DresdenFiles: Corpsetaker swaps with Harry intead of Luccio

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Re: DresdenFiles: Corpsetaker swaps with Harry intead of Luc

Postby Blackcat101 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:13 am

Sunshine wrote:Because otherwise Mab would loophole back at Dresden. I mean Mab has said that Thomas is an acceptable replacement for the Winter Knight. Despite Thomas being a vampire. But Mab's said because he's in love that's mortal enough for her.

Well, that's something for the Writer to figure out, isn't it?

And while not said in Dresden Files, is common Folklore that all debts, save family ones, are canceled in death, heck even as late as the Count of Montecristo, that was used as a plot point. Dresden was keep on a state of "mostly death" to avoid that, lophole much?
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:27 pm

Blackcat101 wrote:Well, that's something for the Writer to figure out, isn't it?

And while not said in Dresden Files, is common Folklore that all debts, save family ones, are canceled in death, heck even as late as the Count of Montecristo, that was used as a plot point. Dresden was keep on a state of "mostly death" to avoid that, lophole much?

But on the other hand when Dresden was Dead the Lea was keeping his debts.

And Lea was keeping what she owed Dresden's mother too.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Blackcat101 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:42 pm

True, but that was only because Desdren was in a state were he could be revived, had he truly passed away, well, not even the Fae would be able to do something about it.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:45 pm

Yeeaahhhhh?

And if Dresden were body swapped into a new body, and denied his name (huge if there) the fae wouldn't be able to do something about it?

Given Mab was able to keep from being cheated out of Harry's obligations to her when he got shot and basically died, I hardly think Harry getting body swapped and going "Nope I'm not Harry anymore" would be something insurmountable to Mab.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:38 am

Funnily enough, there's a fic out there with this exact premise, but it didn't go that far. The funny thing about the fic was Thomas's reaction.

One neat thing about Luccio remaining in her own body while Dresden is in the Alician body? Dresden can now get one of the Warden blades. Luccio wouldn't lose the capacity to make such a blade.

Also, Bob's reaction to Harry now being female would be amusing.

Anyway, I'll see if I can hunt down the fic to give you a link.
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:35 pm

Oooh, that was a fun read.

Shame it was so short, and that some sections were rushed.

But *yes* that's prettymuch the idea I was thinking of to a T.

Very neat.

And good point on that Lucio could make Dresden a warden blade.

Thanks for the link you guys!
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Blackcat101 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:02 pm

Sunshine wrote:Yeeaahhhhh?

And if Dresden were body swapped into a new body, and denied his name (huge if there) the fae wouldn't be able to do something about it?

Given Mab was able to keep from being cheated out of Harry's obligations to her when he got shot and basically died, I hardly think Harry getting body swapped and going "Nope I'm not Harry anymore" would be something insurmountable to Mab.

Well, Fae are not mortals, even if the person who the Fae owned something dies, the Fae still keeps the debt, like how certain Fae is still supposed to be Harry godmother even if the person who made that deal is dead. But then, when Harry died, he was still somewhat there, as a copy (his ghost) so he was not truly gone. Fae live and die by rules, because since they lack a soul, rules are what define them.

So yes, Harry would most likely keep his debts, unless his (her) new body was unable to fill the role. Soulfire and hellfire come from the soul (one eats the soul, the other corrupts it), but the power of Winter or Summer, does it get stored in the body?

The main reason so many beings want Harry as a servant is because he is powerful and resourceful. Being stuck in a weaker body would mean the Faes would delay their plans for Harry, as as "she" is has a small chance to become strong again.

Edit: Being a girl, Dresden will lose his old-fashioned chivalry a lot faster that he does in the books.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Previous

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes