The Reaping

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

The Reaping

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:26 pm

My name is Rachel. Just Rachel, no last name, at least not one I’m willing to give you. I should be dead. I am dead. I died over two hundred years ago, but thanks to some extradimensional meddling, here I am. The war is won, my sacrifice led to the Alliance we have now with the Andalites. To the technology we have being added to our tech base. To the prevention of a full-scale conquering by the Yeerks. They’re still out there, watching, waiting. If they knew who I was, they would try to kill me or worse. And there’s worse things than the Yeerks out there. Oh are you still waiting for a last name? Fine. Call me Shepard.

Basically, an Animorphs/Mass Effect cross. The Systems Alliance is more than just a human government now; it encompasses Human, Hork-Bajir, Andalite and some Yeerks. In all their travels, the Andalites had never encountered a system with Mass Effect technology, at least not until the Charon Relay is opened in Sol. The humans of the Alliance manage to fuse ME tech with Andalite tech to create something rather absurd.

Why Rachel? Because Rachel Berenson is dead. Everyone knows Rachel Berenson is dead. Technically so are Jake Berenson, Tobias, Marco, the two New Animorphs, and Aximili-Esgarrouth-Isthill. Or are they?

Cassie's probably long gone, even if the morphing tech extends your lifespan, its 21xx, not 20xx. Humanity and pals have been together since 2003. This is a very different Earth that the Reapers will run into. With some very different abilities. The question is... what exactly to write?
Last edited by Sailor Sedai (Ellf) on Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Re: The Reaping

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:30 pm

I still don't have the full animorphs series but how do you end up with anything believable crossing Andalite tech (Guessing the escrafil device) with another tech base? Kinda need a way to make that believable first if its going to have any importance.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Re: The Reaping

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:45 pm

Well, there's the simple way of keeping the tech separate and similarly powered. ME Tech is fairly advanced and goes into different areas that Andalite tech doesn't. Then there's thinking logically on what exactly they could fuse together. Dracon Beams/Andalite Equivalent (which name kinda escapes me right now) vs ME guns... One's basically a phaser, the other shoots a high velocity projectile.
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes