Akane wears glasses?

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Akane wears glasses?

Postby Blackcat101 » Wed May 13, 2015 9:41 am

So I had this weird idea the other day were Akane got hit by Skuld debugging Hammer (Oh My Goddess! / Aa! Megami-sama) and Akane gets "debugged" and starts to act different. Turns out her aggressive tendencies were because a small bug got into her when she was small, and due to a clerical error (And being Nerima) no one ever noticed. And of course, Akane starts to wear glasses, turns out she needs them but refused to wear them in public because they used to make fun of her for wearing them.

Of course, then Skuld goes to hit everyone in Nerima with her Hammer just in case, but it turns out it was just Akane.

It was that or an idea were Akane gets hurt in one of Ranma fights and decides to change her life, but the Hammer thing fits Ranma 1/2 a tad more save for the fact the change will last.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Re: Akane wears glasses?

Postby Spica75 » Wed May 13, 2015 3:05 pm

So I had this weird idea the other day were Akane got hit by Skuld debugging Hammer (Oh My Goddess! / Aa! Megami-sama) and Akane gets "debugged" and starts to act different. Turns out her aggressive tendencies were because a small bug got into her when she was small, and due to a clerical error (And being Nerima) no one ever noticed. And of course, Akane starts to wear glasses, turns out she needs them but refused to wear them in public because they used to make fun of her for wearing them.

Or the bug made her refuse to realise that needed glasses(not that it feels so far that the glasses are relevant), and the lack of seeing properly is part of what made her messed up(not as bad as Mousse style, but that direction).

Of course, then Skuld goes to hit everyone in Nerima with her Hammer just in case, but it turns out it was just Akane.

Oh wow, there´s no end to the amount of "whacky"-ness you could justify with all that hammering, especially if Akane´s debugging cause a little glitch in the hammer... :mrgreen:
Even if Akane was the only one the needed it, others getting smacked could have almost any kind of reaction/alteration to it.

but the Hammer thing fits Ranma 1/2 a tad more save for the fact the change will last.

It definitely does.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Thu May 14, 2015 9:59 am

I like the idea. I do wonder what would happen to Ranma's neko-ken if Skuld debugged hir. (It's fairly solid fanon that Jusenkyo curses are almost impossible to get rid of.) And I'd dearly like to see Genma and Nodoka get debugged.

Everybody changes. Everybody has to learn to cope.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby WG_Writer » Sat May 16, 2015 10:45 am

This is amusing, and made me think if Akane got her hands on said hammer. Everytime Ranma gets wacked something is debugged. Just how many would he have?
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Sat May 16, 2015 1:49 pm

WG_Writer wrote:This is amusing, and made me think if Akane got her hands on said hammer. Everytime Ranma gets wacked something is debugged. Just how many would he have?

:mrgreen:

Now that sounds like an interesting idea for someone who could think of enough "bugs" for him.

Of course, that assumes that Akane handling said hammer will actually DE-bug him... :twisted:
What if her special flair of doing things shines through and she instead "bugs" him? :P

Hmm, i think i´m seeing some stories here.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Sat May 16, 2015 5:39 pm

Being alternately whacked by tomboy and techie… a lot of lumps to take, that.
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Wed May 20, 2015 11:32 pm

Spica75 wrote:
Or the bug made her refuse to realise that needed glasses(not that it feels so far that the glasses are relevant), and the lack of seeing properly is part of what made her messed up(not as bad as Mousse style, but that direction).

The glasses are relevant in more that one way, both literally and metaphorically.

Spica75 wrote:Oh wow, there´s no end to the amount of "whacky"-ness you could justify with all that hammering, especially if Akane´s debugging cause a little glitch in the hammer... :mrgreen:
Even if Akane was the only one the needed it, others getting smacked could have almost any kind of reaction/alteration to it.

No more that getting hit with a regular Hammer does in anime, even if everyone was quite sure Kodachi had a bug, even his brother.

Spica75 wrote:It definitely does.

Thank you.

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:I like the idea. I do wonder what would happen to Ranma's neko-ken if Skuld debugged hir. (It's fairly solid fanon that Jusenkyo curses are almost impossible to get rid of.) And I'd dearly like to see Genma and Nodoka get debugged.

Everybody changes. Everybody has to learn to cope.

Curses are not bugs, but yeah, something weird would probably happen. The neko-ken is a mental trauma and not Skuld's domain. But I see Genma having to hide for a while.

WG_Writer wrote:This is amusing, and made me think if Akane got her hands on said hammer. Everytime Ranma gets wacked something is debugged. Just how many would he have?

Humans don't naturally have the kind of bugs that can be fixed by a Hammer, but be free to write a story about that if you want.

So i am thinking about starting it with the usual "Ranma makes Skuld angry and she tries to hit him with her Hammer", only Akane is near and Skuld ends hitting her instead, does that work? Skuld is so used to fixing bugs that she probably did that on instinct anyway.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes