Harry Potter Yugioh cross

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Harry Potter Yugioh cross

Postby Innortal » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:39 pm

Was a plot bunny I wanted to flesh out, hoping it was a sign of my muse returning.

Anyway, Dudley decides to get into the Duel Monsters fad, Harry picking up the cards Dudley tosses away/decides he doesn't want anymore after Vernon got him a better one. Before Hogwarts, Harry uses a mask, sneaks into a tournament Dudley is in, and makes it to the finals, with Pegasus watching, demonstrating the new Dueling Ring (think what was used on his island and Kaiba first faced Yugi and his grandfather in).

Not sure about how to give Harry some access to Shadow Magic. Either

By being the future Master of Death, he gets access to it
The remains of the gold used to create the Millennium Items was taken, a band made from them (ring for finger), that he comes across.
Anyway, because of it, Harry ends up creating cards based on his dead family, in effect, bringing them back as Duel Monster spirits (think how the Dark Magician came about). Started out with just his parents, may expand to his paternal grandparents as well.

But I need to define their abilities, because being magical, they would have effects.

Lily: Red Enchantress. She would have low defense points, but as long as she remains face-up and in defense mode for three turns (just like the 3 chances Voldie gave her), all attacks must hit her, she destroys all attacking monsters, Harry takes a 100 LP hit (like Harry getting the scar). Would work best with Swords of Revealing Light.

James: was thinking Erfking (with the stag helm) or maybe the Trickster King. The effect would have to do with pranking, maybe stealing a magic or trap card from opponent's deck and use instantly.

Dorea: Black Enchantress. Not sure of abilities or effect, but given her family name, I'd say something dark.

Charles: not sure, originally thought Runic King, but not sure if JKR gave him any backstory.

Ideas? Suggestions?
Innortal
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: Harry Potter Yugioh cross

Postby Spica75 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:37 am

Was a plot bunny I wanted to flesh out, hoping it was a sign of my muse returning.

Ooh, that could be fun.

By being the future Master of Death, he gets access to it

That would be extremely weak, not suggested.

Anyway, because of it, Harry ends up creating cards based on his dead family, in effect, bringing them back as Duel Monster spirits (think how the Dark Magician came about). Started out with just his parents, may expand to his paternal grandparents as well.

While i have zero knowledge of Yugioh, that idea actually sounds pretty damn awesome. And obviously such a "necromancer" can only be dark and excessively evil according to Dumbles... :mrgreen:

but not sure if JKR gave him any backstory

AFAIK, he and wifey are so unknown that it´s still unknown what exact relation they have to HP.

Dorea: Black Enchantress. Not sure of abilities or effect, but given her family name, I'd say something dark.

Maybe, but don´t forget she married away from dark families. Still though, minimal knowledge about them anyway so you can pretty much go wild in whatever direction you please.

Well, good luck on writing.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes