Senki Zesshou Symphogear Crossovers

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Senki Zesshou Symphogear Crossovers

Postby kalad1 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:14 am

I've noticed that the number of Symphogear crosses seems surprisingly sparse, so here's some thoughts for possible crosses. WARNING: Symphogear spoilers may appear

First, Ranma:
Ranma was raised on the road visiting many exotic places, so there's plenty of opportunity, especially given Genma's larcenous habits, for him to come in contact with a Relic, possibly an incomplete one like Tachibana's, and from there it's just a dunk in Jusenkyo and an encounter with Noise for Ranma to potentially have an active Symphogear. On the plus, Symphogears seem to be very physical compared to stuff like Sailor Moon, on the minus, she has to sing to power it. Also, the Commander is basically a superpowered martial artist in his own right, so that could give Ranma further incentive to stay around.

Second: Nanoha
Simply making the city Symphogear takes place in(which... I don't think is ever actually named) be Uminari city, and from there you can have the gambits of Precia and Fine overlap, causing many complications and interactions that could be quite interesting.

Third: Fate/Stay Night
Hibiki is, arguably, almost as messed up in the head as Shirou is(admittedly depending on viewer interpretation), and Shirou would be compelled to help, or attempt to, with the Noise problem. Bring various Magus complications into the mix, and depending on the chosen point of view for presentation, it could also be quite interesting.
kalad1
Senshi Cadet

Re: Senki Zesshou Symphogear Crossovers

Postby kazenoryu » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:17 pm

Interesting ideas,

I wonder if Ranma would see the Symphogear as a cheap power up? Also imagine the damage that could be wrought if the Neko-ken also triggered the berserk mode.
Hmm...and having a Symphogear will eventually bring him/her to contact with Tsubaki, perhaps giving him new insights to what he would do with his life?
Or perhaps having her singing ability discovered she is eventually forced to become and idol or something...
Also since most of the characters' background have something to do with music, there could be a tie-in with Nodoka being a singer or maybe Ranma's grandparents being musicians.
kazenoryu
Senshi Candidate

Postby kalad1 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:25 am

I confess that Nodoka as a singer or manager or something did occur to me as well. As to a 'cheap power-up' I think that's a bit flanderized in fanfic, as the first example to come to mind, Ranma was perfectly willing to use Gekkaja. I think it would be more accurate to Ranma's character to pose that he doesn't like such things being used as a crutch, as opposed to being against various enhancing weapons/artifacts on principle.
kalad1
Senshi Cadet

Postby kazenoryu » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:28 pm

kalad1 wrote:I confess that Nodoka as a singer or manager or something did occur to me as well. As to a 'cheap power-up' I think that's a bit flanderized in fanfic, as the first example to come to mind, Ranma was perfectly willing to use Gekkaja. I think it would be more accurate to Ranma's character to pose that he doesn't like such things being used as a crutch, as opposed to being against various enhancing weapons/artifacts on principle.

I see. Well it's been a while since I last read the Manga, and my knowledge of the series has long since been convoluted with the fanon.

Now that I think of it, another way to tie in Ranma would be to have Nabiki as manager, though that's probably way overused.
kazenoryu
Senshi Candidate

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes