Idea for a Yandere Ranma

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Idea for a Yandere Ranma

Postby LunaInverse » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:35 am

So I had a thought for a Yandere female Ranma.

So the basic outline is that during the koi rod indecent everything is resolved as canon, but after after it is resolved Ranma has a breakdown in private and latches onto Ryoga mentally. No one notices anything overtly wrong or different until after Saffron where the girls Ryoga interacts with start turning up either killed or crippled. I'm not sure how it would end but I have a few ideas such as Ranma finds a way of altering Ryoga's mind making him fall in love with Ranma, or Ranma imprisoning Ryoga as keeping him in his p-chan form as a "pet", so as not to let him go.

Any ideas or help?
LunaInverse
Senshi Cadet

Re: Idea for a Yandere Ranma

Postby balthanon » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:10 pm

Any particular reason that you're waiting until after the Saffron arc for it to kick in? I would say if you're using the koi rod arc as your trigger, you just run with it-- have Ranma's mind fracture at that point and gradually introduce the changes through the timeline events. It gives you some easy background events for your main story that you don't really flesh out too much other than when it would be significantly impacted by the character changes. If you wanted to, you could probably have it manifest when he's male for one of the fiancees as well. If he's already more than a bit nuts, then having his love interest flip like a switch when he changes genders could be amusing. Sort of a reverse version of the situation he had going with Shampoo when she first showed up or Kuno/Kodachi.

Of the ideas that you had here, I like the idea of Ranma stealing P-Chan from Akane when he's female the most. The picture of Ryoga struggling to escape while Ranma is holding him tighter than Azusa did Charlotte so he's easier to protect is fairly amusing.
balthanon
Initiate

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes