Akane's Ill Timed Wish.

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Akane's Ill Timed Wish.

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:43 pm

I'm thinking of an idea for an alternate reality story. One that is almost a lock fic but not really when time catches up to its self.

It starts with the Wishing Sword situation and requires Akane to have a more annoying time of it. Between Kasumi's seeming perfection not having a problem with Ranma's underhanded actions to get the wish and Nabiki's overt attempts to make the wish profitable for her. Akane, fed up with the wish business says "You know what Ranma, I wish you had to find out what its like being little sister to these two!"

The wish is granted and Ranma keeps all his/her memories but is living a new life that has her as a full time female replacing Akane in history. Getting to know exactly what it would have been like growing up the youngest sister to Kasumi and Nabiki. Thing is they had Akane for their sister in reality so the memories don't exactly stick to history.

The idea is to grow Ranma's character after experiencing life as a girl from cradle to the present moment. What kind of changes will it lead to for events taking place after this point in the regular plot? I figure it has to have more impact than Kuno wasting the last wish on that Statue.

The presentation for the story I was thinking of would have Ranma relive life from birth in the alternate reality but a week or so will pass in normal life while we get glimpses to people reacting to the wish and Ranma being out of commission. After time catches up we get to see how this changed and more experienced Ranma decides to live her/his life.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Re: Akane's Ill Timed Wish.

Postby PCHeintz72 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:22 pm

That means Ranma cannot actually affect or change history... nor would his interactions, if any, be remembered. He would also be trapped experiencing them while the memories formed.

Boy would I be bitter. Getting a decade and a half of unwanted memories because someone had a snit.

Had he been able to alter or truly live history, with the effects remembered by others, then this would have been far more interesting, as it is, it probably would not overly appeal to me.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:25 pm

How about if the wish encompasses the three effectively named in it? Kasumi, Nabiki and Ranma-chan. All with their memories and reliving it from the moment of Ranma's birth. But it will end up being only the three of them experiencing the alternate reality. That would technically still be possible the way the wish is phrased.

Edit: What if the alternate reality is one that still exists and the three effected by the wish end up in a Dual existence situation? Or would that be too complicated.. Maybe just having that existence still exist but its having to try to go on without them... Maybe even have Kuno of that side try to get the Tendo sisters that vanished back or something?

The elements that are from the original pre-wish reality will only be the three mentioned above. The rest of reality only changes based on their interactions. And while Ranma is the youngest sister there is still a Son of Genma and Nodoka Saotome engaged to the Tendo daughters. But that only comes up near the end of catching up timeline wise.

Edit again: So for sequence of events, the day goes worse than normal with Akane having more interactions with her sisters leading up to the wish she makes. Then as the wish happens Ranma instantly passes out followed soon after by Nabiki then Kasumi. Ranma starts experiencing things from a pre-birth state the day she gets born. Its Ranma's birthday not what would have been Akane's. That difference is likely the first thing Kasumi realizes to let her know it isn't just some strange dream. Its Ranma as the youngest sister not Ranma in Akane's body. While they all have their memories they still just have the capabilities of their current ages. So there isn't much Ranma can do, at first, other than being an obvious Redheadded girl to let Nabiki or Kasumi know she knows what is going on. How this effects things will lead to character growth for all 3 of them.

Will it become a reality where Mrs Tendo survives? Will they try to find out anything about the Saotome boy or try to help his life? There are allot of possibilities and it would help to know what common events there are for girls in Japan. Those events and neighborhood friends that would likely still be around can help work out some basics to build the narrative on.

One more edit for a quick idea. What if Kasumi overhears the doctors at the hospital marveling at two babies being born at the exact same time. One being Ranma due to the wish and the other being what would have been Ranma Saotome. Though I could see Genma looking for another name should that one get used for a girl.

Sadly I don't see a place for there to be an Akane in this reality. The time she would have been conceived got interrupted by the wish already making use of the womb.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby WG_Writer » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:11 am

you might want to look at the wording of the wish because it could also mean that Ranma could get: Akane's memories regarding her sisters, Ranma getting sisters who act exactly like Akane's (not really trained as much by Genma), Ranma and Akane are sisters, growing up with his mother and his sisters (on the road with Genma), Ranma being treated as a younger sister to the two (wait isn't that what they already do?). Well the wording it self can really go in ANY direction, but Ranma replacing Akane is less likely then Ranma and Akane are sisters.
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:47 am

Akane, fed up with the wish business says "You know what Ranma, I wish you had to find out what its like being little sister to these two!"

Ooh, awesome potential.

The wish is granted and Ranma keeps all his/her memories but is living a new life that has her as a full time female replacing Akane in history.

Leads me to the obvious question, should this affect Akane in any way as well or not? Does she find herself with memories of having Ranma as a twin? Does she get the wonderful fun of replacing Ranma the same way he replaces Akane?(magic and symmetry... i think this option could be much fun, it could also allow you to retroactively give Akane a Jusenkyo curse if you want to be evil)

How about if the wish encompasses the three effectively named in it? Kasumi, Nabiki and Ranma-chan. All with their memories and reliving it from the moment of Ranma's birth. But it will end up being only the three of them experiencing the alternate reality. That would technically still be possible the way the wish is phrased.

Much better than that just noone else remembers.

Edit: What if the alternate reality is one that still exists and the three effected by the wish end up in a Dual existence situation? Or would that be too complicated..

Definitely an an interesting option.

While they all have their memories they still just have the capabilities of their current ages.

Should they really retain their "real" memories? That´s going to make the alternate reality extremely different from the original after all, so it effectively kills the stated intent of the wish.
I think it messes up the original intent far too much.
If you want them to have some memories, how about letting them occasionally dream of the "real history"? So that they dream of real history at the time it would have happened.

And while Ranma is the youngest sister there is still a Son of Genma and Nodoka Saotome engaged to the Tendo daughters. But that only comes up near the end of catching up timeline wise.

Which i think Akane would be the perfect "actor" for. :twisted:

Sadly I don't see a place for there to be an Akane in this reality.

See above. Magic loves symmetry so it would only be "fair" that Akane gets the fun of growing up under Genma´s tender tutelage. Potentially with the choice of having her as a girl or boy(possibly with Jusenkyo mucking that up additionally), if a girl, messing up Genmas plans and overall reality a lot more. :mrgreen:

you might want to look at the wording of the wish

It´s unclear enough either direction that it shouldn´t matter(ie author choice).
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:13 am

By current age's abilities I also mean the current age capability for understanding. Until they learn and experience enough they don't even have the capability to comprehend their memories. Sure its tougher to keep in mind but when you are say 2(Nabiki) or 5(Kasumi) can you really understand all the things you do when you get to be pre-teen or older? They have the memories but they are a bit unbelievable and don't make sense yet.

As to Akane ending up as a replacement to Ranma well I'm not likely to be able to get this done. I have yet to finish a single chapter on any idea I have presented. Feel free to write your own take on it. After all, the way I want to go, outside of the new realities 3 Tendo daughters things should be normal until their actions and interactions change it.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:52 pm

What if Akane ends up also getting memories of the altered world her wish made. Only more like someone in a TV audience instead of someone who could have effected anything?
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby WG_Writer » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:47 pm

hmm... the wish could be taken that only one 'little sister' could exist, and as such something would have to happen to Akane... How would she feel about Ranma after walking a decade in his life? :twisted:
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:09 pm

What about the congenital twin path? Akane gets born Ranma's twin but Akane's a blue haired boy for the alternate reality? Mrs. Tendo's pregnancy with her did overlap the time of Nodoka's pregnancy with Ranma after all.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby WG_Writer » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:28 pm

you mentioned that the timeline would be forced, but what if it wasn't. Ranma would still be treated as the little sister, even if she was a Tomboy amongst Tomboys.... :lol:
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:44 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by forced.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby WG_Writer » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:36 am

I mean that the timeline is in lockdown, that no mater what anyone does the end result is the same.
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:38 am

Or the result of the wish could be that Kasumi and Nabiki end up Saotomes and were never Tendos at all, completely changing the timeline so that all three were raised by Genma. Akane the only one to remember. Or once Ranma meets up with her again he regains just the knowledge that his two horrible sisters were actually supposed to be Akane's.

Kasumi could be this perfect martial artist and lady all rolled into one. Always outshining any accomplishment Ranma could possibly attempt.
Nabiki could have Genma wrapped around her little finger and takes advantage of her precious little brother as much as she wants.

As a single daughter, Akane would turn out different now that she's all alone with just her father unless you wanted to leave her mother alive until later in her life.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:22 am

All are great possibilities to explore.

As to the lockdown thing. The Wish results happen in a parallel reality. It can go any way it wants but when they get to the day of the wish their consciousnesses either copy back to these bodies a few days later or vanish from that parallel world. Still not sure if they would end up with a dual existence in both realities for any portion of time.

The reason they get back to this reality at all is because they didn't physically leave, just mentally got put into the versions of themselves the wish made in the alternate reality.

I kinda wish I knew how to get people to take this as a challenge to write their own preferred results to the wish. The Combo I would want to explore myself would be the Kasumi, Nabiki and Ranma as Tendo daughters possibility. The reason I don't point out the Saotome buy for that line so much is because I feel I'd need to focus more on the Tendo's if I'm even going to be able to get any of it done.

All the other options including it are free for anyone else to do as well. Haven't seen many good "Be careful what you wish for" theme stories since people got tired of Mihoshi's Wish on addventure.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:38 am

Kasumi could be this perfect martial artist and lady all rolled into one. Always outshining any accomplishment Ranma could possibly attempt.
Nabiki could have Genma wrapped around her little finger and takes advantage of her precious little brother as much as she wants.

Oh that´s evil. :mrgreen:

Or the result of the wish could be that Kasumi and Nabiki end up Saotomes and were never Tendos at all, completely changing the timeline so that all three were raised by Genma.

Would take some work to squeeze that into a workable package, but it´s an interesting variation for sure. Might even be the one with best storypotential so far.

#####
I kinda wish I knew how to get people to take this as a challenge to write their own preferred results to the wish.

Well, kinda problematic since i can´t recall the event from the anime at all. :oops:
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Next

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes