong than your pig-tailed larval stage."

Ranma stared. "Ew."

"But it has the same strength no matter the size."

"Correct!" Ranma's wings beat and she took off. "Problem is leverage. You don't have much of that unless you land, but we've got some other advantages." She hovered in front of his eyes. "Or at least us female fairies do."

"Us? I assure you my manhood is-"

Ranma rolled her eyes and cut him off. "Yeah, you don't get to complain, not to me Tachi-kun." She pointed towards his bokken. "Hold up your sword and channel your magic into it."

Wordlessly Kuno raised his sword. White light started to burn from the tip. It poured down the length of the shaft as the wood itself began to shimmer and carvings of ivy vines began to form. There was a fizzling noise and the scent of ozone rose from the brown and green winged fairy. Kuno gave a surprised noise.

"Don't stop! Keep the concentration!" Ranma ordered. She frowned; Kuno had
pulled the dark green hakamashita tighter. Her fiance's chest was no longer visible.

Ranma landed on Kuno's shoulder. "Don't stop, keep the magic up"

"But I won't change back," Kuno said, her voice now a fairly low alto.

"Yes, shame that." Ranma looked down at the newly female fairy's chest and then at her statuesque features. "You know you look a bit like your sister."

"You've told me before," Kuno noted with distaste.

Ranma took to the air again. She flew in front of her fiance's face and studied it. She closed in and brushed a bit off glitter off one of Kuno's ears. Both fairies shivered a bit at that.

The queen pulled back and resumed her contemplation. "But you're prettier than her none of that haughty, angry-crazy."

Sword till glowing Kuno struck a pose. "I'm happy that my manly magnetism can overcome whichever body I wear."

Ranma gave a smile. "Ah, now there's the sweetly obsessive crazy that I know and... er..." The tiny fairy coughed. "That I... anyway, it's time for you to shrink down."

"My queen?"

"I want to try some air-to-air, and for that you've gotta be able to cast magic."

"As you wish, my Queen."

Ranma crossed her arms. "Well?"

Kuno lowered her head. A blush started to color her cheeks. "I don't..."

The redhead smirked. "Oh? You just need to think small."

"I find it hard to diminish myself," Kuno ruefully noted.

The redhead stared. "You're a fairy... and a girl."

"I'm engaged to my love."

Her wings fluttering a bit faster, Ranma gave Tatewaki a long hard look. "Anyway..." she eventually said. "We can do this the hard way."

There was a burst of glitter and a human-sized Ranma appeared, she grabbed Kuno's free hand with one hand and wrapped the other arm around Kuno's torso. Despite the gender-change, Tatewaki still towered over the redhead.

Ranma's arms glowed blue and in another sparkling flash both fairy girls popped into tiny forms.

Releasing the hug, Ranma let Kuno drift off for a bit. Her own wings fluttering, Tatewaki's grip tightened. "I..." Kuno looked around. The dojo had become cavernous and imposing and her love... She could see the sheets of power cascading off of the queen in sparkling streams.

"You're amazing," Kuno gasped.

Ranma preened "Of course I am, now don't loose grip."

Kuno squeezed Ranma's hand.

The redhead shook her head. "Of the sword."

Kuno nodded.

Ranma twisted her hand and slipped out of her grip.

Wings fluttering, Kuno tried to control her balance as she bobbed up and down in the air.

The redhead then resumed her circling. A trail of glitter shed from her wings. Inspecting her fiance's wings, clothes, and sword, she held her chin in her hand.

Kuno watched the redhead orbit around her. "Is my noble form up to the standard's of my Queen's inspection?"

"You're not falling screaming." Hovering in front of the dark-haired female fairy, Ranma gave a smug grin. "It's a start."

Kuno nodded; her face determined. "What is the next phase of my training?"

The redhead's grin turned mischievous. "Oh something you've got plenty of experience in: agility training."

Kuno blinked, her face confused.

Ranma flew forward and ran a hand over Tatewaki's chin. "Even as a chick, you can pull off that confused lummox look. Anyway your part is simple." Drifting back she spun around and wiggled her hips. "You do know how to chase me, right?" she asked with a wink before vanishing in a flash of sparkles.

Blinking, Tatewaki's sword dimmed for a second. Then watching the rapidly shrinking glittery comet, she turned over and dove towards the redhead.

A smile crossed Tatewaki's lips and she raced after her fiancee. The dark haired fairy caught up to the sparkling redhead, or tried to. As Tatewaki approached Ranma broke out of her lazy dive and shot off to one side.

Wings buzzing, Tatewaki turned aiming to intercept the redhead. Pushing more speed, her sword began to glow brighter and the occasional mote of glitter stared to fly off her wings.

Hair whipping about, Ranma glanced back. Tatewaki was gaining. She gave a little laugh and cut her speed.

Grinning, Kuno began to catch up. Tatewaki had chased the redhead for a long time, and she was starting to figure out when things were going too easy.

There was a flash and the redhead suddenly went vertical and shot past her fiance, flipped over and charged towards Tatewaki's back. Reading for the strafing run, Ranma's fists began to glow blue.

Kuno then rolled over and blocked the blasts with the flat of her sword.

Ranma's eyes widened, and she let out a high pitched laugh as she dove past Kuno.

This time Tatewaki managed to maintain the distance and the pair began twisting about in tight scissoring maneuvers that raced across the dojo in spiraling streamers of glitter that slowly rained to the floor.

It was after a bout of tight turns that Tatewaki caught up to Ranma and managed to land her sword across her backside. He still got blasted by the redhead's glowing fists, but she did slow to a hover and bow to her.

After that the chase resumed this time the redhead's moves were faster and she cut through the air in tighter turns and was even more aggressive whenever Tatewaki managed to get close.

After Kuno had scored her fifth hit, Ranma took the taller fairies hand and lead her to one of the polished crossbeams near the ceiling. Sitting down, Ranma idly rubbed the small of her back as she kicked her legs.

"You really like hitting me back there don't cha?" she demanded as Kuno landed next to her.

"It's an easier angle. You don't protect it as well as other places," Kuno admitted. The taller fairy's forest green hakamashita was loose and had a slight sheen of sweet and glitter.

Ranma eyed her and gave a little smirk. She might be a glitter-factory, but even Kuno could start to get sparkly if you worked her hard enough. The redhead was also amused at the little grey sports bra straps she could just see. That must have materialized on Kuno sometime during the fight.

"You're holding back," Tatewaki noted.

Ranma tried to keep from rolling her eyes. Instead she reached out and patted Tatewaki's cheek. "Of course. This is what... your first time flying?"

Kuno nodded.

"Still... you're leaning. Over-powered and jerky. Clumsy and too straight forward. But you are very single-minded and focused." She snorted, though it sounded a bit more like a giggle.

"There's also my stamina."

Ranma crossed her hands and huffed.

"It's true. You can be... worn down."

The redhead glared.

"Will you deny it?" Tatewaki asked idly rolling her glowing sword.

Ranma smirked. "That's the whole reason we're together

Tatewaki tilted her head. Looking off into the distance she gave a wistful smile. "Yes, we are together."

Ranma lowered her forehead into her hands. "Yes, yes we are."

Kuno put her arm out and wrapped it around Ranma's shoulder. "Perhaps some more training?"

The redhead looked at Tatewaki's hand. She reached out and grabbed it. She sighed. Even fae and feminized her fiance's hand was still larger than her own delicate digits. Her mood brightened. "Training?" She began to snicker.

"My love?"

"Oh no. This is just a warm up. I haven't even started to formalize moves and maneuvers." Ranma idly peeled Tatewaki's hand off her shoulder. She then tapped her chin.

"Has my energetic pursuit of you inspired you, my love?" Tatewaki asked.

The redhead snickered. "Having a partner is better than trying to solo things."

Tatewaki blinked; she then turned her head to the side. A mirthful smile crossed her lips.

Ranma noticed her fiance's expression. "Oh shut up!" She punched him in the shoulder.

"Pardon my rudeness."

Ranma huffed. "Just for that we're going to switch off."

Frowning, Tatewaki's sword began do dim.

"Oh no you don't," Ranma touched the sword and it flared brighter. "You're going to need all your strength," she assure running a finger over the silver wood.

"Chase again?"

Ranma cracked her knuckles. "I'll give you a head start," she promised as her fists began to glow.

"My love, that's too kind but-" Kuno then screamed and shrieked as Ranma smacked the larger fairy in the back, knocking her off the cross beam.

Ranma nimbly stood up. She looked down to confirm that Tatewaki's wings had started to flap. Slowly counting, she turned her back to the edge. A lazy smirk crossed her face. When she got to ten she jumped backwards and flipped off the edge in a backwards dive.

Glitter trailed behind Ranma as she built up speed and dove towards the floor. She spotted movement in one corner and her antennae buzzed. Sighting her fiance, her fists glowed as she took more velocity.

The pattern of pursuit, close, and spar continued.

Tatewaki gasped; the sword almost slipped from her hands. She looked back then down, then ahead. Ranma was relentless. She did a slow barrel roll and exhaled. Kuno had dreamed of this day.

The fairy shrugged her shoulders and used a free hand to tighten her top. Tatewaki blushed; there were some things that she had not dreamed of. However, being pursued by the redheaded girl was one of them.

Her antennae twitched. She flipped over as wing stopped while the other continued to buzz. Her bokken whipped out and the flat slammed into Ranma's slippered feet.

Kuno looked up. Ranma gave an approving nod. For a moment, the two fairies seemed to hang in midair.

The spell broke; the pair tumbled down. Blue fist met silver wood as the two grappled. Glitter flew between the two. Tatewaki blocked the first barrage of strikes and managed to tap Ranma's side just below her waist, but the redhead soon overwhelmed her.

The sword went flying. Ranma's eyes widened. She grabbed Tatewaki, her wings resumed their rapid flutter, and the two began to slow down... just before they hit the mats of the dojo.

The tiny redhead shook her head. She looked down and saw that her fiance had broken her fall. "Huh. Maybe we should take a break." She frowned. "You okay Tachi?"

Looking up, Tatewaki gasped. Kneeling down, Ranma was straddling her chest. "Oh my spirited love!" Kuno coughed, her stomach felt fluttery. Her hand closed and opened. Her sword was missing.

Ranma patted her on the cheek. "I mean are you hurt?" She tilted her head as the fairy beneath her quivered. The tall, statuesque female form shifted into a larger but still sleek and beautiful male form. "Yeah you're fine."

Kuno shifted his hips. "Injured? Only my foolish pride. I dared to think I could best you."

Standing up, Ranma shrugged. She held out her hand and helped pull Kuno to his feet. "Well, you did... at least once," Ranma added under her breath.

Kuno nodded. He looked around. The dojo towered above them. The room appeared vast with the walls in the far distance. "We're still small."

Ranma shook her head. "I can't believe you outsmarted me."

"I would not presume to declare that much." Kuno said as he looked around. "Indeed I would say the challenge you gave me was most clever."

Ranma stared at Kuno. She then looked off into the distance, or at least to the other side of the cavernous dojo. After several seconds, she slowly shook her head. Her wings began to flutter. "Come on, I think I can see your sword." She grabbed his hand and took to the air.

After crossing the dojo the pair retrieved the bokken. Kuno graciously accepted the wooden blade. Ranma took his hand, closed her eyes and in a burst of glitter the two returned to human size.

Moving from foot to foot, Ranma pulled at her leotard. "I guess we're done?"

After replacing the bokken Kuno picked up his katana and glanced at a clock discreetly hung near the doorway. "Perhaps that is wise, it would give us time to clean up and visit your mother."

"Yeah, a wash would be good." Ranma rolled her shoulders noting the mix of sweat and glitter that had accumulated on her body.

Adjacent to the dojo was a changing room that bordered on the opulent. However it managed to be understated enough with its stonework and fixtures to be tastefully understated. Though the heavy silver framed mirrors on many of the walls were a bit much.

Following her fiance Ranma idly bounced from one heel to the other as she looked through the various doorways that branched off of the paneled room. One went to a pool, another to a large furo, a couple that were for supply and store-rooms, one went to an ante-chamber that opened to a sauna, yet another went to a hot tub and there was even another smaller dojo.

It looked a bit cramped, but Ranma could see possibilities for fairy-sized practice.

"No need to rush my love, this is all yours," Kuno assured, putting a hand on her shoulder left.

The fair queen turned and looked up. "Once we're... married right?" she reached up and lifted his hand off her shoulder.

"But a formality, I will not deny my queen anything."

Ranma swallowed and her right hand fell, dragging Kuno's with it until it settled on her left side. "What you want me to move in? Here?"

"If that is your wish." Tatewaki shrugged.

"Yeah I'd bet you'd love sleeping with me."

Kuno raised an eyebrow and patiently looked at the redhead. He then reached out and gently tapped the engagement ring Ranma wore.

"Shut up Tachi" The fairy queen flushed and slipped out of his arm.

"Apologies my glittering goddess," Kuno bowed. "I know how trying this is."

Ranma crossed her arms; glitter sparkled off her green leotard. "Honestly, you don't."

Kuno nodded. "Perhaps I should try to make my sword glow again. You seemed... amused by that form of mine."

Recalling her fiance's statuesque female fae form, Ranma laughed. It had a musical bell-like quality. "Yeah, yeah, but you don't have to deal with glitter."

Using a handkerchief to wipe his hand, Kuno nodded. "That is true my love. Your burdens are many but you handle them with such grace."

Ranma smiled and looked at their reflection. The dashing gentleman in his green and silver Hakama and the petite young lady in her gauzy green leotard.

Sweat shined on both of their bodies and they looked all the world like a young couple that had just enjoyed some vigorous... exercise. Her antennae quivered and she took half a step forward.

Again Kuno took her hand. "Let no doubt blossom in your mind. When I say this estate is yours I do not speak of impropriety. We have ample space. You can pick out a suite at your leisure. If you desire your own wing of the estate; it shall be yours. The only limits are the servant's quarters and the spaces my sister has claimed."

Ranma returned the grip. "You're just giving me a mansion?"

Tatewaki Kuno blinked in confusion. "Shouldn't I?"

"I didn't hear anything about your father in that. Doesn't he have any say? What about his rooms?"

Kuno smiled. "Regretfully, my father's duties force him to reside upon school grounds. Thus the burden of head of household has fallen upon me. Surely you can agree that such is a tragic situation?" He gave a theatric sigh and looked off into the distance.

Ranma laughed.

"To be deprived of the wisdom of one's honorable father. And with your father absent on his quest to recover the Chalice of Avalon this is tragedy that you to know only so well." Kuno's face turned grave. "Perhaps we will find a way to suffer through the absence."

Holding her sides, the redhead bent over as her laughs broke into high-pitched giggles. Still laughing, she walked over to the stand where her clothes had been laid out.

Sky blue, the dress had her standard knee-length petal hem and was somewhat translucent. It has a fairly high neckline and was layered to give it some poof.

It was about as concealing and modest as she could make her clothes. Next to it were a pair of low heels, a gauzy blue bra, matching underwear, and a silvery corset.

Ranma looked over the clothes. She could change the dress if she wanted. She did not have to wear the corset; she had brought a bra instead. It would be easy. Everything about this was... "easy".

She felt Kuno standing behind her. She also felt something else something familiar. Her antennae bounced a bit. She'd wear the corset. Why not? By getting engaged to Kuno, she had already paid for the damn thing.

"Is your armor not for special occasions?" Kuno reached out. "Or is this because we're meeting an allied kingdom today?"

"The Senshi? Don't you worry about that." Ranma idly batted his hand away. "Maybe you should go and get dressed. We've got a busy day."

"Oh? More flittering about followed by indulging your sweet tooths?" A haughty young woman interjected. "I see it did not take much to domesticate my brother into a indulgent hedonist."

"Ah Sister dear," Tatewaki bowed his head to Kodachi. "Going to practice I see?"

"Once the staff is done cleaning the room. It seems someone left quite a bit of glitter." Kodachi strode toward Ranma. She was dressed in a sleek teal leotard with black trim and black rose accents and matching black and teal slippers.

"We meet again, Lady Titania," Kodachi put special emphasis on the title, her lips quirking into a cruel grin as she looked down on the redhead. "That really is a lovely little outfit you're wearing. It very much suits a woman of your stature."

A blush manage to appear on Ranma's nutmeg colored cheeks as she realized that she was well over a head shorter than Kodachi and dressed far more femininely than her fiance's sister.

Kodachi's leotard did not have skirting or leggings. Ranma had both, in translucent glittery layers. The accents on her leotard were also more sparkly. The redhead did smile, her bosom was presented in a far more flattering way than Kodachi's was.

Ranma exhaled and pondered how to reply. She looked to Kuno who seemed pensive. The redhead then smile. "Thank you," she bowed to Kodachi. "I was worried that our past... rivalry would sour things."

"Oh? Tell me Lady Titania, was it mistaken for me to presume that you possessed the class to abandon your pursuit of my beloved simply because you're engaged to my brother?" Kodachi smirked.

"Why do you keep calling me Titania?"

"That's your name? Titania Windgates the Second, self-proclaimed queen of the fairies."

Ranma tilted her head. "Of all the things you don't believe, it's the queen part?" She hardly noticed Tatewaki move from standing between her and Kodachi to standing next to her. An arm fell over her shoulder.

"Only a fool would deny that you're of the fae," Kodachi leaned in and flicked one of Ranma's antennae she pointedly stared at Tatewaki's. Ranma bit her lip.

"Still to call yourself a queen when your kingdom consists of one canine, one mother, and one consort? Ohohohoho." Kodachi laughed.

Ranma winced. She unwrapped Kuno's arm. "Go and get changed Tachi. I won't be long."

Kuno nodded, took her arm, kissed the back of her hand and sauntered off.

As Ranma watched him leave, Kodachi slid up next to her. "You didn't answer me, Lady Titania," Kodachi mildly said. "My own eyes tell me that you are besmitten with my idiot brother, but you have yet to deny any designs on my own beloved."

The redhead exhaled. "You mean my boy-side? Uh, you mean Ranma? That why you keep calling me Titania"

Kodachi gave a strained smile "For someone who maintains no claim on my beloved the least you could do is not insist on using his name in my presence."

Ranma snorted; it came out a bit more giggle-like than she expected.

Kodachi for her part winced. "I suppose calling you Windgates-san is a bit too formal, we are to be sisters."

"What?"

Kodachi's strained smile returned. This time added with a layer of pity. She ran a finger over one of Ranma's bangs and flicked some glitter off a nail. "I do hope there won't be any problem with the drains. Clogs are so... embarrassing."

"Glitter dissolves in water."

"Small grace."

The redhead sighed "You don't think I'm Ranma?"

"Must you ask?" Kodachi sighed. "I worry about the intelligence of the children you'll give my brother.."

"Hey our kids will-" Ranma's mind blanked. A dreamy smile crossed her face as her eyes unfocused and she began to hum.

"Truly, my brother has found a companion who will stimulate his intellect, among other things." Kodachi said, looking the fairy over.

"Hey! You think I like this?"

"Being engaged to the heir of the House Kuno? You better," Kodachi looked down on the fairy. "I can accept my idiot brother courting a woman with eccentricities, such things are the curse of our family, but I cannot accept ingratitude."

"And what does that mean?" Emerald eyes narrowed.

"I wonder if you care at all about this family," Kodachi sniffed.

"Well... Dear Sister," Ranma smirked. "I can't say much about this pack of loons I'm doomed to be married into, but my family's pretty bad too. My father's off on some stupid quest to get me married and my mother insists on making me into a proper fairy queen."

Kodachi tilted her head and saw the silver corset. "A quest? Like the quest you sent my brother on? I heard that 'mystical armor' was right under your nose? Someone lacking in class and decorum might even suggest that the quest was not done in good faith."

Ranma looked down and fidgeted. Kodachi was more right than she knew, but in the opposite way. Ranma had hoped to give Tatewaki an impossible quest, like the one she had sent her father and Soun on. It was cosmically bad luck that Titania's armor had fallen into Happosai's hands.

"As for your mother... Lady Titania. Don't you also insist on your royalty? You can see my concern that you have sinister designs on my beloved Ranma-sama. The fae are mischievous after-all."

The redhead rolled her eyes. "No Kodachi, I have no plans or interest in your beloved Ranma-sama."

"Thank you." Kodachi eyed the diminutive girl. "Tatewaki, stupid and clumsy he may be, is still my brother. And while he is so smitten with you to be incapable of comprehending any betrayal on your part, I am not so delusional. Please do not give me a reason to confirm which poisons are and are not effective on fae."

The redhead snorted then giggled.

Wincing Kodachi looked away.

"You're telling me you care? You paralyze and poison Tatewaki. You beat him up and mock him in public."

"And yet I still care about him." Kodachi's frosty smile returned. "Much the same can be said about you. Or are we going to pretend your antics as the 'pigtailed girl' never happened?"

"I'm still the same person, becoming a fairy didn't change that." Ranma assured, though she did look down at her own leotard and at the platinum ring she wore.

"That brings some relief, given what happened to my brother. Though I suppose he was more than eager to forfeit his humanity if it meant wining your hand."

"It wasn't like that."

"Oh? Did you simply transform your lover into a more pleasing form?" Kodachi smirked.

"He's not my lover!" Ranma hissed, her eyes shimmering, her firsts flaring blue.

"I see we both have problems with our relationship with Tatewaki." Kodachi's smirk grew. "Perhaps we're more alike than either of us cares to admit, Dear Sister."

The glow faded from Ranma's firsts and she lowered her arms, but not before Kodachi caught Ranma's hand.

"Hey!" the redhead's anger faded when she saw the sad look on Kodachi's face. "Uh? Something wrong with my ring?'

"These gems... do you know where Tatewaki acquired the two diamonds?" Studying the platinum ring with its central kink and twin settings, Kodachi's grip loosened and became almost gentle.

"He said something about them being family heirlooms."

Kodachi's hand released Ranma's. "So our father actually cared. A mixed blessing at best."

"What?"

"I'll concede to some jealousy, as low borne as it is." Kodachi's wintry smile thawed slightly. "But Father did take possession of Mother's effects. And him giving those diamonds to Tatewaki is about as elegant of a signal of approval as you're bound to get... Dear Sister."

"What?" Ranma stared at her hand. "This is Tatewaki... you're mother's ring?"

"No, but the diamonds are." Kodachi patted Ranma's shoulder. It was a harsh, too rough, gesture. "Enjoy this bit of grace from our father. I daresay he'll be far worse at your wedding."

Turning and walking to her dress and corset, Ranma sighed. "Thanks for the reminder."

"I'll admit that such apprehension preys on my mind. Perhaps my beloved Ranma will take me and we will elope."

"That doesn't sound like a bad idea," Ranma said as she started slipping out of her leotard. Organizing her clothes, she began to hum.

She cast a refresh spell. Sweat and grime and the like were blown off her skin and hair in a flash of glitter. She would have preferred to shower, or maybe even use the hot tub, but her future sister in law had delayed her.

Kodachi watched as the fairy pulled on the corset. Squirming she tried to bend her arms back to tighten the laces. The gymnast sighed and stepped forward. "Calm down."

Ranma gave a little squeak. "Oh! Sorry, I..."

"Forgot I was here?" Kodachi shook her head. "Don't tell anyone, but I'll favor you this one time." She assured, as she began to tighten the redhead's corset.

Ranma gasped. "Thanks."

Kodachi finished fitting the garment. She stepped back and watched Ranma pull on a transparent blue dress. "Is that really proper attire? Especially for one with presumptions of royalty?"

"You want me to show you the book?" Ranma asked as she smoothed her dress down. "I've got another copy of 'Titania's Guide to Raising Proper Ladies'. Do you want it?"

Kodachi scoffed. "No, I can already see the fashion priorities of your 'kingdom'. It's like you want to show off the delicate tooling and beautiful patterns on your corset."

"Yeah... " Ranma's eyes darted to the side. "If only my mother didn't want to read that book." Sighing again, Ranma finished adjusting her gauzy blue dress and stockings. "Still, I'm being quite proper; this isn't a formal holiday ball."

Kodachi eyed the tanned-girl. "I shudder to think what you'd wear to one of those."

The fairy nodded. "They're... interesting." She primped before her reflection and packed up her leotard.

Kodachi smiled. "I will say this Lady Titania. I was initially worried about you being the one to reciprocate my brother's affections, but unlike that ghastly Tendo wench you're at least reasonably high-borne even if you have... aspirations above station. Though your laughter does grate."

"My laugh?" Ranma's eye twitched. Of all the things for Kodachi to be critical of...

"Yes, it sounds like a box of kittens and crystal bells being tossed down a flight of stairs."

"And what about your laugh?"

"Surely, Lady Titania, you're not comparing your mirthful abomination with my graceful noble-woman's laugh. I'll have you know I practice to ensure it's perfection."

"It shows," Ranma flatly noted. And while her deadpan was still sugary and high-pitched, it was not quite diabetes inducing. She started to pack up her leotard and the rest of her exercise clothes.

Kodachi frowned, unsure of what to make of the tiny girl's comment.

Ranma folded up her clothing bag. Even tied up it was still the size of a small suitcase. She frowned and rummaged around in one of the bag's pockets and withdrew a
lacquer and gold locket on a fine gold and silver chain.

Kodachi watched as the fairy put the locket on the dressing table and then, holding the clothing bag, vanished in a cloud of glitter. Emerging from the glitter, a tiny fairy flew towards the locket.

She undid a gold latch and opened the wooden case. Relative to the fairy, it was the size of a small case. The clothing bag easily fit inside and Ranma flew off and returned to her human, if diminutive, size.

"What was that?" Kodachi blinked.

"Magic," Ranma noted as she closed the locket and clasped its chain around her neck.

"Ah, of course. Indulgent, but convenient."

"Well, the dojo should be cleaned by now, I apologize for making a mess." The fairy bowed. "And thank you for helping me get dressed and –uh- I wish you the best of luck in securing your love... Dear Sister," the redhead awkwardly added at the end.

A genuine smile fluttered across Kodachi's face. "Flattery suits you, Lady Titania. And while, in the abstract, I can see why you love my brother I am concerned about my brother's judgment.

"That he saw you for the lady you are before your fae powers awakened is alarmingly perceptive."

Ranma laughed. "Dearest 'dachi, I'm thinking that was luck. Recall, that he also perused Akane. My Tatewaki is many things, but a great judge of femininity he is not."

Kodachi's vicious smile returned. "Oh, hohoho! I like this catty side to you... Dearest Sister."

Ranma giggled, and brightened at Kodachi's pained wince.

As they left the room, Kodachi eyed Ranma's silver ivy leaf earrings and the silver vine patterns edging the redhead's bracelets. "Tell me, Titania-chan, do the fae have powers over plants?"

"Uh yeah, quite a bit really, why?"

"Interesting," Kodachi glanced down the hallway they were transversing. "I might have to ask your help on the grounds-keeping."

"You want to make your toxic flowers prettier?"

"Something like that," Kodachi started walking towards the dojo. A pair of servants in black and green-trimmed uniforms bowed and slipped out ahead of her. She gave the fairy one final look. "My brother has granted you full use of the Estate. Perhaps you can help me maintain the grounds." Her wintry smile returned. "Perhaps we'll even enjoy each other's company Lady Titania."

The fairy nodded. "Perhaps so, Dearest Sister." She turned down a hallway and found herself on a sweeping stone-cut patio. Bounding down the stairs, she fluttered over to a small wooded glen.

She crossed a wooden bridge that arced over a babbling stream and curved around to a large pool. Artfully trimmed pines and miniature maple trees dotted the edge of the carefully placed pond. On the water's edge was a large sandy embankment.

A shaft of sunlight pierced down from in-between the trees. Sitting in the warm sun spot was a giant wolf and an even larger crocodile.

The wolf slowly panted with his mouth open and the crocodile sat in a similar, if more stilled position. Between them was a pile of brightly colored koi. The large fish appeared to be freshly dead having been pulled straight from the pond.

"Made a new friend?" Ranma asked as she touched down. She was careful to keep Wolf between her and the misleadingly named "Mr. Turtle".

"He's not a great conversationalist, but we share some of the same tastes." Wolf grabbed one of the koi in his mouth and tossed it to the crocodile who snapped it up "How about you?"

Ranma shrugged. "Pretty-much the same."

"So, how are you handling being a fairy?" Ranma asked Kuno after he opened the door for her. According to Minako this behavior of Kuno's was actually a desirable trait in a... boyfriend.

"I have made adjustments," Kuno admitted, his normal bravado slipping slightly.

"Well you knew there would be a price to pay." Ranma smirked as she adjusted her dress. From their sparing earlier she had some idea as to the changes his body had gone through. "Mom! I'm home!" she then announced.

Another redheaded fairy flittered down the stairs. Trailing glitter, her wings fluttered lightening her steps. She wore a brief kimono and carried a slim leather folder. Compared to her Nodoka's translucent blue and green kimono, Ranma's sky blue dress was downright demure. Though both garments had plenty of accent-work.

Nodoka's had blue and green saw-tooth and wave patterns, while Ranma had silver spirals adorning the edges of her stockings and dress that matched her corset.

Her fiance had managed to change into a nice green suit. Once again Ranma cursed the glitter production of female fairies.

"Lovely to see you two," Nodoka's smile brightened. "Did you two have fun practicing?"

"Mom!" Ranma groused while Wolf snickered.

"You two were talking about adjustments and prices," Nodoka reminded.

"No price is too small to pay for my goddess!" Kuno triumphantly assured.

"Really? I hope you mean that," Ranma skeptically stated.

Kuno took her hands in his. "There is nothing I wouldn't do for you! Isn't the successful end of my quest proof enough?"

Ranma blushed, her hands felt warm within his. "Well.... I mean... I never liked you!"

"No need to be coy anymore, my love! Come let us announce our coming union to the world! Even my horrible sister approves of our love!"

"I can't believe it. I'm actually going to marry you." Ranma sighed.

"It's not so bad dear." Nodoka interjected. "He's a much better catch than my husband, but you are a queen, and it's great that you're starting to look the part." She was pleased at how well the gown and looked on her, especially with the new undergarments Ranma was wearing.

"I shall not fail you," Kuno promised Nodoka. "Your daughter is in the best of hands.

"I would hope that I could trust my daughter's future husband on an unchaperoned date." She tapped the folder against her side.

"I'm doomed," Ranma sighed.

"What exactly are you worried about?" Wolf asked.

"Worry not. I will protect you from any doom," Kuno assured.

Ranma shoot Kuno a glare. "You're the doom I need protecting from."

"My Goddess? But I am to be your husband." Slight confusion and worry had entered his eyes. Things had been working for him, he could not go back to before his fiancee's "awakening".

"Um, right."

"What's wrong dear?" Nodoka asked.

"Nothing... I just need to lay down for a bit," Ranma said as she stood up and shot a glare at Kuno. "And not with my fiance!"

"Of course not!" Kuno chuckled. "We're so much closer than that."

"Uh.... okay." Ranma shook her head.

"Here, let me help you to your chambers," Kuno said as she took her arm.

"Uh... get you hand off my butt." Ranma brushed aside his arm. He did not grab or do anything too perverted, it really just felt... odd. Yes, Ranma assured herself that it was strange.

"Sorry, my love."

"And get your hands off my tits too."

"Yes, my queen."

"I'll give you the files before you leave," Nodoka shouted as the pair retreated to the bedroom. Wolf loped behind the two.

Ranma stopped in front of the door to her room. "Okay... why are you listening to me? What gives with that?"

"Tis a husbands duty to look after the welfare of his wife is it not?"

"So, I finally got you to listen to me and it's when we're getting married." Ranma sighed. "I hate my life."

"Fear not! I, the Blue Thunder, will assure your happiness!"

"Will you withdraw from this marriage?" Ranma raised a ruby eyebrow.

"I shall not even consider tarnishing your honor with such a thought," Kuno said with a slightly contemplative look

"You don't need him to do that," Wolf reminded.

Ignoring him, Ranma pouted. "How will you make me happy then?"

"I shall do everything within the demands of honor to make you happy," Kuno promised.

"You're serious? You'll do what I want?" Ranma wondered why her life was such a joke. It really was easy to get Kuno controlled; one just had to marry him.

"Within the boundaries of honor," Kuno reminded.

Ranma fiddled with her door jamb. "So, I'm stuck with you as my husband... but..."

"But what, my love?"

Ranma blushed. "This is hard for me, okay!" She felt herself balancing between two chasms, one of black spiraling despair, the other of fluffy sparkling glitter.

"Tis all right, my love. We all fear the unknown," Kuno said as he embraced the unresisting queen.

"I... I..." Ranma sighed and wrapped her arms around him. "You are much less annoying now. I'll give you that." She leaned her head on his chest. It could be easy... so easy.

"Then fear not, for I will be beside you until the end of time." He broke the hug and posed heroically. "You will make it through the frightening trials of matrimony!"

" I'm not afraid! I'll show you! I'll beat this wedding thing. No one'll be a better bride... " Ranma blinked. Her antennae drooped. "Wait..."

Nodoka had just left the bathroom at the other end of the hall and walked up to them "That's the spirit!"

"But... but... gah! I almost wish we could be married now." Ranma said with embarrassment. "Get this over with."

Wolf's ears perked forward.

"That can be arranged," Nodoka assured.

Ranma's face blanked in fear.

"Yes! if that is what you desire, my love. I can make the arrangements immediately."

"Hell with it." Ranma narrowed her eyes. "It gets the wedding over and then you can have your way with me . That is all you want from me." She was reassured to have confirmed Kuno's base motives. The universe made so much more sense when he was a clueless pervert, instead of a clueless... fiance.

Kuno was aghast. "Of course not. I want your love."

"Wait, you do?"

"Of course! our children must be conceived in love!"

Ranma's antennae twitched. "That's not helping."

"It is my love for you drives me," Kuno assured.

Ranma opened the door to her room and stepped inside. "Well yah won. You got me now. So what'ya gonna do now?" she asked through the open doorway.

"I prefer to think of it as a reward for my tireless devotion to you."

"But I don't love you. I only now just barely stand you," Ranma asserted.

"Now, now my daughter, we all know you're at least good friends with your fiance." Nodoka reminded.

"I shall wait for your love for me to bloom. I have waited this long, a little longer is of no consequence," Kuno promised. "Our activities today prove our complementary nature."

Ranma sat down on the chair in front of her vanity and blinked. "You'd... wait?"

"Of course! love is something that must be shared between two."

"I... that's almost sweet of you, Kuno," Ranma warmly smiled and had to stop herself.

"Foundations built in haste make for unstable houses."

"And yet you kept after me...." Ranma tilted her head. "You're scared too!"

"Nonsense! I'm merely concerned for my love's well-being."

Ranma leaned forward and gave a saucy smile. "All your dreams are coming true and you don't know what to do."

Kuno looked away.

"Awww. Again, that's almost sweet."

"It's nice to see you getting along with your husband to be," Nodoka laughed as she pushed Kuno into Ranma's bedroom.

"Holy.... gah! I am!"

"See? It is not as bad as you imagined," Nodoka smiled as Kuno nervously walked a bit closer to Ranma.

"I'm.... I'm.... I'm going to be a wife. Aren't I?"

"Yes Dear, And it's 'am I not'. " Nodoka gently corrected.

"Yes Mother." Ranma turned to Kuno. "You really do love me? And you'll... wait for my love?" It was almost endearing, the lummox was so hopelessly in love that he would wait forever, confident that things would turn out his way. She wondered how long she could string things out... she did have very good balance.

She blanched or would have if not for her deeply tanned skin. She wondered how much of this was the fairy magic and how much was... herself.

"I swear to wait as long as it takes, Ranma" Kuno assured. "I shall wait as long as my queen needs to return her feelings for me. Freely," Kuno emphasized the last word.

"What if... if I ever do begin to love him? Will I even be me anymore?" As Ranma dabbed at her eyes, she cursed that magic box that had turned her into this.

"You will always be you," Nodoka assured.

"I will?" Ranma looked down to her thin, delicate, deeply tanned arms.

Nodoka nodded. "That is one thing you'll always be."

"I see... wait... Kuno... you've been calling me Ranma. So do you know now?"

"Of course I know. One would have to be stark raving mad not to." Kuno laughed.

"Mad... but.... My head hurts."

"That reminds me, here's the paperwork," Nodoka slipped the leather folder to Kuno.

Ranma's eyebrow raised.

"Just some documents and forms. It'll help settle your accounts with the Kuno Estate, among other things," Kuno explained.

"You'll just handle that? Wait what things?"

"Well, your records show you of the wrong gender, height, and stature. I've provided your birth documentation, copies of the family registry and some new photos."

"I'm confident the family lawyers can straighten things out," Kuno assured.

Ranma's head swam. She had not considered that aspect of being a fairy. All her identification and history was wrong but Kuno... Kuno could "fix" all that.

Noticing the redhead's ill-expression, Kuno moved closer. "Perhaps you should lay down, here, let me help you."

"Hey!" She stopped when Kuno gently picked her up and laid her on her bed. "Oh... thanks."

"Ohhhh, what a lovely couple," Nodoka said as she clasped her hands together and walked away.

"Damn straight." Ranma confidently smirked sitting down on her bed. "At least I got a good hus..." She shook her head. One of her legs had been lifted up and bursts of pleasure started to arch up from her toes to her sole then to her thigh.

She looked down and saw a pair of large masculine hands holding a tiny foot. "Uh Kuno... do you hafta massage my feet?"

Kuno looked up from his work. "Does it bother you, by love?"

Ranma blushed. "No not really."

"Oh my. How wonderful," Nodoka said peeking into the room.

"Mom!"

"I understand. You two need some privacy"

"Yes!" Ranma blushed again and caught herself. "No!"

Wolf shook his head.

"Whatever your heart commands," Kuno said, still massaging.

Despite herself, Ranma smiled at the massaging. "Okay. I'm good."

Kuno nodded. "What is your desire for this fine day?"

"I assumed we would go out on a date this evening." Ranma froze mid-shrug. She assumed. She automatically expected a date with Tatewaki, like it was normal. Naturally, she did not even consider whether or not he would consent to it.

"I shall relish it." Kuno started working on her ankles. "What about before that? Is the meeting still on?"

Gasping, Ranma reflexively pulled back her leg, or tried to. Kuno was positioned with her leg braced against his as he worked.

"Yeah, we should be getting ready to meet those Sailor Senshi at three. We'll be at that little dessert café I like."

Tatewaki smiled. "These would be the magical maidens allied with your predecessor?"

"Yeah." Ranma giving a dreamy smile leaned back. It was nice to have all the stress worked out of her. "I planed for... Uh you can come if you want. I'm brining Wolf, and Usagi's bringing her fiance."

A frown crossed Tatewaki's face. "Regrettably, I have that appointment with the family's legal counsel around that time."

"Oh? That won't interfere?" Ranma lifted her other foot and offered it to Kuno.

"Hopefully not. It's simply setting up arrangements for our coming nuptials. Identification, bank access, and so forth. As you will become a Kuno."

Ranma winced. "That almost makes me want to use Titania's family name." The redhead noticed Kuno hurt frown. "Tatchi... it's not you.... I mean your sister and your father."

"Indeed, much of my kin have sullied the reputation of a great family, but with your love it can be great again! Once more the Kuno will nobly serve royalty. As is their place."

Ranma gave a soft smile, and then quickly killed it in realization of what she was feeling warm and fuzzy about.

"The café is rather close to the law offices. It would be completely proper for you to take advantage of the family limousine."

"Right... because I'm family too," Ranma sighed. "Well... thank you. It's a bit too long to fly, and that will really beat taking the train." Packing people tightly around a glittery fairy did not make for a... pleasant journey.

"And after I conclude my business I can return to your side," Kuno assured.

I'd like to thank my pre-readers. They read through my most egregious mistakes so you don't have to. J St C Patrick, Pale Wolf, DGC, Kevin Hammel, and Crimson Vixen.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Re: Windborne ch3 (Starting Scenes)

Postby Gnudist » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:01 pm

After several seconds, she slowly shook her head. "Her wings began to flutter. "Come on, I think I can see your sword."

extra quote mark there. made my brain go all derpy for a sec.
In her home in U'sagi dead serenity waits dreaming.
Gnudist
Moon Senshi

Re: Windborne ch3 (Starting Scenes)

Postby Sunshine Temple » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:11 pm

D'oh. Fixed it.

Thanks for the comment!
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes