Pretty Monsters Project : Outlines and Scenes

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Pretty Monsters Project : Outlines and Scenes

Postby Blackcat101 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:24 pm

***old stuff, before adding touhou***

This is basically a mayor rewrite of what little I did of "Pretty Monster Sailor Moon"
SPOILER - Show Spoiler

The main difference is that is set in the Ranma 1/2 universe instead of the Sailor Moon universe. And yes, it involves Ranma and Monster Girls. I could have easily continued with Pretty Monster Sailor Moon and just add Ranma to it, but I got a dare by Veedramon to write a Ranma story that wasn't a crossover. Please take into account this a story in progress, so many things may change from the final draft. Some other dares where added to the mix, here is the list:

*The story CAN'T be a crossover.

*Ranma defeats Genma and runs away, so he doesn't meet the Tendos for the first time until later.

*Ranma somewhat expends one year with the amazons.

*Ranma had been brainwashed at some point

*Use Shampoo's dad as a villain.

*Any OC used that isn't a villain had to be weaker than Akane or not know martial arts.

Some things will happen no matter what, but as they say, the devil is in the details.

It was a rainy night in the Minato district, in the Azabu-Juuban ward, suddenly some yelling could be heard.

"COME AND GET ME IF YOU CAN YOU STUPID PANDA! YOU ARE SLOW AS A SNAIL!"

The people on the shopping street turned their heads at the shouting. A young redhead girl about sixteen years old came running out of a side alley, sticking her tongue behind her. The onlookers' eyes went wide, as suddenly a large panda followed the girl out onto the street. It seemed to chase the youth, but the girl was evading easily and shouting back, while she kept taunting the panda and throwing insults at it.

"YOU ARE THE WORST FATHER EVER! YOU ARE AS MANLY AS CHERRY SMELLING SOAP, ONCE MOTHER FINDS OUT WHAT YOU DID SHE WILL TURN YOU INTO A NICE PANDA RUG!"

"Growf!" The Panda growled looking annoyed and swiped at the girl with his clawed forepaws. The redhead whipped around and assumed a fighting stance.

"You only need one hit, and I will let you take me to the Tendos, but think you can do it old fool?" It seems the girl had decided to stop yelling and there was a dangerous look in her eyes.

Amazingly the panda stood up straight and took a similar, very human pose. He stroke, his claws swishing through the air, narrowly missing the dodging girl, it became clear to everyone than that was no regular panda, yet it looked too real to just be a person wearing a a Panda Costume.

The girl grinned, while she ducked and weaved left and right, avoiding every strike the panda threw at him. She then started to lead the panda into a downward spiral pattern, taunting him.

The onlooking people was very surprised as the two fighters tried to hit each other, but while the panda seemed to really want to hit her, to those with some knowledge of the art it was quite obvious the girl was missing on purpose. Finally the girl sidestepped yet another more of the Panda's blows and send an uppercut in the air that missed yelling "Hiryu Shoten Ha!"

To everyone's surprise, that missing blow created a tornado that blew the angry panda into the sky, making him land haft a block away. While the panda did his best effort to stand up as quickly as he could, he looked quite beaten up, so that took him several minutes. By the time he finally stood up, the redhead was gone.

The Panda took a sign out of nowhere that probably had something important written in it, but the rain quickly washed the ink away before anyone could read it. Looking even more annoyed, the panda started to walk away, heading to the Nerima ward while most people decided to pretend that nothing happened because of how bizarre it was.

Ryoga Hibiki almost jumped out of joy. Finally! He had found Ranma Saotome, now he would make him pay! Sure, besides his directional problem, he had been sidetracked a bit. But because of that he had found a Sensei that had trained him so he could defeat Ranma. Ryoga at first didn't feel like he needed the training, but after watching the guy destroy a huge boulder with just a finger... he had wanted that power. After all, Ryoga wasn't stupid, he knew the reason Ranma had left in the first place was because he was doing a training trip, and there was a limit on how much training just traveling around and getting out of dangerous situations could get him. The nerve of Ranma, to defeat him in front of everyone in their old school instead of accepting to wait later for a duel, saying he 'wasn't willing to wait for days until Ryoga found the damn place'!

Of course Ryoga wasn't gonna to just accept defeat, he had decided to go after Ranma for a rematch and get whatever training he could on the way.

Then... he had heard of some famous training grounds, the guide had tried to warn him, but he was too careless and didn't listen... wait... why had he gone to those training grounds again? Well, probably to get training and be able to defeat Ranma, but... what he got instead was an horrible curse.

And then that strange yet beautiful woman had approached him, offered him a deal, and instead of being cured, he got an even WORSE curse. Of course, it was all Ranma's fault, if he hadn't won their fight then... okay it didn't sound very logical, but he wanted to beat the crap out of Ranma anyway. Now, the first rule of the Kuma Ryu was...

He approached Ranma, smiling at him "Hey Ranma, how have you been?"

"Ryoga? Ryoga Hibiki? Man is been like, a year? How have you been?"

"Not very well, but I am gonna be better now." Ryoga took out a bottle of water, opened up and threw all the contents over Ranma, turning him into a cute redhead girl. The lost boy then turned into a blur and punched the surprised girl.

The first rule of the Kuma Ryu was cheating.
Last edited by Blackcat101 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Re: Pretty Monsters:: Outlines and Scenes

Postby Blackcat101 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:36 pm

***old stuff, before adding touhou***

Part 3

I am not happy with this part, may have to rewrite it again when I get more inspired.

IIIIII

Ranma opened his eyes and light almost blinded him. "Everything... hurts." He noted that his voice was female. Just great, that must mean he was still in the form of a cute and busty redhead girl, stupid curse. Had the panda finally knocked him out and dragged him to Nerima? They had a deal and Ranma had won their fight, but Genma's wasn't the most honorable person. It was a real shame she didn't have the address where her mother lived or she could send an anonymous letter to her mother, casually informing her of Genma's location. Who, having lost Ranma, would be in trouble, even if he ran from her, or hid from her, it would keep him out of Ranma's hair for a while.

Thinking well about it, making a deal saying that Genma had to only hit her once to win wasn't the smartest thing the redhead had done, but she had needed him to be overconfident, sloppy and angry, or the Hiryu Shoten Ha won't have worked. The rain had also been a blessing in disguise, since that way Genma had to endure her insults and couldn't insult back, because Ranma didn't speak panda language. Ranma didn't knew about her father little signs trick, because he didn't use it during their battle.

"Well, after the beating that bandana guy gave you, I am not surprised." The stranger's had a young, childlike voice.

Ranma was lying down on a bed, and a small girl was standing next to her, leaning between her and the overhead light. Her hair was black and long, let loose over her shoulders. And her eyes where golden? Now that was a estrange eye color... Ranma almost thought she was an Amazon but quickly discarded it. That was because the girl was wearing a black and gray school uniform, the kind that private schools have. She was cute, for a ten year old.

Her headache died slightly as the girl provided shade, Ranma silently thanked the small respite to her sensitive eyes. But it was still annoying, that Ryoga... how had he got so strong? Ranma had expended a whole year training with the Chinese Amazons before they discovered that their new 'sister' was a boy, and so Ranma had to run away for his life. So is not is not like he had been slacking off in his training. Is true that Ryoga had cheated by turning Ranma into female, but still, the fact Ranma was faster as a girl should have compensated not being as strong as a boy. Plus Ranma had expended a whole year as a girl, if anything she should have fought BETTER as a girl, not worse. That was quite estrange, maybe the Amazons had done something to her?

"I ain't gonna marry you," She croaked. It was more of an intuitive response than anything, sure the girl looked too young to marry the sixteen year old boy known as Ranma Saotome, but Genma had engaged the martial artist to a lot of girls, at least that's what it said in the stupid panda journal. He even sold him once then stole him back, better be safe than sorry.

The girl leaned back, a mock up shocked expression on her face, and the light returned, making Ranma-chan headache worse. "Ow." It wasn't as bad as before, but the lost boy was gonna get it... as soon as Ranma-chan did some serious training, Ryoga had totally outclassed her. Her pride was hurt, but one of the lessons she had learned during her year in china was that there were a thousand lessons in defeat and none in victory.

Ranma-chan sat straight up, clutching her head, making her body hurt even worse, she felt dizzy, but endured it. Her breasts tried to drag her torso forward, snapping back and wobbling at the abrupt stop. After one year she still couldn't get used to the damn things, she was even considering having a sport Bra ready for when he turned female, even more since the things had got slightly bigger. After all, she had used female underwear in her time with the amazons, and only her stubbornness had made her drop everything female when she reached Japan. Of course just then, the stupid panda had to find her.

"What the hell did he do to get that strong? Weight Lifting cargo trucks?" She was too hurt to care if she was talking out loud. And she knew that whatever Ryoga did was more than just strength training, he had known about the Hiryu Shoten Ha after all.

The girl's face popped in front of her again, looking rather outraged. "The bandana boy? No idea, but before I chased him away he was bragging that he got trained by The Devil of Martial arts himself. How bad does your body hurt? I checked and you aren't bleeding or anything."

Ranma-chan leaned back slightly, then just decided to lay lazily on the bed, she was tired, hungry and hurt, and it didn't look like the girl wanted to injure her, better try to enjoy the peace while it lasted. "It's getting better." Ranma-chan looked around the room and saw girls stuff. But there were a few manga on display in the corner that weren't very girly, though, like those giant robots and series usually preferred by boys.

She then eyed the girl warily. "Okay, not that I ain't thankful for the help, but who are you and where I am?" It was time to find if this nice girl was her fiance or not.

The little girl blinked, looking confused for a minute, then smiled cheerfully. "Oh, my name is Sakura Kiseki and this is my room. You are in the Minato district, in the Azabu-Juuban ward. Do you want some painkillers? I can go get them."

"No, that's fine. And I'm still not marrying you." Ranma-chan regretted saying those words as soon as their left her mouth, she must be sounding crazy, a redhead girl telling another girl, who didn't knew about her curse, that she wouldn't marry her.

"Well, that's not the reason I saved you. I saved you because it was the right thing to do, was he your ex boyfriend or something?"

"No, just some idiot that thinks all his problems are my fault."

"So... want something to eat? I am not good at cooking, but sandwiches I can do."

"Sure." Ranma-chan smiled, it was rare for someone to be so kind with the redhead, probably the small girl wanted to use her for something, in her experience everyone always wanted something. But she was a guest and wanted to be polite.

The sandwiches tasted great, not as good as her ex friend Shampoo would have made them, but good anyway. Ranma-chan found herself quickly warming to the girl, even telling her a bit about her life so far. Yet avoiding to tell her about the fact she was really a guy and about the fact Chinese amazons wanted to kill a certain gender changing martial artist.

"Miss Ranma your life seems pretty hard! If I where you I would have reported your dad for child's abuse long ago."

"Well, I would like to, but... I am a runaway. I have nowhere to go, my mother..."

"Is she... gone?" By the look on Sakura's face made Ranma realize what the small girl was thinking

"She... she has a pretty strange idea of what I should be, and would very likely kill me because of some stupid contract done long ago. And while I would glad to be what my mother wants me to be, I can't." That sure had been very careful wording about her mother probably killing her for being unmanly.

"So you really are that freaked out of cats?" Sakura said, hoping to change the subject

"Yes, why? You don't have one of those furry little devils in your house, do you?" Ranma-chan looked around nervous, expecting a cat to jump from the shadows and attack her.

"No... just curious, why don't you get help?"

"I ain't crazy and I don't need to go to a shrink!" Ranma-chan blurted out, that was rude, Sakura was just a little girl and had only been helpful to her. "Sorry, is just that... as I told you, I am a runaway, money is not something I have a lot of..."

"Miss Ranma, this neko-ken stuff seems serious. You may end hurting someone really bad, or even killing. You do need therapy!" Sakura crossed her arms looking serious

"I... well... " Ranma-chan didn't want to offend the girl anymore than she just did. "Is not like I can stay long in some place and get a good paying job with being just sixteen and my level of education,okay?"

"Well, you are a skilled martial artists with many talents right?"

"Yes, why, do you have some idea of what I could do?" With Ranma's curse, waitress of maid seemed like the only kind of jobs she could get and hope to keep, and she wasn't looking very fond of those.

"Well... I dunno." Ranma-chan hope that Sakura would stop insisting faded away when the little girl smiled. "Hey I know! You could be my nanny! My parents have good jobs, they would pay you well."

"What?" Ranma-chan looked at the girl incredulously. "But... but... we just meet, and you can't just decide stuff like that out of the blue. I mean, I don't have previous experience, or references and.."

"Okay, how about this, I will just ask my parents, and if they say no, then I will stop nagging you about it, deal?" Sakura extended her small hand to the redhead

"Uh... okay..." Ranma-chan shake the hand.

"By the way... why do you keep saying stuff about marring you? You didn't notice I am a girl or something? Blurry vision? Maybe is a concussion, should I call a doctor?"

"No, is not that I... My dad promised by hand in marriage to... to a lot of people. And I guess I was a bit confused."

"Okay!" Sakura smiled happily "Can you stand up and walk? You should wait outside my house at some distance. We may both be girls, but my parents would still find strange to find you in my room."

"Right, so see ya later then?" Ranma stood up, she feel good enough to walk, wait. She didn't want to babysit a girl, but is not like she haven't been forced to do that kind of stuff as a... why had she done that anyway? Stay a year with the Chinese amazons? The more she thought about it the less sense it made. Well, no matter how much she though about the past, she couldn't change it, so why bother?

"Yes, I hope they accept you."

"Me too." Ranma waved goodbye to the girl and existed the house. When she looked back at it noticed it was more of a mansion than a house. Like Sakura had told her, she waited outside the house at some distance.
Last edited by Blackcat101 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Re: Pretty Monsters Project : Outlines and Scenes

Postby Blackcat101 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:05 pm

Pretty Monsters Project, now with touhou! (And yes I lost the dare, so now I have to make Veedramon a cameo of sorts)

Chapter 1 Not the usual beginning

It was a rainy night in the Minato district, in the Azabu-Juuban ward, suddenly some yelling could be heard.

"COME AND GET ME IF YOU CAN YOU STUPID PANDA! YOU ARE SLOW AS A SNAIL!"

The people on the shopping street turned their heads at the shouting. A young redhead girl about sixteen years old came running out of a side alley, sticking her tongue behind her. The onlookers' eyes went wide, as suddenly a large panda followed the girl out onto the street. It seemed to chase the youth, but the girl was evading easily and shouting back, while she kept taunting the panda and throwing insults at it.

"YOU ARE THE WORST FATHER EVER! YOU ARE AS MANLY AS CHERRY SMELLING SOAP, ONCE MOTHER FINDS OUT WHAT YOU DID SHE WILL TURN YOU INTO A NICE PANDA RUG!"

"Growf!" The Panda growled looking annoyed and swiped at the girl with his clawed forepaws. The redhead whipped around and assumed a fighting stance.

"You only need to defeat me and I will let you take me to the Tendos, but think you can do it old fool?" It seems the girl had decided to stop yelling and there was a dangerous look in her eyes.

Amazingly the panda stood up straight and took a similar, very human pose. He stroke, his claws swishing through the air, narrowly missing the dodging girl, it became clear to everyone than that was no regular panda, yet it looked too real to just be a person wearing a a Panda Costume.

The girl grinned, while she ducked and weaved left and right, avoiding every strike the panda threw at him. She then started to lead the panda into a downward spiral pattern, taunting him.

The onlooking people was very surprised as the two fighters tried to hit each other, but while the panda seemed to really want to hit her, to those with some knowledge of the art it was quite obvious the girl was missing on purpose. Finally the girl sidestepped yet another more of the Panda's blows and send an uppercut in the air that missed yelling "Hiryu Shoten Ha!"

To everyone's surprise, that missing blow created a tornado that blew the angry panda into the sky, making him land haft a block away. While the panda did his best effort to stand up as quickly as he could, he looked quite beaten up, so that took him several minutes. By the time he finally stood up, the redhead was gone.

The Panda took a sign out of nowhere that probably had something important written in it, but the rain quickly washed the ink away before anyone could read it. Looking even more annoyed, the panda started to walk away, heading to the Nerima ward while most people decided to pretend that nothing happened because of how bizarre it was.

IIIIIIIIII

The next day...

Ryoga Hibiki almost jumped out of joy. Finally! He had found Ranma Saotome, now he would make him pay! Sure, besides his directional problem, he had been sidetracked a bit. But because of that he had found a Sensei that had trained him so he could defeat Ranma. Ryoga at first didn't feel like he needed the training, but after watching the guy destroy a huge boulder with just a finger... he had wanted that power. After all, Ryoga wasn't stupid, he knew the reason Ranma had left in the first place was because he was doing a training trip, and there was a limit on how much training just traveling around and getting out of dangerous situations could get him. The nerve of Ranma, to defeat him in front of everyone in their old school instead of accepting to wait later for a duel, saying he 'wasn't willing to wait for days until Ryoga found the damn place'!

Of course Ryoga wasn't gonna to just accept defeat, he had decided to go after Ranma for a rematch and get whatever training he could on the way.

Then... he had heard of some famous training grounds, the guide had tried to warn him, but he was too careless and didn't listen... wait... why had he gone to those training grounds again? Well, probably to get training and be able to defeat Ranma, but... what he got instead was an horrible curse.

And then that strange yet beautiful woman had approached him, offered him a deal, and instead of being cured, he got an even WORSE curse. Of course, it was all Ranma's fault, if he hadn't won their fight then... okay it didn't sound very logical, but he wanted to beat the crap out of Ranma anyway. Now, the first rule of the Kuma Ryu was...

He approached Ranma, smiling at him "Hey Ranma, how have you been?"

"Ryoga? Ryoga Hibiki? Man is been like, a year? How have you been?" Ranma had just set up camp in an abandoned lot, he seemed relaxed and totally unaware of the intentions of the lost boy.

"Not very well, but I am gonna be better now." Ryoga took out a bottle of water, opened up and threw all the contents over Ranma, turning him into a cute redhead girl. The lost boy then turned into a blur and punched the surprised girl.

The first rule of the Kuma Ryu was cheating.

IIIIIIIIII

Ranma opened his eyes and light almost blinded him. "Everything... hurts." He noted that his voice was female. Just great, that must mean he was still in the form of a cute and busty redhead girl, stupid curse. Had the panda finally knocked him out and dragged him to Nerima? They had a deal and Ranma had won their fight, but Genma's wasn't the most honorable person. It was a real shame he didn't have the address where his mother lived or he could send an anonymous letter to his mother, casually informing her of Genma's location. Who, having lost Ranma, would be in trouble, even if he ran from her, or hid from her, it would keep him out of Ranma's hair for a while.

Thinking well about it, making a deal saying that Genma had to only to defeat him once to win wasn't the smartest thing the redhead had done, but he had needed him to be overconfident, sloppy and angry, or the Hiryu Shoten Ha won't have worked. The rain had also been a blessing in disguise, since that way Genma had to endure his insults and couldn't insult back, because Ranma didn't speak panda language. Ranma didn't knew about her father little signs trick, because he didn't use it during their battle.

"Well, after the beating that bandana guy gave you, I am not surprised." The stranger's had a young, childlike voice.

Ranma was lying down on a futon, and a small girl twelve year old girl was standing next to him, leaning between her and the overhead light. her skin was strangely pale white, she had dark green eyes with long blond hair and was wearing a blue cape that had a white trim and markings. The cape was fastened to her neck with a yellow ribbon. She was wearing a long white and blue dress with red and green markings around its edges. She was also wearing white shoes despite being inside... of whatever place they where. All Ranma could notice the room was made of wood, and seemed old, that didn't tell him much.

His headache died slightly as the girl provided some shade, Ranma silently thanked the small respite to his for now sensitive eyes. But it was still annoying, that Ryoga... how had he got so strong? Ranma had expended a whole year training with the Chinese Amazons before they discovered that their new 'sister' was a boy, and so Ranma had to run away for his life. So is not is not like he had been slacking off in his training. Is true that Ryoga had cheated by turning Ranma into female, but still, the fact Ranma was faster as a girl should have compensated not being as strong as a boy. Plus Ranma had expended a whole year as a girl, if anything she should have fought BETTER as a girl, not worse. That was quite estrange, maybe the Amazons had done something to her? Why would HE expend a whole year as a GIRL willingly?

"I ain't gonna marry you," He croaked. It was more of an intuitive response than anything, sure the girl looked too young to marry the sixteen year old boy known as Ranma Saotome, but Genma had engaged the martial artist to a lot of girls, at least that's what it said in the stupid panda journal. He even sold him once then stole him back, better be safe than sorry.

The girl leaned back, a mock up shocked expression on her face, and the light returned, making Ranma headache worse. "Ow." It wasn't as bad as before, but the lost boy was gonna get it... as soon as Ranma did some serious training, Ryoga had totally outclassed him. His pride was hurt, but one of the lessons he had learned during his year in china was that there were a thousand lessons in defeat and none in victory. Now, if he just could find out what the hell had happened to make him be a DAMN GIRL for a whole year...

The redhead sat straight up, clutching her head, making her body hurt even worse, she felt dizzy, but endured it. Her breasts tried to drag her torso forward, snapping back and wobbling at the abrupt stop. After one year she still couldn't get used to the damn things, she was even considering having a sport Bra ready for when he turned female, even more since the things had got slightly bigger. After all, she had used female underwear in her time with the amazons, and only her stubbornness had made her drop everything female when she reached Japan. Of course just then, the stupid panda had to find her. Wait... she just did it again, didn't she? She was thinking of herself as a girl, it seemed whatever the amazons did had really messed up her head. At least it only happened when she was in her cursed form.

"What the hell did he do to get that strong? Weight Lifting cargo trucks?" She was too hurt to care if she was talking out loud. And she knew that whatever Ryoga did was more than just strength training, he had known about the Hiryu Shoten Ha after all.

The girl's face popped in front of her again, looking rather... well she seemed like she had some kind of private joke and was trying hard not to laugh or tell Ranma. "The bandana boy? No idea, but before I chased him away he was bragging that he got trained by The Devil of Martial arts himself. How bad does your body hurt? I checked and you aren't bleeding or anything. Of course if the worst happened and you died, I could enjoy the company of another lost soul. Amazing healing abilities by the way, almost... inhuman."

Ranma leaned back slightly, then just decided to lay lazily on the futon, she was tired, hungry and hurt, and it didn't look like the girl wanted to injure her, better try to enjoy the peace while it lasted. "It's getting better... and what the heck do you mean by lost soul?" Ranma looked around the room and saw girls stuff. But there were a few manga on display in the corner that weren't very girly, though, like those giant robots and series usually preferred by boys. Strange how it contrasted with the old run down look of the room.

"Oh that? Is a secret!" Ranma could swear that for a second the girl legs had disappeared and she saw a light-blue tail instead.

She then eyed the girl warily. "Okay, not that I ain't thankful for the help, but who are you and where I am?" It was time to find if this nice girl was her fiance or not... or more important, if Ranma should run away scared because the girl may be a ghost or evil spirit-.

The little girl blinked, looking spaced out for a minute, then smiled cheerfully. "Oh, my name is Mima and this is my room. You are in the Minato district, in the Azabu-Juuban ward. In a dull, small, run-down Shinto shrine that normal people usually ignore. Do you want some painkillers? I can go get them."

"Please don't take this the wrong way, but are you a ghost? And no drugs, my head is already pretty messed up, thank you."

"Oh, I am not really dead, but I am not exactly alive, I have tried several ways to be alive, and you are lucky I saw you in trouble when I am trying it by doing good deeds. Sure, I am still a thief, but no one is perfect, right?" Mima skin seemed to take on a more normal color after saying that, it was still pale, but at least now it looked human.

"Okay, I am sure you have as very interesting life or no life story... ehh could you get me some food and some water?" Ranma regretted saying those words as soon as their left her mouth, here she was, being so casual with a girl that just admitted being some kind of spirit. even if she claimed she wasn't a ghost. She must have been hit REALLY HARD in the head.

"No problem, helping a starving girl is a good deed after all." The small girl walked outside the room, thankfully using a door. Sure Mima had admitted not being human, but if Ranma saw her going trough the wall as if it wasn't there it would have freaked him out.

Ranma then took the change to look around the room, it was an old looking wood room, with a single glassless window and a door. The place looked so ancient that the girly stuff and the manga books looked really out of place. For a moment Ranma considered jumping out the window, but then decided against it. The spirit girl had been nice so far and running away could anger her.

The spirit girl soon came back, she had a bento full of food and a glass jar full of water. Ranma wondered where she had got the bento, sure the girl admited being a thief, maybe there was a school nearby or something? Mima placed the bento and the jar in the floor, then she waved her hand like a mage doing a magic trick and got a glass out of thin air.

"Here you go, by the way, what is your name? I have you my name and is rude if you don't give me yours."

"Ah right, sorry, my name is... Ran... Ranko." Ranma had no clue why she had lied about her name.

"That's an evident lie, but fine, if you want to be called Ranko, is okay for me."

"Thank you, you have been really nice with me," Ranma smiled, it was rare for someone to be so kind with the redhead, probably the small girl wanted to use her for something, in her experience everyone always wanted something. But she was a guest and wanted to be polite. Ranma stomach growled and remembered her that she needed to eat, she opened the bento and found different kind of sandwiches... and that was it.

The sandwiches tasted great, not as good as her ex friend Shampoo would have made them, but good anyway. Ranma found herself quickly warming to the girl, even telling her a bit about her life so far. Yet avoiding to tell her about the fact she was really a guy and about the fact Chinese amazons wanted to kill a certain gender changing martial artist. Sure the girl was some kind of supernatural being and was able to tell when Ranma lied, but is not like the redhead was willing to tell everything to someone she just meet.

"Ranko your life seems pretty bad! If I where you I would have killed your dad long ago. AHH! What I just said? I am supposed to be good now!" Ranma could swear she saw a bloody knife in Mima right hand for a second.

"Well, trust me, the idea of killing him has crossed my mind, but... I just can't. like it or not, he is my only family. Well, I there is my mother but I can't ever see her again."

"Is she... gone?" By the look on Mima's face made Ranma realize what the small girl was thinking. Wait, did the girl just got taller and look older? It must be a thing for whatever she is, after all she had seen her change a lot of times now.

"She isn't dead. She just... she has a pretty strange idea of what I should be, and would very likely kill me because of some stupid contract done long ago. And while I would glad to be what my mother wants me to be, I can't." That sure had been very careful wording about her mother probably killing her for being unmanly.

"So you really are that freaked out of cats?" Mima said, hoping to change the subject

"Yes, why? You don't have one of those furry little devils around here, do you?" Ranma looked around the room in panic, expecting a cat to jump from the shadows and attack her.

"No, but if you go outside you might find a cat or two..." Mima smiled with a mischievous grin

"Don't even joke about something like that!" Ranma said angry, then suddenly bowed down and apologized. "I... I am sorry for being rude, you have been nice and helped me."

"Ah is okay Ranko-chan. HUGS TIME!" The now not so small girl hugged her, Ranma noticed Mima now looked about sixteen, and that certain parts of her anatomy where touching her chest. Ranma blushed and gently tried to push her away. mima noticed how uncomfortable 'Ranko' looked and stooped the 'hugs time'.

"So, you basically have nowhere to go, right?" Mima said, there was a wicked smile in her face, it was somewhat scary.

"Yeah... why? Can I stay with you for a while or something?"

"Not quite, but you could go... to a secret place. No crazy amazons or stupid panda there, I promise."

Ranma opened her mouth in shock, then closed it again "You... you know? How?"

"Oh, I did read your mind when you where unconscious by possessing you. To be honest I was hoping you died so I could use your body to be alive again, but when you started to get better I decided to be good." Mima said that with a straight face, and no sign of regret at all about hoping that Ranma died so she could get the redhead body.

"Okay... " Ranma just sat there is silence, not knowing what to do or say

"Ohh you will fit there just fine!" Mima smiled happily "Can you stand up and walk? I better get you to Gensokyo fast. After all lost boy and baka panda could get here soon, right?"

"Well... could you at least tell me about this Gensokyo place first?" While Ranma had got a curse that turned the martial artist into a girl, this sure was the most bizarre day in her entire life.

"Ah right god idea Ranko, I am proud of you! Well, basically Gensokyo is a land of wonder, magic and horror filled with pretty monster girls called youkai. Most youkai eat humans, so you should be careful. Also most youkai if not all can fly, and so can do some humans with a bit of magic. Conflicts in Gensokyo are usually resolved by Danmaku battles. Danmaku battles are aerial fights where two opponents shot a barrage of magical energy blasts to each other until one wins. Those battles aren't usually to the death, but the loser of the Danmaku battle has to do what the winner wants."

"Uh... in case you didn't notice when you read my memories, I can't fly or shot magical energy blasts, so I don't think I would fit in this Gensokyo."

"Oh, you sure are a genius, aren't you?" Mima grinned "To be honest I wanted to have fun and see if you survived long enough to get that dumb shrine maiden to have a Danmaku battle with you. But... I said I was gonna be good, didn't I? Tell you what, I will train you. Flight and Danmaku battles aren't usually possible outside Gensokyo, but I can enter your mind while you sleep and create a pretty good simulation instead. But, since this goes a bit beyond being a good Samaritan, I might ask you for a favor or two later. Okay?"

"What stops me for just running away right now instead?" Ranma just felt she had to ask

"Well, let's see, bandanna boy wants to kill you, so do those crazy amazons, and your dad wants you to marry girls you don't know. And if you think all that isn't bad enough, I am sure you will get more trouble soon."

Ranma remembered all the things she had read in her dad diary, well journal since men don't have such a girly thing as a diary, and had to agree despite herself.

"So, why fighting with cute girls that want to eat me would be better?" Again, Ranma just felt she had to ask

"Oh... good question... well, you see, hmm." Mima seemed to really think what to say for a minute or two

"You don't have a good answer do you?" Ranma said triumphantly
"Oh I know! Because I saved your life so you owe me one! Besides your male form is quite handsome, some youkai might have other ideas besides eating you!"

"Stupid martial arts code... " Ranma mumbled, not really caring about what Mima said about the fact some pretty monster girls might want to have fun with him.

"What did you said? Did you said 'Mima you have saved my life so I will go to Gensokyo after you generously train me, and I will one day get good enough to trash that stupid flat chested shrine maiden' Oh my! You are a great girl Ranko!"

"Yeah, whatever. I just knew it, no one does anything for free. You are gonna use me to get revenge on that shrine maiden, right?" Ranma decided to give up and just accept it, after all running away would meant betraying the code. And unlike the baka panda, he considered himself honorable. It was just that Genma had broke his word so many times that Ranma considered any honor promise made by his father wasn't valid.

"Again, bravo, you are a genius!" Mima again hugged Ranma, but this time she again looked like a small girl, so there wasn't any reason to blush.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Re: Pretty Monsters Project : Outlines and Scenes

Postby Dumbledork » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:16 am

This version is much more interesting I think. I don't know much about Touhou, but this loos promising. Was Ryoga trained by a Touhou character to get so strong?
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes