Genma fakes their death to escape from debts

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Re: Genma fakes their death to escape from debts

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:32 am

Well, she was effectively destroying it by repurposing the scroll into envelops, but not effectively effectively, since the letter of the law ("get rid of this thing") left her options open to methods other than what Genma had in mind. (Which was probably why Genma was showing a vein while he remarked on her practicality.)

If I had to guess his reason for why he sent the scroll to her to do the deed, rather than doing it himself: perhaps it was his way of involving his wife in his affairs, rather than leaving her to passively wait with nothing but a one-way conversation the entire time.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby ckosacranoid » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:00 am

The reason I'm reconsidering though is because I think it a bit difficult to consider those two daughters as Nabiki and Akane. The age gap would be large between Kasumi and them. If Ranma arrives at the age he did during the manga, then they would be in elementary school. Or if I consider making them the same age as they were in canon, then Kasumi would have moved out of the dojo since she's more than old enough to have done so.

for some weird reason i can see much fun and lots of humor in the fact that ranma shows up as his nomral age and finds out his new soon to be wife is in grade school....even more amusing is keeping kunos werid thing about dating akane for some reason makes it even more funny in a creepy way though and keeping the rest of the cast the same ages. the comments and action of the girls being shown up by a little kid in some of the events that take place would be funny. the face faults will be epic.
but in the case of kuno chaing after a loli in this case, he could be wearing glasses that show him a teengirl, everyone else does not, that comments about him being a pedifle he just does hear, he hears something else with his insane metal state...in a non henti idea it could work and be rather funny i think...i though i seen something like that before with ranma's girl form being very young and kuno cahsing after it and everyone thinks he is a pervet that way.
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:18 am

ckosacranoid wrote:for some weird reason i can see much fun and lots of humor in the fact that ranma shows up as his nomral age and finds out his new soon to be wife is in grade school....even more amusing is keeping kunos werid thing about dating akane for some reason makes it even more funny in a creepy way though and keeping the rest of the cast the same ages. the comments and action of the girls being shown up by a little kid in some of the events that take place would be funny. the face faults will be epic.

Think of all the routines you could steal from Sailor Moon fanfics, with Mamoru lusting after a much younger Usagi.

Of course I consider creative and well-done stealing and/or referencing to be a great writerly skill. The best I've run into is John Morressy's The Mansions of Space, though R. A. Lafferty's Space Chantey is good as well.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Previous

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes