Zatch Bell/Ranma Crossover?

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Zatch Bell/Ranma Crossover?

Postby AxelTheBunny » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:31 pm

So I've wanted to make a Zatch Bell and Ranma Crossover together for awhile now. Unfortunately I have several things which I havent been able to figure out. So I'll layout my idea so far as best as possible. Ranma has been weakened, though how I havent figured out but to the point where it isnt safe to remain in Nerima,between the day to day chaos as well as a string of new challengers who have come as a result of his defeating Saffron. So he's fled eventually ending up in Mochinoki city. Either while there or before he gets there he runs into Tia, or possibly another Mamodo. Ranma ends up becoming said Mamodo's partner. And from there Ranma takes Megumi's place within the Zatch Bell canon, causing changes and with the rest of the Nerimans coming in gradually, with some already being aware of Ranma's destination.

There are some things I know I want, such as Ranma having a mamodo with more support based spells, which is why i was thinking Tia's involvement would be interesting, but im unsure if i wanna use Tia or an OC mamodo. I feel like I'd prefer Tia simply because A. I like the character and B. She has support based abilities that are close enough to what I want.

I'm also unsure on why Ranma would be in Mochinoki city specifically. since it is a city outside of Tokyo

Would any of the Nerimans also ending up as partners to Mamodos be a good idea? I cant see all of them doing so but if I did decide on that anyone know who would be best for it?

I also need to Nerf Ranma somehow, since otherwise most Mamodo would be kind of curb stomped, and I'm not sure how I want to do that.

Anyone have any thoughts, hoping somebody here is familiar with Zatch Bell/Gash Bell enough to comment.
AxelTheBunny
Senshi Cadet

Re: Zatch Bell/Ranma Crossover?

Postby Pata Hikari » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:23 am

You do realize you don't need think up a reason for Ranma to be weakened when one exists in canon, right?

Diverge so that Ranma doesn't get the Weakness Moxibustion cured. So, he heads out with Akane carrying his stuff/protecting him like things were going in canon before Cologne cured him. (Whether they simply didn't find the missing piece of the chart or they managed to by perverse bad luck miss Cologne when leaving is up to you, though I'd go with the latter for the humorus irony, plus it might be a way for Ranma to get a power up later in the story for when Things Get Serious, me being only slightly familiar with Zatch Bell)

Ranma would be looking for an alternate cure which is why he'd be in a place far from Tokyo,.

At least you state in your plans the rest of the Ranma cast to show up. I hate how 90% of Ranma "crossovers" just strip out everything and put in basically an OC named "Ranma" into another series.
Pata Hikari
Senshi Cadet

Re: Zatch Bell/Ranma Crossover?

Postby AxelTheBunny » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:01 pm

The issue with that is that the moxibustion makes Ranma TOO weak. In canon it is described as leaving Ranma as weak as a newborn baby if i recall. I need Ranma brought down to a more reasonable level temporarily. using the Ultimate Weakness Moxibustion brings Ranma down TOO much. It could of course be as simple as Ranma trying to keep a relatively low profile, possibly trying to avoid a more powerful or influential fiancee Genma setup. I've seen that setup done well before, and it gives Ranma the option to release all the stops if needed. The issue most people dont realize is that the weakness moxibustion brings one down to an extreme, wherein even Gosunkugi would be able to beat him in a fight, that creates a completely new set of issues.
Of course I wouldnt doubt there are similar techniques, so that might be something on the right track, even if the Ultimate Weakness Moxibustion itself is too extreme a nerf.

But yes, many dont even bother characterizing Ranma anywhere close to canon and just stay in Nerima long enough to sever all Ranma's ties if at all. While I am not a fan of a few Ranma characters, namely Akane and Nodoka most of what makes the show fun comes from the side characters, It's much like when people bash characters in that the story becomes distracted from telling a story to "look see how terrible Ranma's life was/look how terrible this character is and watch me punish them!"
AxelTheBunny
Senshi Cadet

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes