Possible Ranma/Legend of Korra crossover

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Re: Possible Ranma/Legend of Korra crossover

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:47 pm

I dunno... I mean, the guy did set up a dance/party with the sole purpose of having girls stomp-grind on his head to determine the identity of the one he remembered. XD

Anyway, while I don't have a problem with anyone who wants romance in their stories, for whatever reason, I would still caution doing it for the sake of doing it. Be sure -- if nothing else -- to address anything that would contradict the feasibility of the individuals involved getting together under the circumstances, without leaving too much of a lump under the carpet, at the very least.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:16 am

LawOhki wrote:Actually that would almost be even worse than shoving a curse on her. Turning her sexuality into just a punchline for how Ranma let's her play both sides while safely reinforcing straight tropes.

(And I suggest she's bi due to how she had several relationships throughout the series with a man and finally ending up with a woman.)

Heh... I can see your point of view but i can´t agree with it, simply because in this case, she would remain unchanged, and how that can be worse, no just can´t agree.

#####

Anyway, while I don't have a problem with anyone who wants romance in their stories, for whatever reason, I would still caution doing it for the sake of doing it. Be sure -- if nothing else -- to address anything that would contradict the feasibility of the individuals involved getting together under the circumstances, without leaving too much of a lump under the carpet, at the very least.

Oh yes, really wish more authors did that. Huge difference between weird pairings, and weird pairings with enough story events for them to make sense without using a deus ex machina.

A good example is Delenda Est, where HP ends up with Bellatrix, and it makes perfect sense!
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby UnlimitedBladeShirou » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:41 am

I think a fanfic like this could pretty much work since, as a lot of people noted, Korra is shown to have interest in both sexes but it would have to be written with both of Ranma's forms as being equally important instead of treating the female form like an annoyance.

I saw a very well done example of this in a fanfic where Ranma was the reincarnation of Neptune instead of Michiru and his/her developing relationship with Haruka.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6765488/1/Contrast-Match

Sadly its dead.
Do you have enough swords, king of heroes?
UnlimitedBladeShirou
Senshi Candidate

Postby Innortal » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:30 pm

You might be better off making it a crossover event. Ranma ending up in Korra's world. All you would need to do then is have them go on an adventure, maybe get closer, and Ranma return home. Romance would be dependent on whether the curse is revealed, and would lean more on 'do you love the person or the shell' concept.

"I have to say, Ranma, if I ever could like a guy like that, you'd be on top of the list."

"Cause I'm so manly!?"

"... And you ruined it, goodbye, Red."

Either way, it would have to be a slow development, and not one of the PWP changes some characters get, where the other is the 'one person of that gender they'd go that way for'.
Innortal
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby UnlimitedBladeShirou » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:21 pm

Wow that's some necromancy of the highest order!
Though Korra isn't lesbian or she wouldn't have been into Mako at the beginning of the series, she's either bisexual or one of those other gender identities that don't differ between man and woman.
UnlimitedBladeShirou
Senshi Candidate

Postby Innortal » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:53 pm

Sorry, been a while since I was last on the board.
Innortal
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:38 am

Innortal wrote:...

"I have to say, Ranma, if I ever could like a guy like that, you'd be on top of the list."

"Cause I'm so manly!?"

"... And you ruined it, goodbye, Red."

:mrgreen:
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby UnlimitedBladeShirou » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:39 am

I would have gone with "I have to say, Ranma, if I ever could like a guy like that again, you'd be on top of the list."
UnlimitedBladeShirou
Senshi Candidate

Previous

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes