A Certain Arrogant Horse

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Re: A Certain Arrogant Horse

Postby toushin » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:51 pm

There is a character named Yui Tatara with an ability similar to Accelerator called Total Reflect the only difference is that while Acclelerator’s redirection ability is automatic Yui has to consciously activate it. she overcomes this weakness by training her reflexes. Stella defeated her by through pure power she his hit Yui’s barrier which reflected the force of her attack shattering her arm only follow through and hit Yui with that shattered arm without any regard for her injury. If this was anybody else but Ranma I wouldn’t suggest it but with him it’s plausible. He’s already shown that he can heal from two shattered legs in two weeks and that was after being severely poisoned, set on fire, and having his face imploded from taking the antidote. Also the shattering was caused by falling from skyscraper like heights while carrying 4 people so this is something he could do while in the middle of battle. Especially if he is trying to save someone’s life. He hits Accelerator its reflected but instead of being pushed back he forces his way through and since outside of his ability Accelerator is relatively weak even being hit by the shattered arm of someone like Ranma will have a substantial effect.
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:13 pm

He’s already shown that he can heal from two shattered legs in two weeks and that was after being severely poisoned, set on fire, and having his face imploded from taking the antidote.

:mrgreen:

Stella defeated her by through pure power she his hit Yui’s barrier which reflected the force of her attack shattering her arm only follow through and hit Yui with that shattered arm without any regard for her injury.

Problem with Accelerator is that his power would just KEEP ON reflecting ALL of it. People have literally shot him with tank guns, and that just resulted in tanks going BOOM a moment later. His ability doesn´t have any useful limits unless you can start chucking asteroids of the dinokiller sized type on him.

His ability can certainly be tricked, but i´m pretty sure almost nothing is going to brute force itself through. That way lies only pain, lots and lots of pain. Potentially very shortly lasting but still.

He hits Accelerator its reflected but instead of being pushed back he forces his way through

No. Even the most overpowered interpretations of Ranma does not have enough force to even begin to compete with what Accelerator has shown to be capable of.

And Accelerator's reflection is by default equally reciprocating, the more force you throw at it, it comes back at you with exactly the same unless Accy consciously alters it. If you´re lucky you would end up being catapulted back the opposite direction of the attack, at breakneck speed and acceleration, literally breakneck.

If you´re NOT lucky, trying to force through would probably end up pulverising whoever was capable of striking hard enough.
Literally pulverising. Like an airplane flying into a solid steel barrier at extreme speed, nothing but dust left.

I think the expression you´re looking for right now is "OP PLZ NERF!". There´s good reason he´s still #1 even after brain surgery by bullet. Ridiculously overpowered.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby toushin » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:24 am

i'm currently reading the light novel I just finished volume 3 and would like to restart the debate on the ranma vs accelerator. I think ranma could actually defeat him though he would have a far easier time with PreHeadshot then post simply because of his training. Accelerator not only doesn't know how to fight because he replies so much on his ability he's actually relatively weak. touma is an average street fighter whos admitted if he ever had to fight more then one person at a time he'd run and even then it would have to be your average delinquent. he was able to beat accelerator even after mikoto almost killed him in a desperate attempt to get him to leave to matter alone. so touma who could barely move his legs and could only use one arm still beat him. a strike from ranma especially one burning with rage would pulverize him. then there is the nature of his redirection it only redirects the force of the attack itself. for the squishy wizards of this world this is mostly all that's needed but ranma is durable enough to withstand his own attack. yeah a punch or a ki blast would hurt but it wouldn't be anything to debilitating. to do real damage accelerator would have to physically touch ranma and that just aint happening. I don't think ranma could just muscle through though just that he has far less of a disadvantage then initially thought. ultimately I think it would come down to the hirushotenha ha and touma. the plasma storm involves compressing the surrounding air into a sphere so much that the atoms split. since the heat and the spiral is already provided all ranma would have to do is provide the cold energy. I think the result would be an energy spear continuously going back and forth between the two giving touma the opening he need.s

also dont have ranma go through the power circulation program ki manipulation provides a nice middle ground between personal reality and idol theory and would most likely be the wild card needed to stop Crowley from just killing him
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:56 pm

Accelerator not only doesn't know how to fight because he replies so much on his ability he's actually relatively weak.

Totally. Problem is that he's that clueless about how to fight "normally" because he doesn't need to except against bullshit haxxors that somehow nullify his power.

a strike from ranma especially one burning with rage would pulverize him.

As long as it actually got past his deflection? Sure.
Getting past it however, that's gonna be a big issue.

to do real damage accelerator would have to physically touch ranma

No? Why would he need that? Ranma may be capable of taking one helluva smackdown, but getting a 50 ton train engine dropped on him is still going to cause a lot of damage. Or having cars thrown at him, rapidly, at supersonic speeds. Or a million pieces of glass.
*ouchy*

That's the kind of absurd stuff he can pull with ease.

ultimately I think it would come down to the hirushotenha ha and touma. the plasma storm involves compressing the surrounding air into a sphere so much that the atoms split. since the heat and the spiral is already provided all ranma would have to do is provide the cold energy. I think the result would be an energy spear continuously going back and forth between the two giving touma the opening he need.

Seriously dangerous for Ranma, but might at least keep Accy busy yeah, though i doubt it will actually cause damage to him. Extra downside that it requires Accy to start using the plasma storm. And having to survive the storm while setting it all up.

Best chance for a functional attack, i still think is either coming up with his own version of the reversing punch(slight chance that even just superspeed punching might come close to doing this with only minor alteration), or making an improved version of the vacuum blades, modifying them so that when they hit, instead of trying to cut through intact, they "pop" and release the vacuum in an aimed fashion.
Would need some serious precision when using them, and they'd be considerably less effective against other targets(more like a hit from a much larger blunt weapon yet still just the same amount of force with each "blade", greatly reducing the impact from each), but might work.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby toushin » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:21 pm

Spica75 wrote:No? Why would he need that? Ranma may be capable of taking one helluva smackdown, but getting a 50 ton train engine dropped on him is still going to cause a lot of damage. Or having cars thrown at him, rapidly, at supersonic speeds. Or a million pieces of glass.

that's why I said ranma would have a better chance against pre headshot then post as post he is where he starts getting creative. preshot is just a berserker tired of dealing with people. he would only use redirect at first because his only though would be getting ranma out of the way not to kill him. ranma being able to shrug it off would get him interested . also remember ranma isn't some random thug challenging him to make a name for himself he's trying to protect the sisters. his response to this would be to play with him. my argument isn't that ranma would curbstomp him just that with new insight into accelerators character ranma has a far greater chance then initially thought. if ranma gets him angry he's just go berserk giving ranma another advantage since once again he has no idea how to fight.
The advantage ranma has is accelerator both underestimating him and being amused. Preheadshot isn’t that creative because he never had to be. He was so sadistic to the sisters because he saw them as mindless dolls. Touma backed him into a corner causing him to get desperate.

Spica75 wrote:Seriously dangerous for Ranma, but might at least keep Accy busy yeah, though i doubt it will actually cause damage to him. Extra downside that it requires Accy to start using the plasma storm. And having to survive the storm while setting it all up..

If touma can survive it so can ranma. if ranma doesn't mess up there shouldn't be any danger to him kind of like how he defeated kuyo in big human on campus accelerator sends a spiral blast of energy at him and ranma uses a cold punch to send it back then they both just repeatedly send the energy back to each other creating a stalemate.

Spica75 wrote:[Best chance for a functional attack, i still think is either coming up with his own version of the reversing punch(slight chance that even just superspeed punching might come close to doing this with only minor alteration), or making an improved version of the vacuum blades, modifying them so that when they hit, instead of trying to cut through intact, they "pop" and release the vacuum in an aimed fashion.
Would need some serious precision when using them, and they'd be considerably less effective against other targets(more like a hit from a much larger blunt weapon yet still just the same amount of force with each "blade", greatly reducing the impact from each), but might work.

I never mentioned the amaguriken (bluring one fist one )cause thought it would be over kill but that’s what I meant when I said pulverize. now that I think about it maybe not. Kihara Counter is pulling back the attack right before it is redirected by Accelerator's field. ranma hits accelerator its redirected ranma pulls back as its being redirected redirecting it again. that might decrease the damage so accel is knocked out and not pulverized.

i'm trying to look at this more from a mentality thing mainly from accel's pov but in this situation ranma would go full in lethal so its either or if that would help or hurt him. vacuum blades or amaguriken would give him an advantage but just an all out physical attack or ki blast wouldn't

do you think ranma could perform a perfect shi shi hokudan hiryuu shoten ha combo
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:12 am

If touma can survive it so can ranma.

Not necessarily. Touma has the bullshit plot armour hand that CANCELS any supernatural whatever that touches it, so unless its done indirectly enough, he can basically walk through it. Ranma has no way of getting rid of it like that.

if ranma doesn't mess up there shouldn't be any danger to him kind of like how he defeated kuyo in big human on campus accelerator sends a spiral blast of energy at him and ranma uses a cold punch to send it back then they both just repeatedly send the energy back to each other creating a stalemate.

Problem there is that it's going to be very tiresome for Ranma while Accy wont get tired almost at all. He's also going to start getting more creative pretty darn fast if he see's someone bouncing him.

I'm not entirely convinced that it could be bounced like that either.

I never mentioned the amaguriken (bluring one fist one )cause thought it would be over kill but that’s what I meant when I said pulverize. now that I think about it maybe not. Kihara Counter is pulling back the attack right before it is redirected by Accelerator's field. ranma hits accelerator its redirected ranma pulls back as its being redirected redirecting it again. that might decrease the damage so accel is knocked out and not pulverized.

Pretty much yeah. It's not going to be very effective, but with enough control and precision, has a fair chance of working at least.

do you think ranma could perform a perfect shi shi hokudan hiryuu shoten ha combo

*lol*

I would have to say probably not, but "probably" isn't "no" and it's not absurd enough that plot fiat-ing it would be bad.
But oh dear, combining that with said plasmastorm from Accy, damn that could really end up one heck of a BIG mess. :mrgreen:

Could be a fun way to end an encounter.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby toushin » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:48 pm

i'm currently on volume 4 and I was so focused on the fight that I forgot about last order she shows that its hard for accelerator to attack and defend at the same time since the more focus he places on manipulating vectors the less calculating power is put into redirecting which is how he got shot.

he also has trouble manipulating the wind the Sisters manipulating the wind turbines stopped him from being able to create plasma since the vector of the atmosphere around him had changed.

also outside of the AVR fight I also think ranma shouldn't become an asper as ki manipulation is a nice middle ground between personal reality and idol theory
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:11 pm

toushin wrote:i'm currently on volume 4 and I was so focused on the fight that I forgot about last order she shows that its hard for accelerator to attack and defend at the same time since the more focus he places on manipulating vectors the less calculating power is put into redirecting which is how he got shot.

he also has trouble manipulating the wind the Sisters manipulating the wind turbines stopped him from being able to create plasma since the vector of the atmosphere around him had changed.

Worth noting about those occasions though, is that he's basically playing supercomputer in the first instance, high end hardware AND software all at once, and he still gets enough shielding up in time(barely) that he doesn't die from the shot.

And yeah, they manage to disturb him by playing around with hundreds of wind turbines. AND using the full power of the Sister's network to calculate how to disrupt him.

In short, yes he does have a finite level of capacity, but it's damned HIGH!

toushin wrote:also outside of the AVR fight I also think ranma shouldn't become an asper as ki manipulation is a nice middle ground between personal reality and idol theory

Frankly, i think his pride isn't going to let him NOT become a decent level esper. Not being able to do something that others CAN do? Never!!! :P

as ki manipulation is a nice middle ground between personal reality and idol theory

I would rather say that it is a separate axis of power all on its own, completely different from esper powers or magic, a "dimension" of its own so to speak.
This is also a viable plot device, because of how espers can't use magic without taking damage, that is a clear disadvantage, but as ki is something else, just "simple" life energy that in some ways can mimic magic AND some esper powers, you can use it to make Ranma a "person of interest" to the science side especially, but probably to some degree also to the magic side.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Previous

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes