Ranma chars as SM victims of the week

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Ranma chars as SM victims of the week

Postby Slab Bulkhead » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:23 am

Has some variant of this idea been done?

I had an idea for a fic where the events of the Sailor Moon anime are happening in the background, and we're seeing the effects of what happens in Sailor Moon reach the NWC.

The ideas I had that I could play with this were:
  • Nodoka taking 'Ranko Tendo' over to a jewelry sale at OSA-P
  • Kuno visiting a certain fortune teller in Azabu to get advice on how to free his pig-tailed goddess from the clutches of the vile sorcerer Ranma Saotome
  • Ukyo's restaurant being a Crystal Point
  • Kasumi having her pure heart crystal being targeted by one of the Witches 5
  • Fisheye trying to go after Happosai's Dream Mirror.
  • Iron Mouse attacking Ranma for his star seed and finding a dud (I had to get this in here)
Timeline-wise I'm not sure if it's better for this to run somewhat concurrent to the Ranma timeline, or if it'd be better to have it all be after the failed wedding.
Slab Bulkhead
Senshi Candidate

Re: Ranma chars as SM victims of the week

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:35 am

I can't think of any specific story where something like that happens to such a degree, but I'm pretty sure that there are a few where various events of note, from Sailor Moon, involve some of the Ranma 1/2 characters at least some of the time. This is largely due to the formula that certain people inevitably get involved with, or happen to be at, whoever or whatever it is when something goes down. While I don't doubt that there could be a story where a lot of characters from Ranma 1/2 get mixed up in these situations, it's unlikely because crossovers don't often involve many of the characters, and often enough it's just one character (Ranma, particularly), if not one or two more, who get inserted into Sailor Moon, which get the Sailor Moon characters involved in their scenarios rather than the other way around.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Slab Bulkhead » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:44 am

I figured as much yeah. And I've seen elements of that in other fics where you'll have a Ranma character in the background or as an implied VotW. (there was one I read and I can't remember offhand which fic it was, but it had Nephrite trying to boost Akane's passion for cooking to drain her energy and it horrifically backfired on him after he was forced to eat it)

Also, I just really like the idea of Ranma as a phage for some reason.
Slab Bulkhead
Senshi Candidate

Postby Spica75 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:28 am

(there was one I read and I can't remember offhand which fic it was, but it had Nephrite trying to boost Akane's passion for cooking to drain her energy and it horrifically backfired on him after he was forced to eat it)

I think i have read that... :mrgreen:

Has some variant of this idea been done?

Only partially.
Nodoka taking 'Ranko Tendo' over to a jewelry sale at OSA-P
Kuno visiting a certain fortune teller in Azabu to get advice on how to free his pig-tailed goddess from the clutches of the vile sorcerer Ranma Saotome
Kasumi having her pure heart crystal being targeted by one of the Witches 5

Those 3 i have seen in one fic, and that´s about the most of it.

Timeline-wise I'm not sure if it's better for this to run somewhat concurrent to the Ranma timeline, or if it'd be better to have it all be after the failed wedding.

SM stretches out a fair bit in time so you could start during the Ranma timeline if you want any changes made to it.

I had an idea for a fic where the events of the Sailor Moon anime are happening in the background, and we're seeing the effects of what happens in Sailor Moon reach the NWC.

Just make sure you have a story of some kind, either for the crossover combination, or for the series you use as primary, so you avoid just parroting original events from both series, as that generally only works well as parody.
Of course, letting the story be whatever changes the crossover interaction causes works as "the story" as well.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes