Street Fighter: Sakura vs Ranma?

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Street Fighter: Sakura vs Ranma?

Postby Blackcat101 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:39 pm

One of the things that I find fun is how underpowered most Ranma characters are compared to Street Fighter characters, specially before they start to introduce Ki techniques. My idea is nothing new, just Ranma being forced to enter an all female tournament and getting trashed by Sakura from Street Fighter. This is before Ranma learns any Ki moves, and knowing Ranma he would not let the loss stand,

Of course the reason Ranma lost was because he got overconfident. Now I will go play a few of the Steet fighter games with Sakura on them for inspiration.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Re: Street Fighter: Sakura vs Ranma?

Postby Maximara » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:48 pm

Blackcat101 wrote:One of the things that I find fun is how underpowered most Ranma characters are compared to Street Fighter characters, specially before they start to introduce Ki techniques. My idea is nothing new, just Ranma being forced to enter an all female tournament and getting trashed by Sakura from Street Fighter. This is before Ranma learns any Ki moves, and knowing Ranma he would not let the loss stand,

Of course the reason Ranma lost was because he got overconfident. Now I will go play a few of the Steet fighter games with Sakura on them for inspiration.

The only problem I see is that according to wikipedia Sakura comes into the Street Fighter contest relatively late (Street Fighter Alpha 2 at 1996) meaning Street Fighter was already a "thing" for 5 years if you start with Street Fighter II (1991) or nine years if you use Street Fighter (1987). And even then Ryu doesn't consider her up to his level and it takes her years until she does get to his level

Also we have the issue of Chun-Li who claims that "I'm the strongest woman in the world" (1991) and who given her longer period of training should in theory be slapping Sakura around if we are in her early carrier. If we take Chun-Li's claim at face value she should be able to slam Cologne into the ground.
Maximara
Senshi Cadet

Postby mondu_the_fat » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:52 am

The only problem I see is that according to wikipedia Sakura comes into the Street Fighter contest relatively late (Street Fighter Alpha 2 at 1996) meaning Street Fighter was already a "thing" for 5 years if you start with Street Fighter II (1991) or nine years if you use Street Fighter (1987).

Your dates are off. The entirety of Alpha (that includes alpha 2) occurs BEFORE SFII.

Alpha 1 and 2 occurs 1987 to 1989, not 1996.

SF2 occurs 1993, not 1991.

SF1 occurs 1987 (you got that right).

Use tiamat roar's/vasili's FAQ if you want canon timelines.
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/file ... v_plot.txt

Also we have the issue of Chun-Li who claims that "I'm the strongest woman in the world"

That''s Capcom of America's translation. What she claimed was that she was the best fighter in the world, a claim that isn't unusual. Pretty sure Ranma would claim the same thing.

This is before Ranma learns any Ki moves, and knowing Ranma he would not let the loss stand,

It should be noted that Sakura learned to do Ryu's moves and went from being a normal teenagers to a street fighter just by watching within one year. That's ridiculously fast, faster than Ranma who's had a) years of training before that point b) several masters teaching him (Genma, Cologne).

On a rematch, given a consistent growth curve, she'd still wipe the floor with Ranma.

Ranma being forced to enter an all female tournament

Eh, forcing Ranma to fight like that isn't necessary. It's an SF world -- street fights happen. I can also imagine Ranma and Genma earning money from joining street fights. You can keep him male if you want to play up the "overconfident" thing.
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:10 pm

mondu_the_fat wrote:That''s Capcom of America's translation. What she claimed was that she was the best fighter in the world, a claim that isn't unusual. Pretty sure Ranma would claim the same thing.

Is an accepted translation, since it has not only been used in the games, but in the English versions of the comics, cartoons, anime and so on. Is like "Is over 9000!" for DBZ.

mondu_the_fat wrote:
It should be noted that Sakura learned to do Ryu's moves and went from being a normal teenagers to a street fighter just by watching within one year. That's ridiculously fast, faster than Ranma who's had a) years of training before that point b) several masters teaching him (Genma, Cologne).

On a rematch, given a consistent growth curve, she'd still wipe the floor with Ranma.

Not really, Ki moves in Street Fighter seems to be something not every fighter can do, even with training (See Karin and other fighters that lack Ki moves), Ranma simply did not learn them earlier because Genma didn't know if Ranma would be able to do them, and because all he had learned about Ki came from Happosai. Also the version he learns in the manga is basically a shortcut since it focus heavily on emotions, and a move that's not really made for fighting, but to clean blocked mining tunnels. I think Ranma leaning a real Ki atack would be stronger, even if at first tire him a lot and he is forced to to stamina and endurance training.

Ranma being forced to enter an all female tournament
mondu_the_fat wrote:Eh, forcing Ranma to fight like that isn't necessary. It's an SF world -- street fights happen. I can also imagine Ranma and Genma earning money from joining street fights. You can keep him male if you want to play up the "overconfident" thing.

Well, it could be a regular Street Fighter tournament, if it wasn't Ranma, but you know his luck o_-
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby DCG » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:32 pm

Your basic grasp of general strength levels and ability in the Ranma cast are shockingly low.

Ranma has casually put her arm through a couple feet of concrete. And then hefted a massive chunk one handed.

When first leaning of KI. The very basic blasts ended up the size of the school.

So ya..
Fukufics Mod, Plot Hammer, And Muse poker.
DCG
Fukufics Staffer

Postby ckosacranoid » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:43 pm

To say nothing of ranma and herb nuking a mointain....
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby UnlimitedBladeShirou » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:55 am

As the last two noted both Ranma and I would go as far as say Ryoga absolutely destroy most of the Street Fighters cast with sheer strength and speed.
(Points at Ranma hitting Kuno with what seemed one single kick but was actually several, and thats BEFORE Amaguriken, and Ryoga lifting a boulder of ice.)

The physical feats of both members of the Nerima Wrecking Crew puts them on such an high level they would stomp anything on their path less than frigging Ryu or Bison.
And that's WITHOUT them using any kind of Ki-Blast.

That Ranma would lose against Sakura is laughable cause he trounces her so much its not even funny.
Do you have enough swords, king of heroes?
UnlimitedBladeShirou
Senshi Candidate

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes