Shadow of the Blazing Sword

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Shadow of the Blazing Sword

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:11 pm

I was thinking about this because of the opening credits of Voltron. "From days of long ago, comes a legend" What if Voltron was a tool of the Inner Senshi at a time when Earth was aligned with the moon before the start of the Silver Millennium?

Consider the lion colors and Senshi for a moment.
Blue, Mercury, water lion
Yellow, Venus, desert lion
Black, Earth (Tuxedo Kammen), power lion
Red, Mars, volcano lion
Green, Jupiter, woods lion

What if Voltron were a defender of the Earth Solar System that helped create the Silver Millennium but was sent out to the frontier because it was no longer needed at the heart of the empire?

What if the original breaking of Voltron wasn't because of a Space Goddess, nor Haggar's magics, but because of Earth declaring independence?

Supposing this is true what if Serenity was deliberately making it possible for her daughter and Endymion to become an item in hopes that finding the secret of Voltron again might have saved them from the fall of the silver millennium? The Enemy was combining Youma into a Super Youma after all and it was that combined might that even the Ginzuishou could not overcome without great sacrifice.

The idea is to have either Mamoron or another descendant of the Earth kingdom (Imagining a possible Ranma Crossover) lend their energy to the Senshi in a Sailor Planet Attack and have it manifest as the Blazing Sword striking down the enemies. That of course would lead to questions of what the heck caused that to happen and why. It also could lead to character development and ideas of visiting or restoring the planets castles to find the answers.

I think that the Lions appear to be dependent on their resting places in Voltron for recharge because they do not have the power link that originally made it invincible. Look how often Blue Lion gets mangled. But with Senshi Mana Taps in addition to how strongly built Voltron is... That is a pairing I could see giving Jurrai pirates(that have the full backing of Tsunami) pause.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Re: Shadow of the Blazing Sword

Postby talonhunter » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:22 pm

This could work, but I also see a bit of Washu mischief in there as well. It could be her skills that created the charging stations before. Kagato kidnapped her and that's why the lions never got a Washu upgrade...^_^
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:33 pm

Not entirely sure there. I mean her area that she was located in wasn't on Earth yet was it? Most things showing history that early for her put her in places where she is likely interacting with Kurimitsu forbears. Earth is kind of out of the way in the less dense part of the galaxy. Its part of why its a good place for people to hide from Jurrai later on. Not exactly at the leading edge of Science. Which is also part of why Senshi Magic being a missing part in the Voltron formula might not quite work if its her creation. While sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Magic it doesn't make them interchangeable.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:45 pm

It would also examine why they need to charge so much. Maybe she modified some fusion generators that kinda mimic the planetary mana taps, but the lions are never at full operational status because of this. Until the senshi and Terran emissary make contact with the voltron crews...the car voltron team could be one of washu's early experiments to mimic the mana taps as well
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:55 pm

And buried underground like the Zords of the Angel Grove area? You have an imagination that is going another way from mine but I would love to see what you can write from it with those thoughts. Mine are going more with Voltron was created here at earth patterned after an Earth native animal and originally was even more powerful than the legends continue to say because of the partnership of technologies and Senshi Magics. The Alliance that is centered on Earth sounds allot like the pre-Silver Millennium alliance and it makes it hard to say if it should be Pre SM or after Crystal Tokyo when those events involving Zarkon and Arrus would make sense. Either way its outside of the events I would want to see happen. Taking place with the Inner Senshi. timing possibly even as early as season 2 of their events.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes