The Dragon Heir and the Princess of the Fae...

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

The Dragon Heir and the Princess of the Fae...

Postby talonhunter » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:53 am

Another bright idea brought kicking and screaming to the forefront of my mind because my muse decided it was more important to start another story that might not go much further than to continue to focus on anything else. This is just a bit of the intro reversing the general ideas about who is on the side of chaos and order. More to come later tonight...

The dragon heir and the princess of the fae...

If someone had said chaos and order could never agree on anything, that the odds of it ever happening would be like achieving the perfect absolute zero mix of matter and anti matter without it blowing up in process. Even the powers that be saw no chance of such a thing happening. However, even chaos and order could have seen the writing on the wall when someone decided to manipulate the very fabric of reality according to their own idea. Such was the case in reality 648925e17. Poor manipulator never knew what they had done. All of heaven trembled as order and chaos shook hands in complete agreement...the manipulator was about to learn, without chaos, order could never grow...

Her name was Ranma Saotome, the wild horse. premier martial artist, man among men, god slayer and gender cursed individual. Some would say the avatar of chaos itself. And so many would be absolutely wrong. As is the case of chaos, order must grow thru chaos to bring peace to those who otherwise would be lost. To protect those who can't otherwise protect themselves. A true avatar of ORDER. This particular avatar would soon show why that was so...

Her name was Usagi Tsukuno, the rabbit in the moon. High school student, romantic, magical girl, and reincarnated princess of a bygone dynasty spanning the galactic arm. Armed with her army of magical girls, most would agree that she was a light in the darkness, a hope from a lost past for a brighter future. The very concept of order most would say, and each and every one of them would be very very wrong. Sure, she and her magical girl army fought for love and justice, but such concepts are arbitrary to those who impose their will or the will of such a past as these young women came from. This is the will of chaos. To repeat the same mistakes over and over again, forcing those who cannot or will not change down the same path until someone fights the stagnation brought forth once more.
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Re: The Dragon Heir and the Princess of the Fae...

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:33 am

Sounds interesting. I've never met Ranma as an avatar of Order before. Please pursue this.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Spica75 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:14 pm

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:Sounds interesting. I've never met Ranma as an avatar of Order before. Please pursue this.

There are a rare few on FFN, think i have at least one on my fav list, just the question of recalling which one it is... Hmmm...
IIRC, all but one was good so might be worth trying to find.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Maximara » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:44 pm

Spica75 wrote: Ellen Kuhfeld:Sounds interesting. I've never met Ranma as an avatar of Order before. Please pursue this.

There are a rare few on FFN, think i have at least one on my fav list, just the question of recalling which one it is... Hmmm...
IIRC, all but one was good so might be worth trying to find.

I remember one where Genma is an Avatar of Chaos with Shampoo and Akane agents. Cologne, Ranma, Kasumi and I think Tofu as well were all agents of Order.

Of course the whole "Chaos" and "Order" thing in Sailor Moon is a little wonky.

Life itself is Chaos and yet so two supposed agents of Chaos have 'let's kill everything on Earth' on their things to do list.
Maximara
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spica75 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:17 am

Maximara wrote:I remember one where Genma is an Avatar of Chaos with Shampoo and Akane agents. Cologne, Ranma, Kasumi and I think Tofu as well were all agents of Order.

Yeah i think that sounds like one of those i was thinking of. Not sure though, hmm...

Maximara wrote:Of course the whole "Chaos" and "Order" thing in Sailor Moon is a little wonky.

Life itself is Chaos and yet so two supposed agents of Chaos have 'let's kill everything on Earth' on their things to do list.

Yeah, i think Pratchett has a better theme going there, with the "Auditors" who wants perfect "order", ie nonexistance of anything. :D
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:55 am

Yeah, i think Pratchett has a better theme going there, with the "Auditors" who wants perfect "order", ie nonexistance of anything.

At least one auditor had the sense to choose Death by Chocolate.
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby PCHeintz72 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:36 pm

Maximara wrote:I remember one where Genma is an Avatar of Chaos with Shampoo and Akane agents. Cologne, Ranma, Kasumi and I think Tofu as well were all agents of Order.

Of course the whole "Chaos" and "Order" thing in Sailor Moon is a little wonky.

You may be thinking of:

Silent Heart by Slade, which is currently chapter 4 of:

RANMA-MULTI 'Slade's Old Fics Archive' by Slade13 - [Dld Date=06/25/2012] - [Dld Size=404kb] - [Dld File Cnt=7] - [Dld Status=Inactive]
  • - [MD Source=FF.NET] - [MD Rating=T] - [MD Word Cnt=76230]
  • - [MD Summary= Cleaning up my fic space. Senshi Trapped Silent Heart and more. I might also use this as an Idea Dumping ground later. Crosses are Ranma with Sailor Moon Gold Digger Ah My Goddess and Tenjho Tenge. Not all on the same Chapter mind you. If you've read my fics before And are finding ones missing they are here.]
  • - [Direct URL] https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8253594/1/
  • - [Author1 URL] https://www.fanfiction.net/u/389642/
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:50 pm

Maximara wrote:Life itself is Chaos and yet so two supposed agents of Chaos have 'let's kill everything on Earth' on their things to do list.

As I see it...

With only Chaos we burn to death.
With only Order we freeze to death.
Life happens on the border
between Chaos and Order.
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:53 pm

Té Rowan wrote:With only Chaos we burn to death.
With only Order we freeze to death.
Life happens on the border
between Chaos and Order.

I can see that, at least on the atomic or molecular scales, if taken to extremes. "Chaos" means everything running around in random directions at random velocities. That's one way to describe heat. "Order", on the other hand, means everything neatly organized, no randomness allowed. That's absolute zero.

Only one problem: with absolute Chaos or absolute Order, there never is a real chance of that "we" you mention coming about.
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:07 pm

While its true both ends at their own devices have their own long term forms of destruction wouldn't them finding the universal happy medium lead to an erra of unpredictable and unprecedented growth.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes