Chaos of Neptune...

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Chaos of Neptune...

Postby talonhunter » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:43 am

This is a really rough outline for a Ranma/Sailor Moon crossover type story. Been bouncing around in my head for over a month now and it still needs some plot points polished but I'm stuck...

Story idea...
Ranma is the twin brother to Michiru during the time before the fall, Michiru as senshi and candidate growing up, Ranma grows up to become commander of Neptunes space military and second only to his sister in terms of power. They were close growing up as royal children, and Ranma even helped cover for his sister when she first fell in love with the Uraisan princes and fellow senshi. Ranma felt the connection to Michiru break just as his fleet was destroyed fighting the to a hordes unleashed by Beyrl and Metallia, just as Michiru felt Ranmas death in the end.
Serenity don't know she had also sent others forward with her senshi and her daughters lover.

In the rebirth timeline, many times when the senshi of Neptune was near death or unable to act, the reason for Ranmas water magnet status causes many interesting issues as the planetary mana tap seeks a female member of Neptunes house to assume the mantle. But each time, Neptune is restored her power returns to her, but building a stronger connection to Ranma-chan's cursed form and causing her star seed to mature.

As Ranma battles Safron finding his skills are not quite enough to contain him, he finds the power of the senshi star seed. This time however, Ranma unwittingly create a cascade no one even the original creators of the senshi mana taps could ever expect and fully assumes the power of Neptune, while Michiru suddenly collapses after the sailor scouts defeat their latest enemy.

So now Ranma is the acting Senshi of Neptune while Michiru finds herself without her mana tap. Can Setsuna find the cause of their latest complication and sort it out before it's too late and the next enemy arrives? And how will Ranma adjust to being Neptunes senshi hier? And why does Michiru now seem to know more about military arts and Martial arts than before. And what does Usa know that she is so afraid will happen if she slips up while in the past this time?
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Re: Chaos of Neptune...

Postby WG_Writer » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:06 pm

The last paragraph sounds more like you are trying to sell the idea rather then ask for input.

That Said:

The Sailor Crystals thing is a give or take. Either include them which will make your job harder or just forget explaining it entirely and dive in. Given your stated story I would recommend not including them at all. Remember a star seed is different but related to Sailor Crystals. A Sailor Crystal indicates its holder is a Sailor Senshi (unless male :p ) orherwise its a star seed.

If you really want to do it that way then just hand wave it that Ranma cannot access it when male due to the rule, and can when female. Something goes wrong and it jams in the on position, This would require the curse to lock or the entire thing would collapse. Blame it on a Binary Sailor Crystal or some such thing. Maybe cause a feedback to transfer the curse to Michiru just to add confusion.

You left plenty of cloth but you need to cut the idea a bit more clearly before clear advise can be given.
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Re: Chaos of Neptune...

Postby talonhunter » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:10 am

Thanks W_G_Writer, that was the kind of input I was looking for as I was trying to sell myself on it due to information overload. Scaling it back does help. I'll update the outline with a couple scenes this weekend
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes