Gaea fed up with Mamoru Chooses Another Guardian

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Gaea fed up with Mamoru Chooses Another Guardian

Postby HopeSeiketsu » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:46 pm

Now before I go anywhere this is my first fan fic AND my first story that I was not required to write for school. As such I will GLADLY take any and all criticism or anything from flames to not bad. However I truly want to see this idea done and more importantly done right. As such other more experienced writers are more than welcome to take the idea as a challenge fic. All that I ask is thatyou at least state that it was my idea, and wome construcive criticism world be appreciated as well.

The idea is as stated in the title Gaea or Earth if you prefer is tired of both Endymion and Mamoru-baka (personal opinion here but really he DOES deserve the "suffix") as there BLATANT Disregard of their duties as guardian and protector of the Earth and ALL life naturally on it has grown tiresome. In Endymion's case it was when she needed him most. I.E the Separation of Pangea(the super continent that WAS most of the earths land as we know it, as well as the Destruction of a good THIRD of the super continent.(assuming it was once more ovular {is that a word} in shape after all we can't REALLY expect to believe that the destruction of MOST human life occurred without some MAJOR terrestrial... 'damages' shall we say.) When the dark kingdom attacked. And Mamoru-baka is ALMOST as bad, at least ENDYMION didn't let himself get TAKEN OVER on MULTIPLE occasions(he just made one INSANELY bad decision{I understand that he loved her but that doesn't change the fact that he left BILLIONS of HIS citizens on there own}). In fact the only reason the Earth is not destroyed or taken over is because the OTHER planetary guardians of the Sol System have ALL decided to do his duty FOR HIM.

And that is again not counting the down right CRIMINAL NEGLIGENCE that he is displayed in his duty of protecting the Earth and her inhabitants. He simply doesn't take his duties seriously and I for one would think that his 'Boss' so to speak would get rather... tired of it wouldn't you.

Aaanyway *ahem* (sorry about that I got of on a bit of a rant there) back to the idea. As I was saying Gaea is FED UP with her current Guardian and has been searching for another. Now she has decided to attempt to preemptively stop some possible issues from occurring. Some of these issues are a weak mind that is easily controlled/corrupted, the fealty to house Serenity and the Ginzuishou, an incompatible 'avatar' that can only access an INCREDIBLY small portion of her power(honestly mamoru must be the weakest of the Endymion line yet{or at least the weakest willed}). Not to mention someone that is reliable, dedicated, caring, and understands the responsibility that is being asked of him/her and willing to accept it.

The way to counter these issues is to find someone who matches these requirements, first they must either A. have built up a resistance to mind alteration/control techniques, or B. have a strong enough force of will that they CAN and WILL resist or out right break such mind altering techniques. In Ranmas case he has both due too the amazons attempts at...'persuasion' shall we say.

Second and this is the most important They MUST at least have relatively high potential for both mana and chi in order to survive Gaea's power as they are not likely to be born into the power(in which case it is going to be a bit... difficult shall we say to be able to prepare ones soul for the new energy), there is the obvious one first mana or magic from the Kinzuishou (which hasn't really been properly explained aato what types of magic this has in cannon{as far as I am aware of anyway} mine will be life and nature based) And JUST as importantly is Gaea's chi pathways, the life force of the planet, which she has due to being a NATURAL life bearing planet(though these can only be accessed by being in the troposphere though direct contact with nature {as in grass, dirt, a natural lake or body of water is best}) and it takes time to call forth the energy required for any almagation(fusion of 2 or more energy sources) techniques that use this (time that is measured in MINUTES not seconds like most spells and techniques)However techniques that require this are EXCEADINGLY POWERFULL combining Three different energy sources these being Gaea's chi AND mana as well as the Senshi's own ki. This gives them the ability to perform PLANET BUSTING techniques(think spirit bomb or super Kamehameha to the ground) or bring back the DEAD upto and 24hours after death in the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS(millions with the help of the other senshi/billions with ginzuishou), or even create a continental barrier(planetary with help of gizuishou or atleast 4 other senshi).

There IS however a price to pay for using these types of techniques, you see the human body or rather the souls current Ego(the conscious part of the soul/current incarnation) is NOT built for THAT level of chi channeling. Channeling that much chi through ones body would normally burn your very SOUL from existence however due to the fact that Gaea is ACTIVELY helping to regulate such techniques and with the Kinzuishou acting as a buffer the 'living' soul is no longer "killed" so too speak your bodies spiritual pathways on the other hand are SERIOUSLY damaged and the Senshi will be out of commission for MONTHS without access to there ki at all(think about hotaru while mistress 9 was inside her they will be THAT weak AND they shouldn't use magic either during this time as it will slow the healing process considerably, and due to the Senshi's naturally chaotic aura the effects of the Gizuishou are more likely to have adverse effects the positive. (though this should NEVER need to be used unless something against the "big bad" or a "planet buster" and Usagi or rather "Princess Serenity" is not present). This is one of the MOST difficult requirements to pass. This is because it requires a level of dedication to the martial or spiritual arts that is EXCEDINGLY rare in this modern day and age. And that is only for the chi left alone the mana, which is of a... parallel nature so to speak as females are more suited to mana while males are more suited to chi manipulation and control as evidenced by Mamoru being able to heal even though he is clearly incompetent in the ways of magic.[though this is again just my opinion and I haven't really read the manga in about a decade](though this is easily remedied due to the fact that the Senshi transformation can turn a man into a woman as evidenced by the Starlights, and a second transformation more similar to Endymion's knight transformation[though they will only have access to the chi while male and the mana while female]) And lastly but NOT least she needs someone who has a natural resistance to the order based powers of house Serenity and the Ginzuishou. THIS is by far the HARDEST requirement to come by. This is because in order to have such a resistance one must be a NATURAL chaos magnet/nexus/genarater and THOSE are so rare you are INSANELY lucky (or unlucky depending on the circumstances) for one to even SURVIVE to adulthood given the amount of chaos they generate. The reason for the resistance to house Serenity and the Ginzuishou is because of a need for BALANCE one thing that sailor moon doesn't seem to understand is that the universe must ALWAYS remain in Balance. Now she needs someone who fits ALL of those requirements as well as someone who is trustworthy, honorable, and knows and caring, as well as a hard worker, and knows that there Always has to be a balance.

Gaea had accepted that she may very well NEVER find someone who matched ALL of the requirements since she was only as "all knowing" as the greatest being to have evolved upon her and since earth doesn't have any omniscient beings born from her she is not omniscient. However she lucked out about 2-3 years after the events of Sailor Galaxia she noticed a disturbance upon her. It seemed that someone had destroyed a mountain (or mountain range if you choose Saffron but I am going with Herb) without any use of explosives currently known to mankind. And upon closer inspection she noticed it was done with truly impressive uses of chi or ki 'for a mortal anyway' as it was called upon that area of Gaea.

After going back over the events that led up to that point as they occurred upon her she was able to "go over" them in her "memory" so to speak (hey she may not be omniscient but that just means her "consciousness" can only be in one two places at once. Doesn't mean she can't "remember" things that 'happen to her' when she "wasn't paying attention" so to speak) and after watching the fight she was rather... intrigued by the pigtailed young man who turned into a woman. And upon looking back she realized that he/she was one of the victims of Jusenkyou that she had attempted to help put his soul back in balance of his karmic destiny so to speak. She had only given the most recent "victims" a quick glance before deciding which pool to put them in busy as she was looking for a new 'avatar'(hey when you have SIX BILLION residents even if you can go through their live in a minute Six Billion minutes is still only about half a million per year{I did the math lol}). Normally she would usually check in on those who have been touched by the waters of Jusenkyou after a few months in order to see if she should strengthen or lessen the water atraction part of the curse. Based on how far they had come to either accepting that the curse was a part of them, or if theit karma has balanced it's self out some. (Or at least she did those of whom she influenced which pool they landed in, what with the musk and there dunking animals in the nannichuan (spring of drowned girl)... hmm I will add more later muse has left me for now :oops:
Last edited by HopeSeiketsu on Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
HopeSeiketsu
Senshi Cadet

Re: Gaea fed up with Mamoru Chooses Another Guardian

Postby Té Rowan » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:22 pm

Reminds me somewhat of Cloud Dreamer’s “The Earth Princess”.
A government is the only known vessel that leaks from the top. (James Reston)
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby HopeSeiketsu » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:00 pm

Heh I did not know about that story I will be sure to read it thanks for posting it as a link
HopeSeiketsu
Senshi Cadet

Postby WG_Writer » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:14 pm

I tried to read what you posted here but the font size was too big to read for me, sorry. But I imagine others have the same problem.

You also have wall of text syndrome.

I am being critical because as you said this is your first writing for personal, and I know you want to do well.

Normal fonts should be okay, 24 really should be the absolute highest you ever need to go, any higher is unneeded. Average is 12-14 maybe 16. if you must choose pick 14.

Always space between paragraphs, if feels more natural.
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby ckosacranoid » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:08 pm

How about gea setting her sites just a little lower then using one person to challen her power though a team instead of one idiot like mr chibi. Around that time in the mid 90s for people that could work very well besides ranma.
harry potter is got the power and seen some crap.
Tenchi from has really gotten some traing and power to deal with a power up. T
The main charater from kinyomi orange road has really got the power and done stuff to as deal with what is needed. He might be a bit older at that point but would still work.
Still also around that time period, older and very perverted, but when it comes to becoming the bad ass there is ryo sebea from city hunter which could really, feally be funny for him to become a magical agent for sure. His magic would take the form of guns since that is his trademark.
Some of the street fighter cast for sure since the game started arounf that time for being big.
Devil hunter yoko.....she is a magical girl already.

And just for giggles chick norris, noboby screws with chuck norris.

Sigh, out of all the anime I have ever watched, I am having trouble thinking up other people that would work in this case and my anime fu is failing in this case. I know there is one anime that has a older women who fight the super natural like ghost busters and has different people she uses and pulls a light saber from a lipgloss tube that could work also. Really having trouble coming up with good females to balance out the males I named.
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:18 pm

Sigh, out of all the anime I have ever watched, I am having trouble thinking up other people that would work in this case and my anime fu is failing in this case. I know there is one anime that has a older women who fight the super natural like ghost busters and has different people she uses and pulls a light saber from a lipgloss tube that could work also. Really having trouble coming up with good females to balance out the males I named.

Ah... Phantom Quest Corp The main character is called Ayaka Kisaragi.

I quite liked that series. Still have the OAV series in DVD, great soundtrack too.

EDIT:

How about Suki from Suki ban Deka?

The Gokusen from Gokusen... she already deals with a talking dog.

If not limiting yourself to 90's...

There is also Gatekeepers. The original Gatekeepers occurred in 69. But the sequel series Gatekeepers 21 involved their kids.

Another guy would be Kaze from Kaze no Stigma.

Some of the characters from Read or Die could work Ditto from Witchblade and the Index/Ralgun series like Misaka
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby HopeSeiketsu » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:02 am

Thats not a bad idea I will have to do some research on some of them this should be interesting.

Hmm I could have Ranma use life energy as its 'center' for huong long, and kaze as the 'dragon' for qing long(for wind), hmm maybe I could go for some one from flames of recca for flame as the Phoenix for Zhou Que, and hmm not sure about Bai Hue the white tiger, and Xuan Wu the black turtle hmm

Edit: then again this will be WAY too much for me alone dont forget this is my first fic.
HopeSeiketsu
Senshi Cadet

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:08 pm

HopeSeiketsu wrote:Edit: then again this will be WAY too much for me alone dont forget this is my first fic.

Short stories are best for beginners. First, do the hundred-meter dash. Later, after much exercise, try the marathon. In short fiction, you don't have to slog through the middle of a novel (the worst part). If you goof, there's less time wasted on the goof. And you can try out more techniques, more rapidly.

The shorter the piece of fiction, the fewer characters you need or want. What you have spoken of isn't even a marathon -- it's an ironman. Lay it aside for a while. A nice quiet crossover between Sailor Moon and Ranma would be more feasible. A crossover between Sailor Moon and Revolutionary Girl Utena would be much less common, and no more difficult -- assuming you're familiar with both anime.

Heck - have Gaea lay the mantle upon Umino. He tried the "Tuxedo Umino" routine during the first season of the anime, so the groundwork is already there in canon.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:27 pm

I agree with most of the agvice in the prior post, but I'll add to what was already stated... a few common mistakes I see newer writers, and sometimes even seasoned ones, make.

1. Keep it simple... do not overcomplicate the story.

2. Do not rush the plot. many early authors tend to bash out scenes, but they are very small, and lacking detail, and rush the plot... I've seen authors describe in a few sentences something that more properly severs if not entire chapters at least dedicated scenes.

3. Every author is eager to tell *their* story, to get to the *good part*. Do not make the mistake of not properly building up the backdrop of the story. Setup is nearly as important as the story itself. Unless you risk repeating entire canon scenes that have been done hundreds of times already by other writers (aka like Ranma's intro to the Tendos). Feel free to take the time, and show the reader the events, and describe things that occur.

On that last. If for example you made a Ranma and Sailor moon crossover, and had say Ranma get a different curse, have additional adventures in China, and meat up with a senshi before getting to the Tendos, that is a major series of deviations from both canon backdrops. I would be quite put out if the story actually started with the arrival at the Tendos and that not covered in detail. You would be very remiss in *not* covering those changes and cheapen the story and confuse readers.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:00 pm

PCHeintz72 wrote:3. Every author is eager to tell *their* story, to get to the *good part*. Do not make the mistake of not properly building up the backdrop of the story. Setup is nearly as important as the story itself. Unless you risk repeating entire canon scenes that have been done hundreds of times already by other writers (aka like Ranma's intro to the Tendos). Feel free to take the time, and show the reader the events, and describe things that occur.

I showed my first Ranma / Sailor Moon crossover to a more experienced fanfic author. "At least you didn't start with Ranma arriving at the Tendos'," he said. One might also be cautious about starting with Ranma on the roof at night, watching the stars and brooding; but this one is less common and has more variety.

(That first R/SM fanfic eventually became Different Colors. People kept plaguing me to write a next chapter. Once it was finished, I dropped back to short stories.)
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:09 pm

Shrugs, if there is a legitimate reason to show a critical introductory canon event (Ranma to Tendos, Sailor Moon meeting Luna, Keitaro meeting Naru, etc), and it will be in some noteworthy way different (different personalities, extra character, etc,), I'm fine with it.

However, I've seen too many word for word cookie cutter canon repeat of the scene that while it is not a turn off, merely needlessly bloats the wordcount and distracts from the story.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby HopeSeiketsu » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:19 pm

Actually I rather like the idea of a Kaze no Stigma saikor moon cross. It wont even be that hard getting him in sailor moon verse. Hmm gunna have to think about this we will see what I come up with after I think on it some. But i figure putting him in before his own series wold be best for trying to keep it simple and from getting out of hand.
HopeSeiketsu
Senshi Cadet

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:38 pm

HopeSeiketsu wrote:Actually I rather like the idea of a Kaze no Stigma saikor moon cross. It wont even be that hard getting him in sailor moon verse. Hmm gunna have to think about this we will see what I come up with after I think on it some. But i figure putting him in before his own series wold be best for trying to keep it simple and from getting out of hand.

I cannot picture him getting along with them except as associates.

And I would not want them *reforming* him... or to be more accurate, *succeeding* at reforming him. because his jadedness and sarcasm and money grubbing ways are the core of his personality... Like his draconian methods to solving issues.

Heh... him turning them down when they ask him for dates might be funny though. Remember, he lost is lover a couple years pre series. He should *not* be wanting to date them.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Maximara » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:39 pm

HopeSeiketsu wrote:The way to counter these issues is to find someone who matches these requirements, first they must either A. have built up a resistance to mind alteration/control techniques, or B. have a strong enough force of will that they CAN and WILL resist or out right break such mind altering techniques. In Ranmas case he has both due too the amazons attempts at...'persuasion' shall we say.

The Neko-ken deep sixes that. Ranma has no control over the thing during the entirety of the manga. Having your guardian flip out into thinking they are a cat when they are around one is not useful.

HopeSeiketsu wrote:Second and this is the most important They MUST at least have relatively high potential for both mana and chi in order to survive Gaea's power as they are not likely to be born into the power(in which case it is going to be a bit... difficult shall we say to be able to prepare ones soul for the new energy), there is the obvious one first mana or magic from the Kinzuishou (which hasn't really been properly explained aato what types of magic this has in cannon{as far as I am aware of anyway} mine will be life and nature based) And JUST as importantly is Gaea's chi pathways, the life force of the planet, which she has due to being a NATURAL life bearing planet(though these can only be accessed by being in the troposphere though direct contact with nature {as in grass, dirt, a natural lake or body of water is best}) and it takes time to call forth the energy required for any almagation(fusion of 2 or more energy sources) techniques that use this (time that is measured in MINUTES not seconds like most spells and techniques)However techniques that require this are EXCEADINGLY POWERFULL combining Three different energy sources these being Gaea's chi AND mana as well as the Senshi's own ki. This gives them the ability to perform PLANET BUSTING techniques(think spirit bomb or super Kamehameha to the ground) or bring back the DEAD upto and 24hours after death in the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS(millions with the help of the other senshi/billions with ginzuishou), or even create a continental barrier(planetary with help of gizuishou or atleast 4 other senshi).

This is total nonsense in the context of even the anime series.

The Ginzuishou is insanely powerful; it can roll back time at least a year on its own and rewrite history back who knows how many thousands of years.

As far a planet busting...Sailor Saturn and Death Born Revolution. Nuff said.

In fact, as a whole the Sailor Senshi as a whole have Superman Syndrome out the wazoo. Not only do their powers fluctuate all over the freaking map but in terms of 'intelligent use of powers' they are total morons. The only reason the Sailor Senshi win is their foes are even bigger idiots in terms of strategy. As I have said before a reasonable use of Sun Tzu by their foes and the Sailor Senshi are toast.

Also the "magic" of the Moon Kingdom is very wonky; it could be Clarke's Law writ large.
Maximara
Senshi Cadet

Postby HopeSeiketsu » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:00 pm

PCHeintz72 wrote:
I cannot picture him getting along with them except as associates.

And I would not want them *reforming* him... or to be more accurate, *succeeding* at reforming him. because his jadedness and sarcasm and money grubbing ways are the core of his personality... Like his draconian methods to solving issues.

Heh... him turning them down when they ask him for dates might be funny though. Remember, he lost is lover a couple years pre series. He should *not* be wanting to date them.[/quote]

I know I was actually planning on going with something like that, I figured it would be... interesting to see how sailor moon reacts to a 'good guy' like kaze lol.

I thought I might just have him be 'attacked by a daimon while passing through juuban. This also allows him to be able to come in contact with the outers whom I feel there is a MUCH better chance of getting along, at least as far as being associates goes

Tell me what you think. He could even be watched by the outers and be suspected of being one of the Talisman bearers (not that he IS of course but they dont know that) and be attacked by them. I had more to say but an tired so say later (it is 1:00 am so can't really say tomorrow lol) night night
HopeSeiketsu
Senshi Cadet

Next

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes