Yet another Ranma/SM cross romance idea from me

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Yet another Ranma/SM cross romance idea from me

Postby Vahn » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:33 pm

This time starring Ranma/Haruka. I dunno why, it just popped into my head but it pretty vague at the moment on what I want to do. General idea is , a different spin on the old reincarnation path. Ranma was Haruka husband in the silver millieum, no he wasn't a bad ass warrior. He was just the wimpy childhood friend who won out with her being a princess and all. Think of your typical weak willed spineless male Harem Protagonist. Only in this case SM-Haruka was being courted by all these rich awesome hot guys and Ranma was the steady cute childhood friend who cannot match up.

He wins out, they married, Haruka and him's happy together, He dies at the beginning of the Dark Kingdom invasion. Haruka devastated, and eventually years later found comfort in Michiru's arms.

Fast Forward to modern that, the Ranma we all know and love is like...completely opposite almost and that subconsciously, he tried to replaced Haruka with girls that reminded him of her. Akane, tomboy short hair, Ukyou, easy going best friend, Shampoo, sexy stack girl.

Haruka's remembers him, he does not remember her. Where it go is a lot of routes, I am still tossing ideas around but my main issue seems to be, I know I can fill it up with some hijinks here and there but I am finding myself thinking I should write TWO fics, a prequel of the Silver Millieum days and the going on happenings of the now. Only problem is, I don't think anyone would really give a shit about the Silver Millieum days interaction except as flashbacks. And fast foward, I am debating between Lost and Found Tone, Seahorse tone, Seahorse alternate tone or Hawt Tone. ARGH! SO many paths.

Help me narrow it down.
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: Yet another Ranma/SM cross romance idea from me

Postby PCHeintz72 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:33 pm

Vahn wrote:This time starring Ranma/Haruka. I dunno why, it just popped into my head but it pretty vague at the moment on what I want to do. General idea is , a different spin on the old reincarnation path. Ranma was Haruka husband in the silver millieum, no he wasn't a bad ass warrior. He was just the wimpy childhood friend who won out with her being a princess and all. Think of your typical weak willed spineless male Harem Protagonist. Only in this case SM-Haruka was being courted by all these rich awesome hot guys and Ranma was the steady cute childhood friend who cannot match up.

He wins out, they married, Haruka and him's happy together, He dies at the beginning of the Dark Kingdom invasion. Haruka devastated, and eventually years later found comfort in Michiru's arms.

Fast Forward to modern that, the Ranma we all know and love is like...completely opposite almost and that subconsciously, he tried to replaced Haruka with girls that reminded him of her. Akane, tomboy short hair, Ukyou, easy going best friend, Shampoo, sexy stack girl.

Haruka's remembers him, he does not remember her. Where it go is a lot of routes, I am still tossing ideas around but my main issue seems to be, I know I can fill it up with some hijinks here and there but I am finding myself thinking I should write TWO fics, a prequel of the Silver Millieum days and the going on happenings of the now. Only problem is, I don't think anyone would really give a shit about the Silver Millieum days interaction except as flashbacks. And fast foward, I am debating between Lost and Found Tone, Seahorse tone, Seahorse alternate tone or Hawt Tone. ARGH! SO many paths.

Help me narrow it down.

I'm not against a Ranma/Haruka match... but I'd rather it not be because of a past life relationship though. Major league turn off for me.

If you must, make it due to a long series of interactions over the course o the story involving the current incarnations, not old memories.

The reason I'm so against past relationship stories is they tend to have the former life usurp the current one.

One of the more well known examples is 'Progeny' by Jeffrey Vasquez, I happen to actually quite like that story in the early chapters and think it pretty well written. But by the later ones there is not really much of anything or even Nabiki left in them... they've pretty much become OC's that are really their past selves. It may be a Ranma and Ami match... but between Ami looking like Akane, and Their past lives being drawn to each other, I did not think it a good thing.

To be honest, were I wanting to see something new from you, it would probably be a continuation of the dropped version of the Ranma / Majikoi crossover, the one where he walked away after taking Nabiki's money and she was asked by Yamato if it could be arranged for them (Ranma and the girl) to meet again.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:42 pm

General idea is

Looks workable.

Where it go is a lot of routes, I am still tossing ideas around but my main issue seems to be, I know I can fill it up with some hijinks here and there but I am finding myself thinking I should write TWO fics, a prequel of the Silver Millieum days and the going on happenings of the now. Only problem is, I don't think anyone would really give a shit about the Silver Millieum days interaction except as flashbacks.

Do the history part as either a prologue or an epilogue rather than either flashbacks or separate story.
Keep that part short unless you have a really good stand-alone story for it.
Lots of flashbacks or a looong "old history" part for a fic often kills them off more than anything else.
Occasional short flashbacks works as long as they don´t get too long or too common.

Also, as PCH says, in the "now", focus on their current personalities, don´t let the past rule them even if it has some influence.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:15 pm

It was said (in the manga) that Uranus/Haruka was both a girl and a guy, and that she had the strengths and personality traits of both genders. If I were to read a story where Ranma and Haruka pair up, I'd like to see how that and Ranma's "ability" to change sex affects their relationship (and possibly his own personality, as far as his gender is concerned). I'm tired of seeing Haruka simply being a lesbian who only dresses and acts masculine. I think it would be interesting if they were mutable, rather than static.

I just had a somewhat random, fanciful idea: instead of a past life, or having ever met in any way before, they're soul mates, and they can both become Uranus (not at the same time). Thinking of the first sentence of this post made that pop into my head.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Vahn » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:16 pm

@PC

Yeah, I read the one where past lives suddenly take precedent over the current one and that too irks me too. Hence why I was thinking of doing a reincarnation route, where the knowledge is there, and well as a plot device that is Ranma "in" if you get my drift. The road that he could take , Haruka must give Ranma the time of day first before they can win one another over. Likewise, Ranma must come to term that "whoa, this was my real live wife" back in the SM days but with Ranma being the Primary, it's just as if watching a movie since he has no special powers. That would also be Haruka "in" to Ranma.

Then from there hijinks but , the reincarnation and past life play as influences on preference but they are who they are, it's not that suddenly Ranma would be all kind and romantics , he simply wouldn't give a shit and be the rough around the edges boy.

AS for the Drop Ranma/Majikoi, I have no idea what else to do with it as most of the ideas that I had for it was incorporated into Hawt. If I were to do a second one, it would be like Hot was MKR the Series and Roadblock would be MKR OAV. The tone and everything would be a lot more muted but it would generally follow the same pattern with a bit more angst and element of NTR here and there.

@ SPica

Hmm I thought about progloue but it would not be long enough to convey the importance and epilogues would be like jumping back to the beginning. I thought about flash back at the beginning of each chapter but realize it wouldn't be that long of a fic, not really. At the same time I thought of cheating with dream sequence after his first initial meeting with her.

@Crescent

Not sure if I would delved into that as I am not sure where to begin to tackle that. AS for the Soulmates, I had though about him being her walking talking Star Seed and she never got her space sword but not sure where else to go from there. XD
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Maximara » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:44 am

PCHeintz72 wrote:I'm not against a Ranma/Haruka match... but I'd rather it not be because of a past life relationship though. Major league turn off for me.

If you must, make it due to a long series of interactions over the course o the story involving the current incarnations, not old memories.

The reason I'm so against past relationship stories is they tend to have the former life usurp the current one.

One of the more well known examples is 'Progeny' by Jeffrey Vasquez, I happen to actually quite like that story in the early chapters and think it pretty well written. But by the later ones there is not really much of anything or even Nabiki left in them... they've pretty much become OC's that are really their past selves. It may be a Ranma and Ami match... but between Ami looking like Akane, and Their past lives being drawn to each other, I did not think it a good thing.

To be honest, were I wanting to see something new from you, it would probably be a continuation of the dropped version of the Ranma / Majikoi crossover, the one where he walked away after taking Nabiki's money and she was asked by Yamato if it could be arranged for them (Ranma and the girl) to meet again.

This is one of the reasons I am downplaying the idea of Ranma being the reincarnation of Beryl's elder twin sister and before that Sailor Pluto's mother in Saotome Ranma, Wiseman. What memories he does have are mixed in with his current life and are impersonal.
Maximara
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spica75 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:38 am

I just had a somewhat random, fanciful idea: instead of a past life, or having ever met in any way before, they're soul mates, and they can both become Uranus (not at the same time). Thinking of the first sentence of this post made that pop into my head.

Heh, that is an idea i have not seen before at all.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Maximara » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:41 am

Spica75 wrote:quote:I just had a somewhat random, fanciful idea: instead of a past life, or having ever met in any way before, they're soul mates, and they can both become Uranus (not at the same time). Thinking of the first sentence of this post made that pop into my head.

Heh, that is an idea i have not seen before at all.

The original idea reminded me of a fanfic where Ranma became Kaioh Michiru (Sailor Neptune). What I still remember how Ranma went from a live and let live guy to the 'let's kill a 12 year old girl because she might destroy the world' maniac that was Neptune was never explained. :(

In fact that aspect of Ranma character makes it hard to see him as either Neptune or Uranus.
Maximara
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spica75 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:54 am

In fact that aspect of Ranma character makes it hard to see him as either Neptune or Uranus.

True, very true indeed.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Tibricel » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:31 pm

Spica75 wrote: The original idea reminded me of a fanfic where Ranma became Kaioh Michiru (Sailor Neptune). What I still remember how Ranma went from a live and let live guy to the 'let's kill a 12 year old girl because she might destroy the world' maniac that was Neptune was never explained. :(

I think you referring to Contrast Match by Shinokaze or maybe an older version of the same story Old Contrast Match by Weebee

Both great fics, and I find the story of how the two meet and fall in love before they awaken there memories of there past lives as Sailor Neptune (Ranma), and Sailor Uranus (Haruka). I will warn you that both fics are as it stands now incomplete, which is sad because there really great. They also mesh in a little Stargate, crossover, its very light.

I do like the idea of he two getting together and high-jinks that could come from it but also the relations ship amusement that comes from it. :3
Tibricel
Senshi Candidate

Postby TerraEpon » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:50 am

I figured Spica75 was talking about a different fic I forget the name of where Ranma ends up going back in time and either he eats an age mushroom or had it fed to him before the time jump? Something like that. Whatever the case, he becomes Michiru.I vaguely remember something about the green hair being natural too with the red being dye...

Actually it's bugging me that I can't remember the name....

....ok after some searching I found it, it's Forever the 0Tomboy (https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1554940/1/ ... the-Tomboy)
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:06 pm

Crescent Pulsar S wrote:It was said (in the manga) that Uranus/Haruka was both a girl and a guy, and that she had the strengths and personality traits of both genders. If I were to read a story where Ranma and Haruka pair up, I'd like to see how that and Ranma's "ability" to change sex affects their relationship (and possibly his own personality, as far as his gender is concerned). I'm tired of seeing Haruka simply being a lesbian who only dresses and acts masculine. I think it would be interesting if they were mutable, rather than static.

If that's an idea, having Ranma pair up with one of the (anime) Starlights would be equally interesting.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Tibricel » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:09 pm

TerraEpon wrote:I figured Spica75 was talking about a different fic I forget the name of where Ranma ends up going back in time and either he eats an age mushroom or had it fed to him before the time jump? Something like that. Whatever the case, he becomes Michiru.I vaguely remember something about the green hair being natural too with the red being dye...

Actually it's bugging me that I can't remember the name....

....ok after some searching I found it, it's Forever the 0Tomboy (https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1554940/1/ ... the-Tomboy)

That was a really int resting story but like so many fun story's of fanfiction it was never finished.
Tibricel
Senshi Candidate

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes