Dulge of story ideas

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Dulge of story ideas

Postby Tentai21 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:05 pm

had some ideas for some stories.

Just need to see what people think about some and i know that some will need fleshing out.

Plus there are a lot here as its something i came up with over time from reading, playing games or watching an anime, tv series or film over time.
Yes some of the ideas are similar to some stories that are already written and before i even post them if i do some writing i will contact the people and ask permission and also show them the idea.

And i hope will gain permission to use it.
though if anyone recognizes the idea besides telling me what you think of it, any improvements or directions to take it in could you drop me the name of the author so i can get in
contact with them please.

Thank you all.

Buffy TVS/ Stargate
minor crossover

one idea is a buffy the vampire slayer crossover with stargate.
set in the halloween episode xander dressess as a combination of babylon 5 technomage and warhammer 40k necrontyr cryptek.
Back story for the character and race is like the technomages of bb5 the crypteks still living some of them fled before the end came before the biotransference happened.
either leaving their home galaxy for another or going to a new reality.
the technomages do the same and when the flee from the coming war with the vorlons and shadows (how it went in canon BB5).
doing the same going to another galaxy or reality and they end up meeting the living crypteks.

Years later after many problems the two races merge and a new and more powerful and deadly technomage comes into being.
Xander using this and maybe adding some star wars and star trek as the neo technomages are sort of like the augments of star trek though better, so some tech like healing in star wars and star trek.
I was going to go with the rest of the tech of both. but maybe just some as the necrontyr before turning into machines were incredibly advanced possibly an equal to the ancient of stargate.
The idea of xander using the droids of star wars to build and run things was an idea though maybe a good idea as it would through off people who see them as the necrons are a bit terrifying while the droids are less so.
Though xander wouldn't be the only one transformed into a teknomage (got to get a good name for them: technomage/teknomage the last one makes me think of the japanese cartoon teknoman blade).

I was thinking of Jenny calander, Joyce and Cordelia becoming one as well.
an idea of xander with the others capturing one of the ha'taks that come to attack earth. landing it with on the darkside of the moon or on mars and studying it and making some improvements within the technology it was created from so the
ship would have a shield at first like the ha'tak that attacks the tollan new home and later an improved shield.

An idea also is having one of them travel to tollana and proved some ideas and such like testing the defense cannons against the upgraded ha'tak (which would be like the anubis upgrade).

borg ranma/star gate

Another idea is a ranma crossover or two.
One idea is off anime addventure which i will talk with someone about permission. But the basis is in one story crossed with stargate and possibly crysis. Ranma is not born on earth but in the future in another reality as the successor to the borg queen.

But while as a baby the borg cube housing him gets knocked out of that reality and into another.
That reality being a crossover with stargate and crysis, ranma ends up on earth and follows to an extent the same as canon ranma though ranma is more intelligent than canon ranma but hids it.

After the wedding failure ranma finds a way to split himself off from his female half who gets picked up by the cube as well and becomes the co-ruler of the borg with ranma being the dominant leader.
Not sure on what type of borg cube to use as i was thinking on something like a borg tactical fusion cube.
That and ranma exploring the space near earth finds one a ceph derelict ship in earth system and out by tou seti the remains of some star trek fed ships and cylon ships with some crew still alive.

The borg king ranma comes across the aschen and seeing what they do to other races conquers then by assimulating them into the collective (typical borg tactic) and only a few escape.
Later meeting the goa'uld attack ships that apophis sends to attack earth and takes them over.

ranma/mass effect/
minor crossover with star trek, star wars others.

Another idea is for a a intelligent ranma ending up in the future in either his own reality or another and gets taken by the borg.
years pass and ranma manages to free himself only after preparing on of the borg ships with standard borg, meaning that they were vat grown/incubated so no personality and such to draw on if removed from the collective.
that star trek reality is set in an alternitive universe 31st century or later and so the tech is advanced.
the borg rule the delta and gamma quadrents and made some attacks into the alpha and beta quadrents. so some notable people have been taken and ranma takes with him. his freeing on himself cripples the borg destroying their power.
The ship ranma is on could be a borg queen ship or some other powerful vessel and during the escape the cube or such ends up going to a new reality. That being either returning to ranma home reality or to a new one.
By that i mean is ranma went to the future of his home reality then he goes to a new one, but if he went to a alt reality aka star trek then he returns to his home. the reality either way would be mass effect, far from earth and likely 20 years before either the discovery of the mass relays or before the first contact war. Along with some ships from some other realities like stargate, star wars, halo, Babylon 5. with female crew, main characters or recurring.
star trek females like Beverly crusher, deana, seven of nine, carol marcus (star trek into darkness character) judzia dax, t'pol and hoshi.

following the borg directive and assimulates the crew and the ship adding to the knowledge the borg have already.
like borg king ranma idea is for those females to be turned into besides his harem, into lesser queens having to some extent free will but still part of the borg collective.

Ranma/stargate/crysis
another anime adventure idea with ranma being crippled ends up becoming a scientist though still likes martial arts. has a sister and crossed over with stargate and crysis (i have the crysis games and liked them) not sure if i want to add in full
metal panic or not.
ranma goes into science to either heal his injuries or replace his limbs and organs that were damaged. ends up focusing on drawing tech from alt realities and ends up getting some people through as well, female of course.
later after gaining so goa'uld tech through the use of droids hunting up old legends, and learning and improving on it also finding the second stargate meets sg-1 and the tollons during the first test of the gate.

Ranma halo crossover
a scientist ranma ends up on halo 4 after a disaster in the lab when he is attacked by his old rivals. still in the same time period, and with some of his close friends and family and set up with help from guilty spark using the labs on halo and ends up drawing in some female characters from other realities like mass effect, starcraft, babylon 5 and alt of xmen.
sometime later the covenent arrive and the piller of autumn, and the crew find out after meeting ranma that it was he who developed the theory of slipspace though crude and untested and some other things that are now the bases of technology used.
Sort of like cocrine form star trek the father of warp technology for humanity.

ranma/stargate/starcraft crossover
minor crossovers idea with having some star trek influence the eugenic wars in this case there are two types of augments the standard type meaning canon with the flaws and the other type that don't have the flaws and helped the normal humans fight them.
later before the 2nd group of aug find a goa'uld ship with hyperdrive and seeing how the winds are blowing start work on building ships with a hyperdrive to carry their population off earth so that they can live without problems caused by the other aug would create.
problem is that when fleeing into space and activating the hyperdrive they end up in the past parts of the fleet end up over a thousand years in the pst while others only a few 100 years.
they evolve differently still better than normal humans on earth others become more advanced. some play on the ideas of comics and develop along those lines like marvel though lacking the xgene but managing to create some of the powers like telepathy and telekinesis and so on.

part of the section of the galaxy they live in has a strange phenomenon that has wrecks of ships coming through or sometimes fully functional ships and some shadows and vorlons came in and continued their war so some planets are no go zones because of this.
ranma with his female crew meet sg-1 when the planet they are checking to see if it has any shadow tech weapons on the surface spot the stargate activating and they the shadow weapons coming out to play and beams to sg-1 team and the other team up and moves away from the planet also capturing the stargate and dialer to make sure the shadows do not use it to flee to another planet like the one the sg-1 came from.

this would be the first meeting between earth and the aug in a long time. though for earth only a a few years while for the aug its been 100 of years and in some 1000's.

Ranma/mass effect
minor crossover.

ranma spilt from his female half ends up traveling through some realitys? (maybe not) but ends up in the past on a planet far from other races and finds some tech from bb5,startrek,stargate,starwars,warhammer 4k, battlestar galatica new series and with help from ranko and later from some of women that end up coming through a rift like a younger jean grey and her twin sister madelynn, emma frost, and cuckoos and some others, all of them being psychics.
over time using the tech and knowledge like time dialaters (meaning alter the flow of time) they build a massive Dyson sphere and move it into jump space (babylon 5 hyperspace) to add additional protection.
building ships and such but also body armour to hid what they look like and they later meet the alien races like the asari and others.
later some children are born and the systems alliance comes onto the scene but ranma and co remain hidden on who they are as after living for so long learning so much they are different now to normal humans as they have powerful psychic abilities and technology.

ranma/stargate/buffy the vampire slayer
minor crossovers

ranma ends up traveling to other realities and comes back with lots of experience, tech and a starship which he lands on mars to hid and builds a base with the help of his female crew.
7 of 9, Andromeda android, jean grey and twin sister some others.
goes to earth and runs into buffy and helps her out this would be before the start of season 1 after the film.
later training training buffy in a variety of combat styles and creating psi blades that can deal a great deal of damage to the supernatural plus some other psychic abilities.
kendra and faith get the same training.
all three have a child by ranma when they are "the slayer".

ranma/mass effect
minor crossover?

ranma (super brain) ends up on a alien world in the future and learns through some hard work and stealing an omni tool that humanity has either not meet the other races or has and just finished the first contact war.
sets out to build himself a ship of his own and spends time learning the tech being used and creating new tech along with access to some other tech?

tell me which one you liked and maybe a direction it should or could go in. what could be added and such.
warning in some cases like halo and mass effect i haven't played the game at all and either read the stories, the fanfiction or watched the anime, tv series and films.
Though i do have all three mass effect games just waiting to be played.
“That is not dead which can eternal lie, yet with stranger aeons, even Death may die.”

eternity is within the moments the seconds, grasp those seconds and that moment will last for an eternity.
Tentai21
Senshi Candidate

Re: Dulge of story ideas

Postby Spica75 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:09 pm

Buffy TVS/ Stargate
minor crossover

Probably works. Although i know near nothing of WH40K, so can´t judge on that part. Personally i think the Technomage part might be enough for him? They´re pretty damn impressive after all.

Have the other characters as one each from ST, SW etc? You could manage that by having the orders from the principal be that they have to go as a single theme, which is how you could also snag Cordy/Joyce and Jenny. Especially Joyce might be hard to include, since originally she´s out of town for work at that time. Cordelia and Jenny you can just have end up "in the wrong time and place" to get caught together with Xander&friends by Evil Principal(tm), and lumped together with them.

Don´t just change Xander though, do something for Buffy and Willow as well, regardless if it has no real influence later and cause no major changes, it´s horribly annoying with how far too many YAHF only changes Xander and nothing else, to the point of using exact events from the original despite having something clearly changed that would add a butterfly effect.

Also beware that there are some "edges" that will be uneven when crossing Buffy with Stargate, the universes doesn´t quite meld perfectly. It´s not so bad though, Buffy crossed with Harry Potter, now THAT is where it gets iffy to piece the contradicting universes together.

#####
though ranma is more intelligent than canon ranma but hids it.

Why? This is an overused kliche, too often without any reason for it to be included, so checking if you have a reason for it.

the remains of some star trek fed ships and cylon ships with some crew still alive.

Eh, what? Why the extra crossover?

borg ranma/star gate

Might be workable but doesn´t really look promising.

#####

ranma/mass effect/
minor crossover with star trek, star wars others.

Not sure. Not my type of fic so hard to say.

#####

Ranma/stargate/crysis

This one sounds potentially interesting.

#####

Ranma halo crossover

Maybe... Do you have to set up a harem in every fic though? If you focus too much on that, it will almost certainly hurt the story overall.

#####

ranma/stargate/starcraft crossover

Heh, could be good. Beware of trying to crossover too much though. While it may very well work fine, it IS tougher to write.
Definitely some potential here though.

#####

Ranma/mass effect
minor crossover.

Sounds too much like wishful thinking and/or Mary Sue-ing. Need a very good start for this one to work, but probably has some potential if that can be managed.

#####

ranma/stargate/buffy the vampire slayer
minor crossovers

Far too similar to the previous suggestion. And again, if the only reason to write is completing a harem, then it´s not really a fic worth writing.

#####

ranma/mass effect
minor crossover?

Too much like previous ones. It´s becoming merely a variation on the theme "uber-Ranma with uber-Harem".
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Re: Dulge of story ideas

Postby Tentai21 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:57 pm

Thanks for replying spica75

Yeah i noticed that when i look back on go over it in my head that i do put together a large grouping of females for ranma.

I think that's because i don't like the choices that ranma has, and try and fill it with someone else.
getting each with some air time for the female characters would be difficult like the ranma/stargate/buffy TVS.
as when i was first thinking it up i seemed to focus more on earth and ranma interactions with the slayers and less on the tech and those that came with ranma.
What i could do is drop some and say have ranma arrive through a rift on earth without a space ship say two or four others with him. he has the tech, he has the knowledge and training along with experience. So he could recreate the technology and such, i think likely ranma ended up on rifts earth and going to the anvil galaxy sort of place, with some starcraft thrown in for good measure.
its the psi blades that i like, so ranma knows how to deal with the supernatual though it looks a bit uber as i was thinking magic as well to add to the psi ability and ki as well so maybe make it a weak ability or none. so the ki and psi ability could grant him some resistance to magic.

I think you noticed that i tend to mix in additional technology as its a different theme, i think its because the main theme lacks what these other tech bases have or because he doesn't have to go about creating it as its already there.

That and as you pointed out that i tend to have a problem of running with an idea and copying it over placing it in a different setting.

Warhammer 40k:
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Cryptek
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Canoptek_Spyder
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Canoptek_Scarab

I was trying to think how it would go as the stuff that the necrons created was pretty incredible while the technomages were just as good. though once i started on the idea of stargate with it well i was trying to think why would he use anything from the goa'uld and ancient tech base when his is just as advanced or more so?
the scarabs can take anything apart and either rebuild it or build something else as the turn anything into energy and then build something very different to what materials had been converted to energy.
that and there equivalent to the wraith hull ability to regenerate and create a resistance to what damaged it but not organic but a from of living metal that mimics organic matter.

so i could likely drop the crypteks as being to powerful and go with star wars and star trek. as the crystals in stargate that are used in most technologies are under the heading of organic to some degree so xander would have little difficulty creating them and also most likely improving them as well.
That and i could see him building his ship that is a mixture of organic technology and inorganic as somethings don't work as well with organics like hyperspace though if naqida (sorry for the poor spelling for what the milky way galaxy in stargate has for the building blocks of tech there) isn't as abundant in Pegasus then its little surprise that the wraith hulls don't work well with hyperspace.
Still i could see him using three types of ftl, on being warp drive, the jump drive from BB5 and the local hyper drive.
the warp drive as a sort of exploration and battle use and the jump drive with the shadow ability to phase into and out of jump space would make it a very good tactical retreat from battle and such, and the hyper drive of stargate well its fast and powerful.
Though the one from star wars is as fast or such but i think having four would be pushing it a bit don't you.

borg king ranma stargate with ships well its not exactly a full crossover as stated before i am after the tech and females in that, those who have a specialty like beverly crusher as a doctor and seven of nine though some are just because i like them.

i sort of realized that with borg ranma it would be some what difficult to write in some parts as it would be so easy to have ranma follow the borg queen and do the assimilation game to everyone starting with earth.
if you have ever watched stargate episode 2010 the aschen are a people i really hate don't know why but i do, and the idea that ranma pulls a borg and conquers most of them, leaving a few who spread a dark tale of a cybernetic race swallowing up the aschen into iteslf.

Maybe building a space station in that nebula that the citadel in mass effect sits in or some place a massive one.

Ranma/stargate/starcraft
it is sort of interesting isn't it the idea of having some marvel and dc characters and races appearing though not being as powerful as their counter parts but still existing.
i can see the wackiness of someone trying to create krypton only to likely go the same way though not as advanced as their fictional counter parts they still have something similar to their powers though mostly its them being able to uses there psychic abilities to strengthen their bodies to a higher level, enhance their strength and so on. though things like xray vision is more along the lines of forsight or farsight that actually seeing through object with their actual eyes so its their minds eye, and the heat vision maybe not.

the idea of seeing ranma having to deal with the arguments on the ship when supergirl and i think Galatia get into an argument that turns to a cat fight near the end after they put each other through a wall or jean and her sister or clone madelynn (not sure on that) having their own fight.

remember they are just augmented humans that found ways to imitate their favorite comic book race and such and so are not as powerful or have all the abilities.

the ranma/stargate/crysis has always interested me as i did a small bit of writing and it really wasn't that good as i had the crysis crossed over with patlabor and burn-up anime and i think something else but it looked terrible either way when i look back on it as well as how ranma gets the suit.

still the idea i thought of looks a lot better as i than before. I was also trying to think on if ranma would keep the suit as is or try and add to it as the nanosuit 2 and 1 are limited to what energy it can gather and store within itself and also the armour, its still an amazing suit either way.

likely ranma using the tech from the rift generator though he will likely stop using i as the risk could become to great as he could end up pulling something dangerous into his reality. still what what he gains he could either replace thee damaged limbs and organs with cybernetic versions or cloned ones, but either way it doesn't make much difference with the suit and yes i think him bonding with it will happen, though i was just thinking of it becoming similar to the kull armour at some point.

i leave it for now and thanks for the reply and points you made.
“That is not dead which can eternal lie, yet with stranger aeons, even Death may die.”

eternity is within the moments the seconds, grasp those seconds and that moment will last for an eternity.
Tentai21
Senshi Candidate

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes