1/2 Mutant

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

1/2 Mutant

Postby talonhunter » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:04 pm

1/2 Mutant

Vahn, this is all your fault so you must take your share of the blame here...
Story idea...Charles Xavier has had a few ... Relationships... Thru the years. We know he has a few children as well. While in Japan many years ago, he was working with a young woman known as the emperors blade. Her real name was Nodoka Himura, and one thing led to another with her giving herself over to his manly ways before he left for his home in America. She soon found she was pregnant with his child, but had no way to contact him...((one of his first trips into space or parallel dimensions))...So to satisfy honor, she married a wandering marshal artist.(If she only knew then what she finds out later, she would have possibly waited on Charles to return)

Time goes by, and Ranma trains in the art. He never has a mutation in his thirteenth year, possibly due to his training burning out the x-gene or surpassing whatever mutation would have been granted. He gets cursed still and does all that rank does in the ranma universe. Everything was fine until his fight with Safron. In girl form, after fighting the pheonix while trying to revive Akane, Ranma taps into a power that allows for Akane to come back to life. It so drains the ability, no one thinks anything more about it.

Now the thing is with this idea, ranma only has the x-gene in girl form and can only use her abilities while a girl. His male side has no mutation or ability as his x-gene is not even there. The rest goes on from there with professor x and Ranma never knowing of their relationship to each other for some time as well. I'm thinking a mix of xmen from the 80's and 90's with the evolution storyline as well.
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Re: 1/2 Mutant

Postby Spica75 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:05 pm

Could definitely work.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:12 pm

While Ranma has been written as a mutant before, I have yet to see a fic where Ranma is Charles Xavier son/daughter. I like the idea.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:50 am

It's almost funny that no one has ever matched Nodoka up with Xavier as Ranma's father before either. It seems to fit though, also should I bring Nodoka into the xmen universe after they discover their family connection? I've got a couple ideas about that, but none fit the way I'm thinking the story should flow

=^*^=
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:09 pm

talonhunter wrote:It's almost funny that no one has ever matched Nodoka up with Xavier as Ranma's father before either. It seems to fit though, also should I bring Nodoka into the xmen universe after they discover their family connection? I've got a couple ideas about that, but none fit the way I'm thinking the story should flow

How about this?

Xavier was Nodoka's boyfriend while he was in Japan, but her family opposed him for being a Gaijin, Nodoka was forced to break with him to obey her family wishes. Genma took advantage of Nodoka being depressed and ended marrying him. When Ranma was born, Nodoka knew he wasn't Genma son but didn't tell him. After she finds out all that Genma did to Ranma, she files for divorce, since Genma had been away for over ten years, and takes Ranma away with her.

Nodoka could also be a mutant, but a low level one, as in, her mutation just makes her a redhead and gives her the ability to tell if someone is lying, but nothing else.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Vahn » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:58 pm

Nodoka could also be a mutant, but a low level one, as in, her mutation just makes her a redhead and gives her the ability to tell if someone is lying, but nothing else.

If we gonna do this, how about giving Ranma a mutation of unending hair making professor Xavier jealous? :D
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:12 pm

Vahn wrote:If we gonna do this, how about giving Ranma a mutation of unending hair making professor Xavier jealous? :D

The idea of being a mutant, but having a useless power is hilarious, and yes mutants with very minor mutations exist in Marvel.

How about Ranma mutation being that he will never get bald, and also is what makes his female form a redhead, would be hilarious. He also has super healing... for his skin but nothing else. Hence why he has no scars despite the training he did with Genma. The other super healing he has is due to training and a big amount of ki.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:55 pm

The issue with that changes the angst of Ranma and Xavier building a relationship before he learns under him and the dynamic with the team from the start

=^*^=
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:09 pm

Ranma had Genma for a parent, Xavier in Marvel cannon is an absent dad, but compared to Genma he is perfect. Also the fact that Xavier is Ranma's dad would add fun and viriety to the story, everyone would think he is a class omega mutant when he is only a grade or two above those with useless mutations. And that his power or abilities, saving being a redhead when he is a girl and skin regeneration, don't come from being a mutant.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:50 am

Vahn wrote:
If we gonna do this, how about giving Ranma a mutation of unending hair making professor Xavier jealous? :D

:mrgreen:
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:42 am

This is one of the early scenes I'm working on...

>>>Ranma and Professor X are in his office. Ranma competed a training exercise, but not how Xavier wanted him too.

professor x...Ranma, do you understand why we are doing these training exercises is to help interact with the team, but also get you use to your mutant ability?

Ranma...But Prof' the team didn't need a red haired girl with lots of growing hair, they needed a defensive person to cover their rear flank from the laser points. A highly traind martial artist is what they needed. We reached your goal and no one got tagged out.

Professor X...They were there to train in their situational awareness, you were there to learn how to work with and trust team members and find uses for your mutation. Have you even tried to do anything but grow and retract your hair?

Ranma...I've tried, it won't listen to me and seems to mock me saying 'Im your useless mutant power, you can't make me do anything but grow and come back'

=^*^=
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:55 pm

talonhunter wrote:This is one of the early scenes I'm working on...

>>>Ranma and Professor X are in his office. Ranma competed a training exercise, but not how Xavier wanted him too.

professor x...Ranma, do you understand why we are doing these training exercises is to help interact with the team, but also get you use to your mutant ability?

Ranma...But Prof' the team didn't need a red haired girl with lots of growing hair, they needed a defensive person to cover their rear flank from the laser points. A highly traind martial artist is what they needed. We reached your goal and no one got tagged out.

Professor X...They were there to train in their situational awareness, you were there to learn how to work with and trust team members and find uses for your mutation. Have you even tried to do anything but grow and retract your hair?

Ranma...I've tried, it won't listen to me and seems to mock me saying 'Im your useless mutant power, you can't make me do anything but grow and come back'

That's hilarious, he can grow and shrink his hair, but nothing else... with his mutant power.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:04 pm

What's funny about it is that's not the mutation, it's the dragon whisker magic that is part of him/her now. Thanks for that little silly idea to work with as well...^_^

=^*^=
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:19 pm

talonhunter wrote:What's funny about it is that's not the mutation, it's the dragon whisker magic that is part of him/her now. Thanks for that little silly idea to work with as well...^_^

So the mutation is the super healing for his skin then?
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:07 pm

The way I see it, the shin healing thing is only the tip of the useless gifts. Ranma-chans ability to include glitter skin, loving glow and makeup...^_~

=^*^=
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Next

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes