Powerless...a ranma/sailor moon cross

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Re: Powerless...a ranma/sailor moon cross

Postby talonhunter » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:04 pm

Blackcat101 wrote:You did not mention any mode lock before. Also the Amazons would not believe Ranma is dead until they see a body, and maybe not even then.Someone has to be paying the bills, that means the Tendo's. Plus, Nabiki would search every hospital for "Redhead girls" just in case then can't find Ranma as a male. And Ukyo could close shop and go looking for Ranma, and both Kodachi and Tatewaki kuno would invest money looking for Ranma different forms.

This is what I think would happen instead:

The room had dull white walls with a single bed near the doorway of the hospital room. The windows where closed but the lids where not, so the sun rays illuminated the room. A small television sat on a shelf attached to the wall, it was turned off. The door to the room was shut and outside was someone doing guard. That person was Ukyo, once she heard what happened she had closed her restaurant and come to look at his beloved Ranchan, only to find out visiting hours where over. Worse, she then found out only family was allowed to see him, and since they weren't married yet, she wasn't allowed to see him at all. Once she got the details of what had happened from calling Nabiki, who strangely didn't charge her, she decided that since her restaurant was already closed for the day she could at least guard outside the door to prevent any idiot to try to take advantage of Ranma being in a coma and finish him.

That had been a month ago, and after a week and the insistence of irate martial artists they had allowed almost everyone to visit him, save for those who wanted to take advantage of the state he was and kill Ranma. Since she couldn't keep guard of Ranma everyday, eventually Ukyo had dragged Ryoga and Shampoo to do guard duty too. Ryoga was easy to convince by pointing out to him how it would be dishonorable to let any of Ranma rivals kill him while he was in a coma, and Shampoo liked the idea to be close to her Airen.

Ranma jolted awake. His eyes were wide and he stared out ahead, instincts trained from years of surprise attacks and people wanting to kill him running wild. He was disoriented, but a small part of him told him it was a good idea to find out things before trying to escape from danger. Where was he? Why was he here? What had happened?

Then the more rational part of his mind then took over, despite the fact that his whole body felt in pain. He recognized that he was in an hospital room and forced himself to calm down. He had no clue how injured he was, and while two years ago he would tried to get up to prove that whatever happened was nothing, he then remembered that he had a fight with Ryu, the winner of the World Warrior tournament. Despite that, he decided to sit up and look at himself, then he saw an IV tube taped to the bend of his arm, then followed the tube and saw a bag of clear fluid dropping down into the tube.

"Hello, anyone here?" Ranma yelled then had to gasp for air, the mere effort of doing that hurt, to make things worse the door opened up and he got a painful hug from a cute brunette yelling "RANCHAN! YOU WOKE UP!"
From my story Defeating the dragon.

never said anything about a lock or other mode, just that Ranka was currently female and Usagi wouldn't have know about it yet if they were meeting again for the first time in years in the hospital again. Also, if the amazons were gone due to something happening, they might very well leave Ranma alone if someone said they were dead. Also it is a given Nabiki would know where Ranma was, she is the one who puts him there after the fight that almost destroys him. I'm thinking Akane and Ukyo weren't kidnapped as well, leaving a frazzled Nabiki and heartbroken Kasumi alone with what to do about Ranma. Now with someone keeping the amazons away either due to war at home or even death, it would only make it more than possible to give Ranma a clear chance as well. Remember by this time Ranma is almost family anyway in Nabiki's thoughts, and she has shown it as well in the later parts of the storyline also. As for your dragon story, I have read it a while back and I see why your thinking this would be the case. I'll be posting more scenes and backstory later this weekend and also I'll play with the pair having met at a younger age as well and leave it here for input as well
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Re: Powerless...a ranma/sailor moon cross

Postby Blackcat101 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:38 am

talonhunter wrote:never said anything about a lock or other mode, just that Ranka was currently female and Usagi wouldn't have know about it yet if they were meeting again for the first time in years in the hospital again. Also, if the amazons were gone due to something happening, they might very well leave Ranma alone if someone said they were dead. Also it is a given Nabiki would know where Ranma was, she is the one who puts him there after the fight that almost destroys him. I'm thinking Akane and Ukyo weren't kidnapped as well, leaving a frazzled Nabiki and heartbroken Kasumi alone with what to do about Ranma. Now with someone keeping the amazons away either due to war at home or even death, it would only make it more than possible to give Ranma a clear chance as well. Remember by this time Ranma is almost family anyway in Nabiki's thoughts, and she has shown it as well in the later parts of the storyline also. As for your dragon story, I have read it a while back and I see why your thinking this would be the case. I'll be posting more scenes and backstory later this weekend and also I'll play with the pair having met at a younger age as well and leave it here for input as well

Those are way too many what's ifs, you need Ranma to be in female form, you need Usagi to not see Ranma as male, you need Usagi's boyfriend to have died, and a lot of things. You also need Nabiki of all people, to be kind enough to not tell anyone were Ranma's is. Nabiki seeing Ranma as family?

Is much easier to have Usagi and Ranma meet at a younger age, then have them meet again being older, and the two bonding due to how jaded their experiences have left them. Otherwise, you are changing way too much from the two series, in Usagi's case you have:

*) Mamoru Chiba/Tuxedo Mask dies.

*) Usagi is injured and refuses to heal herself or let others heal her-

*) The Senshi mostly leaving her alone.

In Ranma's case you have.

*) Nabiki being Oc.

*) Ranma's rivals and fiancees not finding were Ranma is (By both anime and manga canon, that is seriously OOC)

*) Ranma being friendly to a cute girl despite all his troubles with girls, and the fact the girl is a "Non combatant" and his fiancees could hurt her.

*) The amazons being gone?

Seriously, you are changing way too many things. it kind of breaks the suspension of disbelief.

It would be actually easier to have Ranma end exiled into the Sailor Moon universe that making that many changes. After all you are removing almost all of Ranma 1/2 cast anyway. And Ranma could have just got injured by one of the monsters the Senshi faced or one of their enemies.

Then you could have Usagi go to visit Ranma because she feels guilty.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Previous

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes