Idea for a Ranma/My Little Pony story

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Idea for a Ranma/My Little Pony story

Postby talonhunter » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:14 am

Ok...categories aside, this idea has most of the required fuku fic elements. Girl type Ranma, princess, hero of the world...check, check and check...So present for your perusal...
Poison and Ponies...
Poison and Ponies...
By talonhunter

What would you do if the only way to save yourself was to change. Not just a decision, but fundamentally change your very being. Such are the choices of Ranma Saotome and Twilight Sparkle.

All was quiet in Canterlot castle...except for the pacing of hoofs in the room of Equestria's newest princess. "How did I get into this?" The red and black maned sable alicorn mare moaned to the heavens. How was she to know the soup was a transport spell to a different world. Well that wasn't exactly true. The soup, when not prepared properly, was a poison that could cause changes...and those changes for her left her susceptible to the magics of her new form and she was transported by a spell of her own making to the one place she could heal. Too bad it had taken away her human form...and her masculinity. But here she was. Accepted, loved, cared for. Her responsibilities as protector of the realm as well as her newest title of princess left the battle pony at loose ends. Still, she wished Celestia wouldn't make such a big deal about her newest princess. But the one thing she could say in all honesty was Ranma Saotome never backed away from a challenge or shirked her responsibility...unlike a certain panda she trained under. Had it been that long ago? Time seemed to pass here differently then it did where she came from....

Twilight Sparkle was on her way back from her home in Ponyville when she got the news. Her time away from the castle in Equestria had been cut short due to another Alicorn having been crowned. Now, no longer the newest princess of Equestria...the novelty having worn off long ago, she was surprised to hear the newest Alicorn was actually older then her. Could she be a new element of harmony like Cadence, separate but integral with Equestria? Rumor had it the newest princess wasn't at all feminine, in fact she was suppose to be a battle mare. Unsure what to feel about those facts, she moved on to other facts and information she had. The pictures of her battle prowess had Her feeling butterflies in her belly. This Ranma Saotome made her feel giddy and coltish. What was she thinking. This was a new princess..." Get your self under control, Twilight Sparkle, or you'll crash like a young pegasi." Twilight Sparkle lands near the gates lost in thought, barely noting those who greet her return. 'Why does this feel so...' She is distracted by the sight of the new Alicorn. Her sable coat and bright red and black mane and tail sparkle in the mid day sun. The last thought the elemental Mage Alicorn had were 'Oh my' before causing a clamor from her passing out.
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Re: Idea for a Ranma/My Little Pony story

Postby Dumbledork » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:16 am

I would read it. Could be fun.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby frice2000 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:52 am

but fundamentally change your very being. Such are the choices of Ranma Saotome and Twilight Sparkle.

Twilight grew wings, became a Princess, and gained new responsibilities. She really does not seem to have fundamentally changed, nor is she acting very differently, nor is she doing things she wouldn't do before. Is she more important moving forward? Yes. But the connection between the two is kind of faulty for how much of a change that was for Ranma.

she was transported by a spell of her own making to the one place she could heal.

Seems like quite a bit of magic that she just knows then. That's a little odd since it really seems like you have to learn it in regards to FIM canon. Probably should make it part of the Poison that she gets transported over rather then anything Ranma did to herself.

left the battle pony at loose ends.

They've got soldiers, guards, and adventurers. Never seen that term used before but it's fine. Just know that someone with her skill-set likely wouldn't be unknown or that rare really. Especially since any martial arts likely doesn't transfer over that cleanly to a quadrupedal, hoofed form. Further, when you've got magic in the world that makes much of what she can do totally ineffective to 1/3 of the Pony population, not to mention many of the threats that the non-ponies encounter are magical in nature too, or simply too massive for a physical beating to have much effect. So being able to physically engage something while often useful, is frankly a poor substitute to mages in many instances in this world. If she's effective at BOTH and weaves them together effortlessly, then that's very interesting and something Twilight might want to learn. But you need that distinction, otherwise Twilight would be equally impressed with Applejack's strength, and Rainbow's speed and agility would she not? Neither of which she seems overly this excited about and attracted to in canon.

Had it been that long ago?

How long ago had it been? Since this is supposed to be a bit of an outline rather then just the intro could we get some more info? Also can we take this to mean she didn't get transported to Equestria as an Alicorn? Since this seems to indicate that she was only crowned a Princess recently. If so does feel a bit odd.

Could she be a new element of harmony like Cadence, separate but integral with Equestria?

Cadence isn't an Element at all. Might be a 'Princess' of Love, Twilight a Princess of Magic, Luna Princess of Night/Moon, Celestia Princess of Day/Night, but none of that is definite. This isn't canon at all, and isn't supported in any way. Seen it before though, but with the current season we've had a better definition of what the Elements actually are, and this is definitely no longer correct.

in fact she was suppose to be a battle mare.

And that means what? Like I said such concepts aren't foreign. Simply can't be. One as a Princess is something new and interesting though, but again, this kind of thing must have been heard about before.

The pictures of her battle prowess had Her feeling butterflies in her belly.

This feels distinctly un-Twilight. She'd be more freaking out about how she might have to compare to her, how she'd have to act proper and Princessly, how she'd have to set a good example, etc. Not so much about how she seems to suddenly be a lesbian, and is attracted to her. Also can't help but feel the addition of Spike to this makes the whole run-down far more natural. With banter between the two and him asking the questions the readers need to know for the setup to make the whole thing feel far more natural. And even if this is far in the future of FIM canon, which I hope it is not, Dragons live a very very long time.

from her passing out.

Not really in character. She'd be much more likely to ask a barrage of questions in her excitement then just shut down. That's not how Twilight seems to act. Even in the most dangerous, stressful situations she keeps moving forward. Doesn't seem like her to do this in a situation where she's being purely attracted to another.

Overall not adverse to this and would be interested to see where this goes. Not much detail given though about what to expect and where you plan on taking it. Kind of need some more details really as this is more just the first two introductory paragraphs rather then any sort of outline.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:41 pm

Instead of passing out, Twilight might head for the library to research precedent.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby frice2000 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:22 am

Library thing would indeed likely be her reaction before flying there. Study all up on things a warrior pony would do and all the famous historical ones so she can ask all about it from a more educated base.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Vocaloid » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:38 pm

frice2000 wrote:Library thing would indeed likely be her reaction before flying there. Study all up on things a warrior pony would do and all the famous historical ones so she can ask all about it from a more educated base.

And thus drive Ranma bonkers about Twilights stream of questions...^_^
Know Music, Know Life
No Music, No Life
Vocaloid
Asteroid Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:05 am

frice2000 wrote:Library thing would indeed likely be her reaction before flying there. Study all up on things a warrior pony would do and all the famous historical ones so she can ask all about it from a more educated base.

She already went thru the library in Ponyville, but your right. She would head towards the castle library. I implied a though here and didn't define it properly. Revision underway with more backstory
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby frice2000 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:09 pm

Ok I look forward to seeing it.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes