Ranma / Shokugeki no Soma crossover

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Ranma / Shokugeki no Soma crossover

Postby Dumbledork » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:46 am

After a particularly destructive fight inside Furinkan High’s gymnasium between Ranma and Ryoga, principal Kuno has finally the perfect excuse to get rid of his son’s nemesis and expels him. Unfortunately, due to Furinkan’s bad reputation and Ranma’s notoriety no school around is willing to accept him.

This doesn’t sit well with Nodoka, who doesn’t want to have a dropout as a son and sees only one possibility for him to finish school: sending him to her old school, Tootsuki Culinary Academy. She knows that cooking is not a career Ranma has ever envisioned, but Tootsuki is probably the only school that will expect him. As a former 3rd seat it shouldn’t be too difficult to get her son accepted, especially since his cooking is quite good. With her coaching it shouldn’t be too difficult for turn him into an excellent cook, especially if he puts as much effort into that discipline as he did into martial arts. She could even apply there as a teacher to keep an eye on her son.

Genma is not very happy with Nodoka’s decision as it would keep him away from Akane and Ranma is of two minds. On the one hand he doesn’t want to leave the Tendos as he’d miss Akane and the others, although he’d rather die than ever admit it, but on the other hand he doesn’t want to disappoint his mother.

He asks the Tendos for their opinion and Nabiki says right away that she doesn’t care. Soun is not very happy as it could possibly jeopardize the plan to get the children married, and Akane pretends that she doesn’t care as it’s Ranma’s life and that he has the right to do whatever he wants. Kasumi on the other hand, much to no one’s surprise wholeheartedly approves of the idea, especially as at one point she would have liked to attend Tootsuki herself, but didn’t want to abandon her family.

Nodoka calls the headmaster of Tootsuki and after explaining the situation Ranma gets accepted on a probationary basis. Nodoka also manages to get Kasumi enrolled without telling her. It would be criminal to let the young woman’s culinary talents go to waste. Thankfully Tootsuki had quite a unique curriculum and age didn’t really matter. She was sure that Kasumi would do well and graduate after a few months and in the meantime she could help Ranma.

Things start slowly, without any of the usual chaos in Ranma’s life. Nodoka got a job as a teacher for traditional Japanese cuisine and Kasumi does very well herself, impressing all the teachers with her skills. Unfortunately, the good times don’t last and very soon Shampoo and Ukyo apply for a scholarship and with their great skills get easily accepted and Kodachi throws some money around and gets accepted too.

And Tootsuki will never be the same.

Since cooking duels and improving one’s skills is practically what Shokugeki no Soma is all about, crossing it with Ranma ½ shouldn’t be too difficult, especially since Ranma starts out as a rookie and is in the beginning no match for the big names at the Academy. However, under Nodoka’s and Kasumi’s tutelage he improves very quickly.

Now, the big problem with this story is Akane. There’s simply no way to have her attend Tootsuki Academy. I doubt that Soun would let Ranma leave without Akane, but I can’t imagine Akane leaving her life and her friends at Furinkan quite behind. A possible solution would be to have Soun ask Kasumi to act as a chaperone and keep hm away from other girls.

At first I wanted Kasumi to have been a former Tootsuki Alumni, but there would be no way to come up with a plausible reason for Ranma and Genma not to be aware of that.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Re: Ranma / Shokugeki no Soma crossover

Postby WG_Writer » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:44 am

You want Akane to sucessfully enter a cooking school...
Nabiki would be more sucessful though she would be a hard sell for more then one reason.

It would be easier to just have Akane expelled as well. Despite Kuno's money and other attempts the Principal is not against doing something that his son would dislike. Quite the opposite actually.

Perhaps you could use an event where Akane triggers the fight by her cooking and she gets expelled instead and Ranma needs to transfer by their father's pressure.

Usually its either Ranma leave Akane behind in Fanfics, or the Tendo's drop him. Where in the Manga he was more likely to try and get Akane out of messes instead.
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby balthanon » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:36 pm

Easiest way to get Akane involved? Have her challenge Souma and his father to a "most disgusting food ever" duel and win (though I imagine she would believe it to be a regular cooking challenge). :) Tootsuki hears about her defeat of Jouchiro without any of the details and immediately gives her a scholarship to the school. At that point the trick is just keeping her in-- no doubt through a series of completely unbelievable mishaps and mistakes that leave the student body with an awareness of just how bad she is but keeps anyone in a position to actually expel her in the dark. I suspect that alone would make for a slightly more interesting crossover than something more standard-- Ranma certainly doesn't have the passion for standard cooking that it would take to compete at Tootsuki.

In fact, I could even see the "duels" that she has with Jouichiro and Souma being the reason she thinks she's such a good cook. She's been having them for years now and the reason Tootsuki even gets wind of it is because she has an argument in front of an alumni where she pulls it out to "prove" to Ranma that she's a good cook. They have someone ask Souma about it and he immediately gets depressed and states that he and his father have never beaten her, even once, with no additional details. :)

Maybe have the few cooking battles she gets into be won by "knockout"-- the judges and her opponent just outright faint when they taste her food because of their refined sense of taste and by the time they wake up, they can't actually recall what they tasted. (Because their minds have desperately tried to forget.) As a result, she's assumed to have won because the food tastes so heavenly that the bliss caused them to pass out. :) Only battle-hardened tongues that have tasted everything can truly survive her cooking. That could be particularly amusing with Erina, where Akane is like the only student that Erina routinely seeks out to taste her food.

Another option, of course (or a later development), might be to have Tootsuki branching out-- they are _the_ premier school for cooking, so one could argue they should have a Martial Arts Cooking curriculum. Ranma and his fiancees could end up as part of the inaugural class for that particular branch of the school. They would need to fight popular opinion that this is a "soft" option for the school that caters to people who can't cut it in the real battle for food supremacy.

If you're going for a straight cross-over, it might be better to do a fanfic of a fanfic-- using the characters from https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8790081/1/ ... First-Bite. This one's a great version of Ranma that is highly focused upon cooking and would stand a chance at Tootsuki in his own right. (Loved this story when I ran across it, but unfortunately it only has a couple chapters.) It has a definite Shokugeki flavor, though it isn't an outright crossover just yet (if ever.)
balthanon
Initiate

Postby Spica75 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:52 am

Easiest way to get Akane involved? Have her challenge Souma and his father to a "most disgusting food ever" duel and win (though I imagine she would believe it to be a regular cooking challenge).

:mrgreen:

In fact, I could even see the "duels" that she has with Jouichiro and Souma being the reason she thinks she's such a good cook. She's been having them for years now and the reason Tootsuki even gets wind of it is because she has an argument in front of an alumni where she pulls it out to "prove" to Ranma that she's a good cook. They have someone ask Souma about it and he immediately gets depressed and states that he and his father have never beaten her, even once, with no additional details.

:D

Maybe have the few cooking battles she gets into be won by "knockout"-- the judges and her opponent just outright faint when they taste her food because of their refined sense of taste and by the time they wake up, they can't actually recall what they tasted. (Because their minds have desperately tried to forget.) As a result, she's assumed to have won because the food tastes so heavenly that the bliss caused them to pass out. :) Only battle-hardened tongues that have tasted everything can truly survive her cooking. That could be particularly amusing with Erina, where Akane is like the only student that Erina routinely seeks out to taste her food.

*LOL*

:lol:

I hope someone writes something like that sometime... That could end up awesome.
And it´s even perfect for the Ranma series style as well.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby balthanon » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:52 pm

I liked the ideas enough to toss them into my own fanfic idea pile for later as well. :) Of course, that's not necessarily a good sign for them getting written-- that list far outnumbers the fics I actually have started.
balthanon
Initiate

Postby Kenko » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:02 am

Or maybe...

"Try this, miss."

The redhead stared at... something horrible. Something monstrous. It seemed almost to be moving, and the sickly sheen of black and greenish pink sauce did NOT do the somewhat over-fermented fish-head any favors.

And she took a bite.. grimaced and took a second bite.

Soma stared. NO-ONE had EVER taken a second bite of his experiments!

"Eh, I've had worse."

And she paused. "But at least you're trying. Good on you. Can't beat my wife, though, she's got a natural talent for this."

As the quite attractive older woman walked away, muttering about stupid ladle ladies everywhere, he somehow missed the comment of "wife"...
Kenko
Initiate

Postby Hiryo » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:32 am

Do you try to get Kasumi and Ranma together right as with them always be together and helping each other? I would love that!

As for how to get Akane in as well a Shokugeki with a teacher in the school to teach Akane how to cook. Due that Akane gets an exception to be taught on the campus until she qualifies as a student for school. :twisted: Akane be prepared to be at this school until you are a spinster. XD

After some horrible disasters, which led to the teacher being scared of Akane's misdeeds in 'his/her' holy kitchen, or the resulted food. Thus Akane is on the campus in the house of the teacher, while increasing the chaos in school.

Akane the infamous one, which burns even water. Her nickname: "The Walking Disaster" or "Cookingpalypse"?
Life to the fullest without regrets and be as happy as you could be.
Hiryo
Senshi Cadet

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes