Ranma and Changelings

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Ranma and Changelings

Postby TattooTheDL » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:57 pm

Had a fic idea, stemmed out from a mega-crossover/Multiverse fic I've been working on for awhile now. Ranma was/is going to be pretty involved in that but the context was him learning about Changelings from the TTRPG Changeling The Lost by White Wolf Publishing, as part of their (New) World of Darkness setting.

My thought for this was two fold, one recent, one not, of having that setting and Ranmaverse be one and the same, for the purposes of these stories.

Primary credit for the ideas comes from a friend who said with all the craziness in Ranma's life, Nerima MUST be come kinda real-world fae...I forget what the term he used was, because that's not where I was going with it, but anyway.

Changeling the Lost Summary
The Fae/True Fae/Gentry are the cruel and malicious, almost all-powerful tricksters who lurk in Arcadia, a realm of magic. They habitually steal mortals from their homes and take them to their realm where they are twisted and altered into whatever form the Fae wants, from a 'consort' to a soldier, to a hunting dog, or even the clock sitting on the creature's mantlepiece. Every now and then, these people escape from Arcadia, back through the border between the real world and theirs, (The Hedge) but are left changed physically and magically by their experience.

A big theme of the game/setting is dealing with tragedy/trauma/loss because you are playing someone who went through a hellish experience and have to stay one step ahead of your captor, and dealing with the consequences of your captivity.

Concept 1

Nabiki Tendo is heartless, and everyone knows it. What no one realizes is that her cruel, unfeeling nature is because she is not a human being. She is a 'Fetch'; a magically made copy of the real Nabiki Tendo, who was kidnapped by a Fae the morning after Ranma and his father arrived in Nerima. While most fetches can pass for their counterparts almost perfectly, because even they don't realize that they're a fake, Nabiki's fetch knows it's not a real person, and is aiding the Fae that stole the original in screwing with Nerima, for its own amusement.

Then Nabiki manages to kill her captor, returns to Nerima, and tries to reclaim the life she'd had before being taken.

Summary: I'm going rather meta with this concept and need to look up a fair bit about CtL to make sure I don't overstep certain things, but the core remains the same. Many of the quirks of Nerima and it's citizens is because of Fae shenanigans and when Nabiki shanks her tormentor, all of it is undone and leaves many people reeling or very confused.

Chapter 1: The Amazon's wake up to find that Mousse can see. (Not WELL, but more than enough that he doesn't mistake a potted plant for a human being) and Shampoo doesn't speak with her usual semi-accent. (I CAN write her speech pattern, but won't for this fic)

Chapter 2: The Tendo's, where 'Nabiki' wakes up feeling sick, and Akane is thinking of Ranma in 'friendly' terms rather than a continual haze of annoyance/disdain/jealousy

Chapter 3: Kuno and Kodachi both go into fits when they suddenly realize the truth of Ranma's curse.

And so on. The chapters would be short and to the point, and I've got more than a few lined up, though I unfortunately lost track somewhere in the middle before suddenly skipping to the reveal that Nabiki has been 'missing' from Nerima for over a year, and everyone's reactions from that bombshell.

Concept 2
RANMA is a fetch, with the real one having been stolen when Genma put him through the Nekoken training. (The first time. The subsequent drops were done to the copy) In Arcadia, Ranma grew up as a combination of 'Attack-Cat' and pit-fighter, using what amounts to the true nekoken to kill for his masters amusement. It's left him bitter and cruel, especially towards Genma, as it's the old man's fault he was taken in the first place. When he escapes, he heads for Nerima to 'take care of' the fetch and Genma.

Summary: This one is gonna sound like a 'Darp' version of Ranma 1/2 (When you Grimdark to the point of Derp, it's Darp) but it's not a case of Ranma suddenly acting all moody and violent. Instead, the real Ranma arrives in town and brings confusion and a fair bit of fear to those around because; "Okay, Ranma has a twin brother who is WAY more violent and a lot Nastier! DEFCON 5!!"

Scene 1: a 'mysterious figure' pulls himself out of a pit in the middle of some woods, snarling "Oyajiii!!!"

Scene 2: Kodachi is headed to the dojo, and sees 'Ranma' walking along the canal. (No pigtail and not dressed in chinese clothes. She tries to give him some of her totally-not-laced-with-poison cookies, but is disrespected when he insults her and backhands them into canal. (he could smell they were tainted with something) When she attacks the 'Imposter' he shreds her ribbon and demands to know what her relationship is to him (the fetch) and backhands her for being lippy. (Done to emphasize the whole "Oh what the hell!?" from readers and Nerima, cause Ranma would never do that, even to Kodachi)

Scene 3: Kuno goes to the dojo and is in an unholy rage because Sasuke told him that "Ranma kidnapped Kodachi and beat her up". He ends up cowed into submission by Nabiki, (when he ran inside, he knocked over Kasumi which gave her a case of skinned elbows. Nabiki's older sister/surrogate mother being hurt = QUEEN OF HELL MODE) and about the time he explains what he was told, the real Ranma arrives and catches their attention. Ranma immediately flips out because (as a fetch) he can see through the Glamour/Mask of what looks like his twin, and see something that looks like a cross between him and a tiger, complete with tail, eyes, fangs, and fur.

There is more to summarize for both stories, but I'll add later as interest shows itself in either or cause at the moment, I need to get some work done.
TattooTheDL
Senshi Candidate

Re: Ranma and Changelings

Postby Innortal » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:25 pm

Both have their benefits. Might be a bit too meta for my tastes, but it could be a fun read, depending on how you pull off the worlds you are building, and the characters you develop (the 'originals').
Innortal
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes