Decepticon K.A.R.R.

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Re: Decepticon K.A.R.R.

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:17 pm

If you are going to make that stretch you might as well have them discover that the FIRM discovered a way to synthesize corlonium(sp) crystals and somehow this device appeared to survive prolonged exposure to them. It would be a good reason for restoring his functions if they could even touch the parts but still doesn't make sense for the upgrade. They couldn't mistake the CPU for cybertronian personality components could they?
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:08 pm

How about this?

Humans find an old deactivated transformer, with his head completely destroyed. Knight Industries are hired on the project to make it loyal to the US government and basically recycle K.A.R.R since KITT has no been programed yet .
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:20 pm

K.A.R.R.'s final destruction in Knight Rider was in season/year 3 of the series. Why couldn't K.I.T.T. and K.A.R.R. have both been active and had their first conflict before the transformers existence was revealed?

As to putting K.A.R.R. into a transformer's body. Well you end up giving up everything except the mind of the character and this character hasn't exactly had allot of development to fall back on. You almost would be just as well pulling an OC out of your sphincter instead of making a crossover.

You have a different write up in the post when I first looked. I think you might have been watching too much of the new movies wanting to get the federal government involved. And a big part of K.A.R.R.'s character is that he isn't controllable. His actions are completely predictable when you look at his prime directive in existence is ensuring his own continues.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:31 am

K.I.T.T. was programed to help humans,

K.A.R.R was programed to survive.

Basically a transformer K.A.R.R would take survival to the extreme, always doing what he thinks is best for his own survival.

And no, I don't think Knight industries would recycle K.A.R.R AI if K.I.T.T. had already been programed. Also, as cool as K.I.T.T. was, a Transformer is way more durable than K.I.T.T. due to Earth metals being "inferior".

Of course, it could be that originaly they tried to put K.I.T.T. in the robot, but there was sabotage and the AI chip was replaced by one with a copy of K.A.R.R, AI,

Actually, that works, have Knight Industries planing to use K.I.T.T. AI and being sabotaged by an enemy chaging the AI chip for one that had K.A.R.R, .

It has been a month since the awakening of transformers on Earth. Digging a site in the mountains, archaeologists find an old deactivated Transformer, with his head missing. Its soon seized by the US government and Knight Industries are hired on the project to make it functional and loyal to the US government as soon as possible. They plan to use an upgraded version of K.I.T.T. AI chip, since he has already worked with humans as have to finish the project as soon as possible. Unfortunately, one of the assistants in the project was hired by an enemy of Knight Industries , and secretly creates his own upgraded chip, but based on a backup version of K.A.R.R AI. The day of the first testing, he replaces the chips.

K.A.R.R 2.0 acquires awareness and decides that working for humans who want him to possible die fighting Decepticons does not compute with his primary directive of survival, and escapes.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:44 am

Blackcat101 wrote:K.I.T.T. was programed to help humans,

K.A.R.R was programed to survive.

Basically a transformer K.A.R.R would take survival to the extreme, always doing what he thinks is best for his own survival.

And no, I don't think Knight industries would recycle K.A.R.R AI if K.I.T.T. had already been programed. Also, as cool as K.I.T.T. was, a Transformer is way more durable than K.I.T.T. due to Earth metals being "inferior".

Of course, it could be that originaly they tried to put K.I.T.T. in the robot, but there was sabotage and the AI chip was replaced by one with a copy of K.A.R.R, AI,

Actually, that works, have Knight Industries planing to use K.I.T.T. AI and being sabotaged by an enemy chaging the AI chip for one that had K.A.R.R, .

It has been a month since the awakening of transformers on Earth. Digging a site in the mountains, archaeologists find an old deactivated Transformer, with his head missing. Its soon seized by the US government and Knight Industries are hired on the project to make it functional and loyal to the US government as soon as possible. They plan to use an upgraded version of K.I.T.T. AI chip, since he has already worked with humans as have to finish the project as soon as possible. Unfortunately, one of the assistants in the project was hired by an enemy of Knight Industries , and secretly creates his own upgraded chip, but based on a backup version of K.A.R.R AI. The day of the first testing, he replaces the chips.

K.A.R.R 2.0 acquires awareness and decides that working for humans who want him to possible die fighting Decepticons does not compute with his primary directive of survival, and escapes.

It could be Garth Knight, or someone from his organization that slips the KARR programming. Also, the old transformer would basically need to have its programming and personality wiped or suppressed somehow as well. It's been shown to be able to happen in gen 1 when that gamer kid copied Optimus Prime's personality to a floppy disk before he self destructed after his loss to Megatron in the video game...(marvel comics storyline in the US version)
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:00 pm

Slight mix up on the programming. K.A.R.R.'s program was to ensure his own survival. The thought being if nothing can harm the car the passengers will be fine as well. You can guess the problems there. So that lead to K.I.T.T.'s programming Ensuring his Driver's safety. Both are ensuring safety but it makes a big difference when the goal is looking out for someone else as oposed to ones self.

Also a bit of confusion the CPUs on both KITT and KARR are boxes about the size of a VCR. You know the old top loading style. Its not a single chip. Expanded short term memory and firware boards for car systems are located in the center console by where most manual transmission gear shift levers would be mounted. Similar backup and redundant hardware is in the floor boards including manual over ride for things like turbo boost jets. They came in handy in a few episodes including the encounters with Goliath.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:48 pm

Spokavriel wrote: Slight mix up on the programming. K.A.R.R.'s program was to ensure his own survival. The thought being if nothing can harm the car the passengers will be fine as well. You can guess the problems there. So that lead to K.I.T.T.'s programming Ensuring his Driver's safety. Both are ensuring safety but it makes a big difference when the goal is looking out for someone else as oposed to ones self.

Also a bit of confusion the CPUs on both KITT and KARR are boxes about the size of a VCR. You know the old top loading style. Its not a single chip. Expanded short term memory and firware boards for car systems are located in the center console by where most manual transmission gear shift levers would be mounted. Similar backup and redundant hardware is in the floor boards including manual over ride for things like turbo boost jets. They came in handy in a few episodes including the encounters with Goliath.

That's why I mentioned it was an "upgraded" chip, meaning it was something more of the size of a small box instead of a VCR, because it has to fit in a transformer head and it just contains the personality and basic AI (Like in the sequel movie, where K.I.T.T. complains he misses his old chip, cause he is using inferior hardware, or maybe is the new programing what it sucks?). And the Transformers has no personality left because in G1 said personality was in the head and the head of this transformer has been destroyed. Garth Knight could have paid someone to do the sabotage.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:11 am

The average Transformer head from Gen-1 is slightly larger than a human torso. While Cybertronian personality components are clearly smaller, more in the neighborhood of the size of a pint can, say like an old Oil can size. In Knight Rider 2000 KITT got mounted into a Travel TV complete with sensors so they do have the ability to refine it smaller but you still have enough space for it before that.

Edit: The Travel TV also happened in series one time when KITT's body got stolen and his CPU was left in the garage.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:14 am

He was also put into a"Boombox" while they rebuilt his body for the final season. Also a side note, in the TV movie it is shown that things like his probability processor chips were small enought to fit within the human brain without taking up much space.
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:28 am

talonhunter wrote:He was also put into a"Boombox" while they rebuilt his body for the final season. Also a side note, in the TV movie it is shown that things like his probability processor chips were small enought to fit within the human brain without taking up much space.

Still, is a government contract, that means they want to show off so they get more clients and that they also have enough funding to finally build upgraded versions.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:12 am

The probability processor was a single chip according to the movie and it was used to help KITT hypothesize like a normal human. Without it he misinterprets clues so badly he corners James Doohan as a suspect because his database was created to work with the chip he was missing.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:05 pm

What if instead of Autobots or Decepticons getting a hold of KARR's remains Dr. Fujiyama (Creator of Nightbird) did? He might deliberately try to make a transformer just for the challenge of making a robot that can reconfigure like the Cybertronians. He'd simply have to use the style of hardware from nightbird and some additional parts to control reconfiguration like the firmware controllers KARR is already designed to use.

Edit: Timing wise, you could get away with Transforming KARR showing up in the later half of Transformers Season 2. They aren't entirely clear on the passage of time but it should be long enough to believe the work was done after S2 Ep6 Enter the Nightbird. And a similar distance after S3 Ep6 of Knight Rider. There were 4 seasons of Knight Rider's original series after all.

Edit again:
This is how Dr. Fujiyama has a chance. At the end and through out the Nightbird episode the Autobots make clear their intention to return Nightbird to him, the Decepticons made modifications to her and failed to give her a transform form but all that added technology is still in there. If Dr Fujiyama got those parts he has a power supply capable of running any bot at a level comparable to Cybertronians at least for a limited time. Find a way to moderate it and use KARR's parts you end up with something potentially formidable. Also the Autobots questioned if Nightbird was invulnerable while fighting her. That shows me that the Foundation bonded armor might have some benefit against their weapons as well. Perhaps not the energy ones but all other forms of impact.

KITT did get hit with missiles and drive through lava before after all. Same protection is on KARR.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:36 pm

In The Return of Optimus Prime there is a Human created vehicle that survives being in the energy waves of a super nova. The Decepticons then broke into the lab to steal the heat resistant alloy. It would make sense if the metal were a continuation of the technologies used to surface both KITT and KARR. Simply taking the molecular formula and making it into a solid metalloid element.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:17 pm

Spokavriel wrote: In The Return of Optimus Prime there is a Human created vehicle that survives being in the energy waves of a super nova. The Decepticons then broke into the lab to steal the heat resistant alloy. It would make sense if the metal were a continuation of the technologies used to surface both KITT and KARR. Simply taking the molecular formula and making it into a solid metalloid element.

That would definitely work.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:16 am

So Knight industries and Dr. Fujiyama, all hired by the government to study a headless transformer and create something that can defend Earth against the Decepticons. Knight industries molecular allow plus whatever formula was used to make a car resistant to big amounts of heart. Garth Knight hires a saboteur and on the day they test the US Defender (Yes, not a very good name but is the eighties) it boots up with C.A.R.R. AI and everything goes wrong.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes