So Ranma gets literally stuck as a cat...

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

So Ranma gets literally stuck as a cat...

Postby Blackcat101 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:41 pm

I know it has been done, but I still want to write a story about that.

Basically, it will be the typical story of Ranma being hit with a lot of magic /curses all the same time, only instead of super Ranma, Ranma ends literally stuck a cat, granted a cat who knows anything goes and ki techniques, but still a cat. Then to make it worse he gets exiled to another world.

So, any sugestions and ideas?

Maybe Ranma could end as the pet of Hinata's Inn, and watch amused as for once is another guy who gets all the abuse. Maybe he could do a few pranks... yeah I think the story would end at least semi-crack...
Last edited by Blackcat101 on Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Re: So Ranma gets stuck as a cat...

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:35 pm

Blackcat101 wrote:I know it has been done, but I still want to write a story about that.

Basically, it will be the typical story of Ranma being hit with a lot of magic /curses all the same time, only instead of super Ranma, Ranma ends stuck a cat, granted a cat who knows anything goes and ki techniques, but still a cat. Then to make it worse he gets exiled to another world.

So, any sugestions and ideas?

Maybe Ranma could end as the pet of Hinata's Inn, and watch amused as for once is another guy who gets all the abuse. Maybe he could do a few pranks... yeah I think the story would end at least semi-crack...

That would only work if Ranma had been turned into a *female* cat.

I assume from the description it is a cat person, not a cat.

you are right though, it has been done a few times over the years, closest to come to mind is the multiple crossover called 'Neko' by Angel Frog.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Re: So Ranma gets literally stuck as a cat...

Postby Blackcat101 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:32 pm

PCHeintz72 wrote:
I assume from the description it is a cat person, not a cat.

you are right though, it has been done a few times over the years, closest to come to mind is the multiple crossover called 'Neko' by Angel Frog.

Actually, when I mean cat, I mean LITERALLY a cat, English is not my first language sorry. And yes Ranma still has his Jusenko curse, but is hard to tell gender with cats, so the only noticeable change is the color of his/her fur.

Plus, is still Ranma, he will probably create a fighting style that fits his cat body. And the fact he can't talk means his foot on mouth disease won't get him in trouble. But, still being Ranma, problems will chase him or those close to him, not that the people of Hinata's Inn would notice.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:08 pm

He’s been Artemis a few times (and Akane was Luna at least once), plus he’s been Ami’s cat. Don’t recall having read a story of Ranma-the-cat in any other storyverses.
A government is the only known vessel that leaks from the top. (James Reston)
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:32 pm

Té Rowan wrote:He’s been Artemis a few times (and Akane was Luna at least once), plus he’s been Ami’s cat. Don’t recall having read a story of Ranma-the-cat in any other storyverses.

Could you please link the story where he is Amy's cat?
Last edited by Blackcat101 on Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby TerraEpon » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:39 pm

Don't think I've seen that one either...
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:38 pm

You’d have to have read dogbertcarroll’s “SM Fragments” to come across that bit. It’s in fragment #13, btw.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3605132/13/SM-Fragments
A government is the only known vessel that leaks from the top. (James Reston)
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:32 pm

Té Rowan wrote:You’d have to have read dogbertcarroll’s “SM Fragments” to come across that bit. It’s in fragment #13, btw.

Thank you, I think Ranma becoming Amy's cat has potential.

Ideas/Options

*) A curse by Happosai (closest to canon, who knows how much magic stuff the old leech has stolen?) Basically, is a curse so Ranma biggest fear comes true, Happy thinks is being stuck as a girl, but is actually cats.

*) Shampoo buys an item by Catalog that she believes will make it to Ranma is no longer scared of cats.

*) Ranma is hit by a magic potion, a curse and a magical item at almost the same time (that Idea has been used a lot)

*) Jerkass genie, wish gone wrong. Basically Ranma wishes for a better life.

*) Ranma tries to get rid himself of the neko-ken after he ended hurting people too much and putting them in the hospital.

*) One of his rivals does it to him.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:58 am

Té Rowan wrote:You’d have to have read dogbertcarroll’s “SM Fragments” to come across that bit. It’s in fragment #13, btw.

Thanks for the link - I hadn't read that one.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Blackcat101 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:20 pm

I think it will go by the "A curse by Happosai" option.

After the failed wedding, everyone in the Tendo house is in a bad mood, including Ranma, so when Happosai acts as if nothing had happened, Ranma uses the old leech weakness, beats him up, and kicks him away to Leo. Happosai gets angry and decides to look around for a way to curse Ranma so he learns his lesson. He finds a curse for a to make someone greatest fear come true, Happy thinks it will be Ranma be stuck as Ranko-chan, so he decides to go for it. Meanwhile, Ranma had walked away the house in anger, as he is not willing to deal with everyone usual antics. Happosai ambuses Ranma and curses him, but instead of Ranko, he ends with Ranma being turned into a cat that atacks him in full neko ken mode, since Happy doesn't have a weakness against cats, he fights back. Later, an injured cat Ranma is found by a twelve year old Ami Mizuno, as the fight ended with Ranma landing in Juuban. Amy takes pity on the cat and pays for him to be treated of his wounds.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:36 pm

I can already hear P-chan snickering.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Blackcat101 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:43 pm

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:I can already hear P-chan snickering.

Oh, I plan on Nabiki start using Ryoga once they can't find Ranma...
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:09 pm

That will Drive poor shampoo crazy as well
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:33 pm

talonhunter wrote:That will Drive poor shampoo crazy as well

Not really, Shampoo will just go looking for Ranma, if she was patient enough to chase Ranma-chan for over a month from China, she is patient enough to keep looking for Ranma.

But Kuno would also go looking for his pigtailed goddess
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby WG_Writer » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:37 pm

This idea does have potential but as with all Ranma stories that affect his curse the question is "Why Ranma" If you are going to do anything with this story including Ranma as a cat you need to stay on the line that makes it obvious it is Ranma to the readers.
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Next

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes