Powerless...a ranma/sailor moon cross

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Powerless...a ranma/sailor moon cross

Postby talonhunter » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:50 pm

this idea has been scrambling thru my head for the last month since Vahn started their xmen/Ranma cross over idea and is kinda teasing my muse with its temptations, so I'm gonna put it up here and I'll post more to it if it gets feedback be it good or bad as I have a few ideas where to go with it but would like to hear if it looks interesting to everyone else as well. So here we go...

Powerless

Just a idea for a Ranma sailor moon crossover

What happens when your world ends? When everything you fought for and dreamed about crashes to the ground around you and there is nothing you can do to prevent or change it?

Scene one:Ranma 1/2...
He wakes to a world of pain, unable to move. The last thing he remembers was fighting for his life trying to save those he cared for once more. But something happened. Trying to take stock of the situation he finds his body unresponsive to even the least of his wishes. His ki sluggish and moving like tar. "Cripes, my ki hasn't been this unresponsive ever" he thinks. Opening his eyes, he can see he is not currently a he, but a she. And she is tied with restraints to the hospital bed with one of her legs in a suspended cast, her arms in casts one to the wrist and the other to her shoulder. Her now long hair is in a ponytail to the right side of her head with her neck being held immobile in a brace. ."looks like I lost pretty badly this time" she grumbles out loud to her empty room.

Scene two: Sailor Moon...
Usagi rolls herself along in the wheelchair she has been stuck using for the last six months. A freak accident they said. Her life changed forever. Momaru had been the lucky one as far as she was concerned. His death in the plane crash was almost anti climatic considering the way their lives had been before. It took the lonely Senshi of Saturn to put things into perspective for Usagi. She was still alive, and was still their princess. She would just need to find her path in this new situation. It also helped that her future daughter managed to send a message to her letting her know she was alright, but was unable to be with her at the present time due to temporal schisms and backlash. So unable to perform as sailor moon any more, she started to visit the hospital to cheer those who needed it most, and to try and help them restore their damaged spirit. One such individual was due to wake that day, after the doctors had been sure they had healed enough to be allowed to wake. Rolling up to the door to the room, Usagi knocked before entering calling out in a cheerful tone..."Hello, I'm Usagi. Wanna be friends?"
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Re: Powerless...a ranma/sailor moon cross

Postby Blackcat101 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:29 pm

The problem with this is, both Sailor Moon and Sailor Saturn have healing powers, so Usagi would not be in the hospital for long. How about making the two younger, like lets say ten years old?

Ten year old Ranma was in the hospital due to a "Training accident."

Ten year old Usagi survived a car crash.

I think that way it works better.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:58 pm

I should note... Chibi-Usa should no longer be possible if Mamoru is dead.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:27 pm

PCHeintz72 wrote:I should note... Chibi-Usa should no longer be possible if Mamoru is dead.

Actually, Sailor Pluto has a place out of time and could have saved some genetic samples, since sperm just doesn't last enough. O_-
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:34 pm

Blackcat101 wrote:Actually, Sailor Pluto has a place out of time and could have saved some genetic samples, since sperm just doesn't last enough. O_-

I actually have seen that excuse used in a number of Sailor moon stories with him dead.

I should note sperm can only live outside a woman at most a few hours... inside a woman 3-5 days. I would be very curious indeed to learn how Setsuna would have samples of his sperm and place in stasis within the feasible timeframe.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:41 pm

PCHeintz72 wrote:I should note sperm can only live outside a woman at most a few hours... inside a woman 3-5 days. I would be very curious indeed to learn how Setsuna would have samples of his sperm and place in stasis within the feasible timeframe.

That's why I said "Genetic material", is easier for Pluto to get, and is even with possible with current medicine, maybe the use of the Silver Crystal to fix any genetic defects was what left Chibi-Usa with Pink hair and red eyes?
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:09 pm

PCHeintz72 wrote:I actually have seen that excuse used in a number of Sailor moon stories with him dead.

I should note sperm can only live outside a woman at most a few hours... inside a woman 3-5 days. I would be very curious indeed to learn how Setsuna would have samples of his sperm and place in stasis within the feasible timeframe.

That´s only correct as long as you´re in an age where freezers does not exist. Try googling sperm bank.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:33 pm

Spica75 wrote:That´s only correct as long as you´re in an age where freezers does not exist. Try googling sperm bank.

I know that... but Pluto would have to get the sperm sample in the allotted time into a form of stasis or freezer.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:06 pm

This is the prime reason for having ranma and Usagi be in their late teens as well instead of much younger. As for the healing abilities of Saturn and Moon, some damage can't be healed like that and Usagi was in no condition to be able to do more than stabilize herself when she was first injured. After a while the injury would be healed to a point that the body accepts its at for healing, so Usagi has a long way to go in the physical therapy area before she is able to walk again, let along resume a role as sailor moon. Hotaru has limits on how much she can heal someone, including resurrection, but that's still up in the air as she might be able to shorten the recovery time some. Also you would realistically expect someone to slowly recover from any accident, and the senshi were not the first to find her either.

Addressing the Usa point...if she comes from a parallel timeline one cosmic thread over, there is no reason why she cant be alive either, why else would she have a issue with the time schism preventing her from coming back to injured Usagi's timeline...^_^

=^*^=
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:22 pm

Usagi is basically a white mage, so what would take years of recovery would only be weeks or at most a few months to her, and that's if she doesn't want risk using the Silver Crystal. Hotaru healing powers might be more limited, but it should make that in a month or so Usagi can leave the hospital. That does not meant she can skip the recovery therapy.

And there is a very good reason why Ranma and Usagi should meet at a younger age, kids make friends easily, and young Ranma was much less of a jerk and didn't have his rivals and fiancees. Without the two of them not having any powers and abilities at a young age, save the fact children heal faster than adults, they have time to bond over. Plus, since back then Ranma thought Ukyo was a boy, Usagi would be Ranma first female friend.

You can always make it so they don't meet again due to Ranma's training all over Japan until Ranma comes back from China. Then they have trouble to get together both due to Ranma situation and Usagi being a Senshi and not wanting Ranma to get killed by a youma.

Also, while Usagi is a tad naive, she does change after the first season, the whole "Hi my name is Usagi, would you like to be my friend?" Would not work with a Ranma who had the abuse Ranma had in the manga, with Usagi being an attractive girl in her late teens. Ranma knows how bad his rivals and fiancees can get, and would try to push Usagi away to keep her safe. And Usagi would feel like a heel becoming friendly with a guy so soon after her boyfriend died.

But if the two of them meet when they are ten years old, then all those obstacles don't exist, and we don't have to break the suspension of disbelief so much. You can make both of them up to 13 years old (Usagi Became Sailor Moon when she was 14) so they meet in the hospital without the obstacles they would have later in life,
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:42 pm

talonhunter wrote:Addressing the Usa point...if she comes from a parallel timeline one cosmic thread over, there is no reason why she cant be alive either, why else would she have a issue with the time schism preventing her from coming back to injured Usagi's timeline...^_^

Usa could indeed still be alive, but if she went back in her own time, it would be to one where her father was alive, not one with him dead.

For all intents timelines with Usagi but a dead Mamoru past the point of his death should be closed to Usa. they would be for all intents on completely different branches of a tree. Usa *could* do a full blown dimension hop I suppose, but I don't really see how that benefits her in any way, as it would not really be helping her own actual mother, but a dimensional analogue instead.

Unless the intent is to have her alter time to get Mamoru back for her mom and save herself, then she would be going far enough back to when he was still alive.

I suppose you could say she is alive by using the power of the time gates to stabilize her, I *have* seen Sailor Moon stories do that. In theory I suppose you could say her temporal signature would not be standard due to the fact she has travelled in time multiple times in her past.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby ckosacranoid » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:25 pm

I can see the story working from where it starts. Sailor could use her powers to heal herself, but a very quick use would blow her cover as moon, so she is going to have to do the long drawn out way to keep her secert. As for capeboy being dead, later on she has the bloody crystal, he could be reborn later on and still father the spore.
I would write this up a couple of more setup chapters and see where your muse takes it.
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:35 pm

Even if Sailor Moon decides to slow down her healing to avoid revealing she is Sailor moon, there is the problem with Ranma rivals and fiancees. Ranma would try hard to avoid Usagi for "Her own good". Hence why I think it works better with both of them being younger.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:08 pm

This also works if most, if not all of Ranma's rivals and fiancées are gone or unable to take any actions regarding him if they think or have been told he was dead, and with Ranma currently female and having been in a medically induced coma it does put him in a situation to have a fresh start. I'll finish up the fight that led to his current situation as well as more on a theory of why the king of earth wears a mask in the future. I play around with the age thing as well, having them both re introduce themselves to each other at this point.((remember Ranma is a girl at this point and Usagi probably hasn't seen his female form yet. Hmmm))

=^*^=
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:47 am

You did not mention any mode lock before. Also the Amazons would not believe Ranma is dead until they see a body, and maybe not even then.Someone has to be paying the bills, that means the Tendo's. Plus, Nabiki would search every hospital for "Redhead girls" just in case then can't find Ranma as a male. And Ukyo could close shop and go looking for Ranma, and both Kodachi and Tatewaki kuno would invest money looking for Ranma different forms.

This is what I think would happen instead:

The room had dull white walls with a single bed near the doorway of the hospital room. The windows where closed but the lids where not, so the sun rays illuminated the room. A small television sat on a shelf attached to the wall, it was turned off. The door to the room was shut and outside was someone doing guard. That person was Ukyo, once she heard what happened she had closed her restaurant and come to look at his beloved Ranchan, only to find out visiting hours where over. Worse, she then found out only family was allowed to see him, and since they weren't married yet, she wasn't allowed to see him at all. Once she got the details of what had happened from calling Nabiki, who strangely didn't charge her, she decided that since her restaurant was already closed for the day she could at least guard outside the door to prevent any idiot to try to take advantage of Ranma being in a coma and finish him.

That had been a month ago, and after a week and the insistence of irate martial artists they had allowed almost everyone to visit him, save for those who wanted to take advantage of the state he was and kill Ranma. Since she couldn't keep guard of Ranma everyday, eventually Ukyo had dragged Ryoga and Shampoo to do guard duty too. Ryoga was easy to convince by pointing out to him how it would be dishonorable to let any of Ranma rivals kill him while he was in a coma, and Shampoo liked the idea to be close to her Airen.

Ranma jolted awake. His eyes were wide and he stared out ahead, instincts trained from years of surprise attacks and people wanting to kill him running wild. He was disoriented, but a small part of him told him it was a good idea to find out things before trying to escape from danger. Where was he? Why was he here? What had happened?

Then the more rational part of his mind then took over, despite the fact that his whole body felt in pain. He recognized that he was in an hospital room and forced himself to calm down. He had no clue how injured he was, and while two years ago he would tried to get up to prove that whatever happened was nothing, he then remembered that he had a fight with Ryu, the winner of the World Warrior tournament. Despite that, he decided to sit up and look at himself, then he saw an IV tube taped to the bend of his arm, then followed the tube and saw a bag of clear fluid dropping down into the tube.

"Hello, anyone here?" Ranma yelled then had to gasp for air, the mere effort of doing that hurt, to make things worse the door opened up and he got a painful hug from a cute brunette yelling "RANCHAN! YOU WOKE UP!"
From my story Defeating the dragon.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Next

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes